PDA

View Full Version : I know I know !!!

Atishoo
2nd Jan 2007, 21:19
:O I know this will be responded with some sighs and rolled eyes but no harm in asking.......

Would companies like Menzies, or Servisair consider lesser hours than 38 ish? I went for one interveiw with Servisair who said before i arrived the hours would be 20, then when i got there all of a sudden it was " the hours could be as much as 38 per week" !! Is it the norm for these Companies to be so vague about working hours, and rotas?

There just doesnt seem like any set shift patterns, anyone working for either could u explain how it works please?

TA :O

Atishoo
3rd Jan 2007, 20:42
ant believe i havent had one reply LOL

Capt Wannabe
6th Jan 2007, 21:18
Although you don't mention Swissport - they certainly have part-time contracts - normally around 20 hrs per week with extra if desired.

Also, you don't say what job you are looking for : C/I / Ramp / Disp, however I'm sure most handlers have part-time for all positions however you would need to be realistic and not expect to work say 1000-1500 for 4 days a week as this would be unlikely to cover peak periods for many which is when they need the part-timers.

Hope that helps.

Atishoo
6th Jan 2007, 21:33
Hey thanks Capt....

Im going ahead with some interviews and hope i can impress enough for them to be a bit flexible with me, (flutters eyelashes !)

The job is for Dispatch. (It's all i wanna do :{ :{ :{ :{ )

Lite
7th Jan 2007, 12:23
Servisair part-time contracts usually work out, if on a part-time basis, at between 20-25 hours a week minimum. They will ask you to be flexible in working these shifts, and when they mention 38 hours, it usually means over-time which in the busy summer months is often enforced. As has been mentioned in another post of yours, it's all about flexibility. Whilst Servisair are often notorious for being like slave-drivers for new recruits, if you're prepared to show you're flexible, often the management are willing to work the same way. I would definitely go for it.

myt
26th Jan 2007, 16:31
I have just applied for a job with Menzies at Man, as a P.S.A. That also states 20-38 hours, however due to baby etc I can only work weekends, I am ex cabin crew and a nurse so I do have the experience. Do you think Ive got any chance of getting weekends only or is not flexible enough? because no airline will take me as cabin crew doing that.

Thanks, for any help.