PDA

View Full Version : Triumph over adversity stories please

captain_rossco
31st Dec 2006, 01:10
Please dont move this:sad:

Im all out of triumph over adversity stories here on the prune. I'm sure a few people are in the same boat and would like to hear some more. Dan's was great and anything that starts "During my PPL i struggled with......." and ends "Now I'm chief test pilot for...." or "I fly lear jets from...." would be most appreciated and certainly motivational!
4 hour PPL solo-ers and bare minimums chaps need not apply although skills test retakers later on in pro-training input would be gratefully recieved!

Best wishes from a bare minimums +5hours kind of guy.

Happy new year
Rossco

Ps, overheard a great conversation just after christmas concerning concorde/concordski. during which the question was raised "was this a version adapted for alpine landings"? priceless.:oh:

will fly for food 06
31st Dec 2006, 16:00
When i was 17 i could not get to grips with Nav. Several years later nav at 420knots and 250ft worked so much better for me. Unfortunately those fun times are over and its time to study hard for atpl exams and once more around the hold rather than run in and breaks.

Good Luck.

EGCC4284
31st Dec 2006, 17:17
Started a 4 week PPL crash course at Welshpool in August 1999

Bought a share in a Cessna 150 March 2000 at Barton to hour build

Started ATPL correspondence course September 2001 which took me 3 years due to working full time long hours shift work.

Started CPL January 2005, finished IR Sept 2005 at Ravenair, Liverpool.

After 8 and a half years working on the ramp at Manchester, just handed my notice in and start a job on an Embraer 145 jet in 3 weeks time.

Aged 39, just under 500 hours Modular.

Never give up, never look to far ahead and just take 1 step at a time.

Remember, there is always someone behind you with regards their training, wishing they were in your shoes.

dlav
31st Dec 2006, 20:15
well done mate, hope 2007 will be good to you.

Its certainly off to a good start! :ok: :)