PDA

View Full Version : What does Confirmed mean?

Aerofoil
29th Dec 2006, 10:00
Hi all

Just wondered if someone can help me with this. I am currently on a cancellation list in the hope that i can get on a flight home through someone else cancelling their ticket. On calling the booking office they said that as yet the flight which i am hoping to get on has not yet been confirmed...what does this mean? (it was an early morning so didnt think to ask..DOH!)

If anyone can help i would be most thankful,

Thanks in advance

Foil :ok:

BOAC
29th Dec 2006, 10:05
I would assume it means you are still on standby and I guess you will be until near check-in closure time?

Good luck.

Aerofoil
29th Dec 2006, 11:33
When i spoke to them on the phone previously they mentioned that i could go on standby which as you said would mean waiting til near check in close time. Which is why im thinking 'confirmed' means something different? :confused: :confused:

PAXboy
29th Dec 2006, 11:39
... the flight which i am hoping to get on has not yet been confirmed Interesting if they said the flight was not confirmed, rather than your booking???

Aerofoil
29th Dec 2006, 12:42
This is true which is what is confusing, They said this about a load of other flights which i enquired about. So what could they be talking about when they say the flights are not confirmed yet? Maybe they are talking about reserved seats which have not been confirmed yet?

Rollingthunder
29th Dec 2006, 15:25
The fact that the flight is not confirmed is interesting.

What airline?

Aerofoil
29th Dec 2006, 15:59
Its with Singapore Airlines

PaperTiger
29th Dec 2006, 16:48
The fact that the flight is not confirmed is interesting.Probably just a linguistic lapse, I've never heard of flights needing to be confirmed (except for extra sections). She likely meant "you're not confirmed on the flight yet" and either didn't translate it accurately or was simply using lazyspeak.

KiloMIke
29th Dec 2006, 18:11
I can remember which reservations sytem SQ use but if its AMADEUS you can check your rerservation by entering your last name & PNR here:

www.checkmytrip.com