PDA

View Full Version : BA Staff Travel Policy!

Pax Agent
2nd Jan 2007, 14:17
Hi....i'm relatively new entrant and have still not thought (until now) about my nominees for staff travel!
Am I reading it correctly that I can (as a single (in legal terms) employee) only nominate EITHER my travel companion (current BF ;) ) OR my 3 chosen immediate relatives? What would happen if I nominate my two borthers and say that my bf is a third bro? I know it's diff surnames but we r in the 21st century.....and is quite common place. Would any1 know?
Have to say I got away wth it in my last job with Touchdown...going away with brother and his fiancee said she was our sis and no-one battered an eye-lid!

Any help appreciated....btw....not condoning lying but sometimes the rules flex when a little pressure is applied! lol!

Safe Flyin...XXX

Lucifer
2nd Jan 2007, 14:31
Careful - if you are caught abusing it, you lose it for life.

I think you have answered your own question as to whether it is possible, but only an idiot would condone this behaviour, especially on a bulletin board.

Pax Agent
2nd Jan 2007, 14:38
exactly i don't condone it but wondered if it was one of those unwritten rules/adapting yr benefits?
Im also saying would any1 know? And if so how....!

Carnage Matey!
2nd Jan 2007, 15:13
It certainly isn't an unwritten rule. Get caught by any means (and it could simply be the admin people asking you to verify your nominees when you initially apply) then staff travel is gone for good. BA wouldn't see it as 'adapting your benefits', they'd see it as dishonesty and as a probationer it could cost you your job.

Pax Agent
2nd Jan 2007, 15:21
Oh don't worry I certainly won't be doing it! LOL! Simply dipping my toes in the water!
Is my understanding correct tho about who I can nominate? Also I believe it can be changed every year....is that 12 months from when you are eligible, from when you first nominate some1 or from your DOJ?

Many thanx X

Carnage Matey!
2nd Jan 2007, 15:37
Your understanding of your nominees is correct. You can change them every staff travel year, which begins on 1st April. The change must have been enterered into the system by 31st March otherwise computer says no.

flybywire
2nd Jan 2007, 16:16
Am I reading it correctly that I can (as a single (in legal terms) employee) only nominate EITHER my travel companion (current BF ;) ) OR my 3 chosen immediate relatives? What would happen if I nominate my two borthers and say that my bf is a third bro?

Careful there. You understand it correctly, it's either or.
However you could nominate your boyfriend as a "partner" if you both live together and that would mean he gets to fly on his own too and would have your same "perks" (as a travel companion he would only be able to fly whenever you fly as a passenger yourself.)

If you do live together and want him to appear as "partner" be ready to have a document from a solicitor that states that you ctually live together. It costs about £5-7.

I had to do this to get onto my other half's concessions to get a "free" ticket to go on his Xmas trip. Very clever on BA's part, since they have been writing to us to the same address for over a year and our addresses are identical on peopleonline....but then again not many things make sense these days.

Also if BA have any doubt about who ou nominate as your beneficiary, they have the right to request any proof, including birth certificates etc.