PDA

View Full Version : bmibaby

widebodyboy
29th Dec 2006, 13:50
I have been invited for an interview for bmibaby at BHX and have been told that I'll be interviewed for the Cabin Manager job due to my experience and their big expansion at BHX. Does anyone know what the money is like for cabin managers as I am unsure if it is financially viable to leave my current job? Thanks in advance.

Pandora's Box
2nd Jan 2007, 17:37
widebodyboy,

Good luck for your assessment day whenever it is.

Money for CM is pretty good, take home about £1500 every month but you do work for it.

Because were a low cost carrier we work to CAP371 so you can do 60 hours a week, especially in the summer.

Also as a CM, you get sent to other bases all the time (Cardiff) and you always get called of standby's, most of the time to cover cabin crew!

Birmingham is a lovely, friendly base with some very good crew and there are some interesting times ahead with the expansion of BHX base and apperently a new uniform :ok:

Good luck to anyone else who applies for direct entry Cabin Manager, it will be nice to have some new faces.

I do beleive though that alot of the cabin crew are quite put out that they are recruiting externally, and to be honest I dont blame them, we have some very good crew at BHX that would make good CM's :confused:

bmibaby.com
2nd Jan 2007, 22:56
By low-cost airline standards bmibaby aren't such a bad airline to work for. The airline has pretty high standards in what they're looking for in their crews, harking back to British Midland, but there is a much more relaxed atmosphere. Pay for cabin managers (anybody remember when we were called team leaders ... shudder?) is not too bad as mentioned, though whilst Pandora states that we work hard, this is exactly what you'd expect if you were working for any low-cost airline, at least with baby you do so in a very professional environment.

The airline is trying to update it's image to appear to be more professional, yet we remain called bmibaby, and as part of this new smarter uniforms are apparently in the pipeline.

Smudger
3rd Jan 2007, 21:22
These things will be noticed eventually so what's the problem?

steward733/5
6th Jan 2007, 21:07
Do BMI Baby automatically check weight and
your height on their assessment day?

They would ask you those questions during the initial telephone criteria session. They certainly wouldn't ask you in front of others on the day.

a1tone
30th Jan 2007, 17:05
Hello,

I have just been invited to attend an assessment day on the 28th Feb for BMI Baby out of EMA.:D

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of things to expect from the assessment day and if what it is like working for BMI Baby (Hours, Pay, Shift Pattern etc).

Just want to be well informed before attending.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

BDflightSupervisor
1st Feb 2007, 14:57
Hello!

I used to work for bmibaby as Cabin Crew at the MAN base. They are a great company to work for. Although the crew do work hard and complete up to six sectors a day, this a good fun airline to work for.

With regards to the Cabin Crew interview, its a very relaxed and enjoyable day. The session usally starts with a maths test, now this is nothing to worry about, I am hopeless with numbers when I am put on the spot but this only accounts for a very small score on your overall performance.

When this is over you will be put into groups and they will be your groups that you will stay in for the entire session. In the groups you will be given some tasks to do, one of ours that really sticks out was we were asked to build a bridge of out paper that was 30cm off the floor (standard ruler length) and stands for 5 minutes unaided. When in your group try and get everyone involved in the task, I dont me rush in and take over the group but just use some of your leadership qualities and make sure you use good eye contact, smile naturally and address people by there name on there sticker.

bmibaby is a relaxed airline and therefore they want the crew to be easy to talk to and seem like nothing is too much trouble. When at the interview...as I am sure you would, present yourself in a professional manner and make good eye contact with all the recruitment people who speak to you.

Another taks you will be given during the day will be, a senario where you are all managers of a restaurant and you will have to spril the traning of the staff between you e.g Someone trains on presentation another on Customer Service etc, and you will have to inform the group of the reason when you chose that particular subject to train. I chose Customer Service and then I said "I have picked customer service because I have fun and bubbly personnality and a passion for high standards but also expect a certain aspect of fun with the job" this got he group laughing which they like.

When it comes to the end of the morning session you will all be congrigated in a room and they will read off a list of names, when your name is called out you will be take to another room, when I was selected the people who left the room were the people who got invited to stay for the afternoon 2-2-1 interview. When YOU are selected you will be given a time along with some other people to be back at the arrange place for the interview to take place.

During the interview you will be asked basic Customer Service questions and maybe one or 2 senarios, you will then be asked what type of people you think use bmibaby on a lets say a Belfast flight, I said " You can expect a mainly business passenger flight but that does not rule out Belfast as a holiday destination so you can excect any group of customer to travel."
After your interview you will have to wait for about a week to find out the results.

Just incase you are unsure the basic salary is £9500.00 with a flight allowence of £8.00 per sector and 8% of the onboard sales commisson divided by the three cabin crew.

I hope this helps, Good Luck on the day.

Regards BDFS