PDA

View Full Version : New Joiner classes 2007

BillytheKid
31st Dec 2006, 00:35
Does anyone know how many new joiner DEFO classes there will be per month for 2007? How many per class? Is ORD still not an option? Just trying to see how much longer I have to wait.

Thanks!

Richard Wong
31st Dec 2006, 01:41
Does anyone know how many new joiner DEFO classes there will be per month for 2007? How many per class? Is ORD still not an option? Just trying to see how much longer I have to wait.

Thanks!

The longer you wait, the better. CX will "probably" open up the North America as another basing area where you will have the option to join as DEFOPAX vs. DEFOBOXES.

More money, more days off and more opportunities to meet nice Chinese cabin crews.

Hang in there mate!

angryblackman
31st Dec 2006, 01:54
When do they start the DECAPT class on the freighter?

SMOC
31st Dec 2006, 05:58
They already have, it's on the classic though.

Richard Wong
1st Jan 2007, 00:56
Cathay Pacific has decided to hire Direct Entry into all positions. That way no one will have to be upgraded, saves them a ton of money!

No newspapers, no magazines, and no talkie talkie with the honeys

Richard Wong
1st Jan 2007, 00:59
With the amount of people that are either Cat B (can't upgrade) or have failed their command courses, it won't be long before DECAPT are required on all fleets.

Harbour Dweller
1st Jan 2007, 02:38
Richard,

Cathay Pacific has decided to hire Direct Entry into all positions. That way no one will have to be upgraded, saves them a ton of money!

And exactly what is your source for this?

Under the current COS DECAPT is not possible on the Pax fleet.

Really Richard, please tell us as I am interested to know.

Richard Wong
1st Jan 2007, 06:49
Richard,
And exactly what is your source for this?
Under the current COS DECAPT is not possible on the Pax fleet.
Really Richard, please tell us as I am interested to know.

You want to bring up CoS?

Remember 1999?

Sure the CoS does not allow, but seriously mate, what do you think CX will do when there's not enough captains? Those airplanes are showing up and we are producing F/Os by way of the Command course at an unbelievable rate.

Do you think they will park the planes?

If you believe that then I have some beach front properties in Alice Springs I would like to sell you.