PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast patrol 4th feb.

hollywood285
1st Jan 2007, 18:34
After last years success we are having another crack at it. It will be nice to see a few more forumites again.

Look at the website for more info (www.lincolnaeroclub.co.uk)

hollywood285
19th Jan 2007, 13:30
All the rules for this event are now posted on the website, come along, should be a laugh!!! we could also have a pprune Vs Flyer compo!! choose which side your going to be on!!

ShyTorque
19th Jan 2007, 19:47
Some of us will have already landed on a dark helipad, not too far away from Sturgate, loaded the pax and taken them to their destination in the opposite direction by 0830 am on Sunday 4th. :sad:

Bertie Thruster
19th Jan 2007, 20:16
hhhmmmm. Free breakfast! Jobs permitting, the Waddo ambo crew might be hanging around!

ShyTorque
20th Jan 2007, 11:03
With that airborne Hoover of yours in stealth mode you would surely have no trouble sneaking in, Bertie. ;)

Well, apart from it being painted bright yellow, of course. Oops - sorry, what a give away! :p

P.S. I still miss the big sunday breakfasts from that "other job" we did.

Bertie Thruster
21st Jan 2007, 06:39
Shy T; Our Paramedics don't seem to go for the big Sunday breakfast at Waddo!

Yellow paint! Yes bit of a give away! No airproxes in 6 years of 902 operations, however.:)

We will probably be 'in action' as usual that Sunday, so no time to stop!

hollywood285
1st Feb 2007, 12:37
Right everyone, the weathers looking like it wants to play ball this weekend, come across and see if your a good enough interceptor to get the free breakfast, hope to see a few of you there, hopefully before you get into the overhead!!!!

hollywood285
1st Feb 2007, 16:41
These kind of thinks are done all over the place, it was hard enough even trying to shot an aircraft last year let alone run into one!!!

helicopter-redeye
1st Feb 2007, 18:30
Presume (hope??) you mean SPOT an aircraft .....

h-r:eek:

eharding
1st Feb 2007, 19:13
Presume (hope??) you mean SPOT an aircraft .....
h-r:eek:

Fried food is serious business - personally, faced with a wave of egg-banjo rustlers in PA28s attempting to deprive me of breakfast at my home airfield, the first instinct would be to shoot first, then machine-gun any survivors, pop back for a spot of nose-bag, and then ask questions. :8

I understand the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to food-fights, no matter how far they get out of hand.

Human Factor
2nd Feb 2007, 09:47
Shame we haven't got the Yak back, it would never be spotted with the new paint job!! Your Pitts on the other hand.....:}

hollywood285
3rd Feb 2007, 21:34
looks like its going to be a corker weather wise!! see you in the morning!:D

Mariner9
4th Feb 2007, 17:03
Very friendly crowd at Sturgate, a lovely breakfast, and a great days flying :ok: Well done Lincs Aero club :D

PH-UKU
4th Feb 2007, 22:30
Sadly my trusty steed is out of action at the moment due to storms on New Years Day :ouch: but would have loved to come down from the frozen north ..

Any chance you could do another one for the pudding course at the end of March/early April when we come down to get the respray touched up ? :E

CDH
6th Feb 2007, 19:27
So how many intrepid aviators managed to blag a free breakfast?

I really wanted to come over but other commitments prevented me :*

Mark 1
7th Feb 2007, 14:39
The breakfasts were being dished out with just a donation box on the counter anyway.

So even though we got in low level at about 190 mph without being caught;) , we put a few quid in the box anyway. They ended up doling out seconds at 12.00 if you were still noshing.

Excellent hospitality and a fun way of whiling away a glorious February morning.

'Look forward to the next one.