PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old mate

bolkow
28th Dec 2006, 11:30
Does anybody know Tim Tolaro? He used to fly the Columbus Ohio traffic Jet Ranger "yellow thunder". I lost contact with him after moving back to Ireland, but know him well in the mid eighties in Columbus Ohio? Any help would be appreciated, he lived in Columbus but may be back in cinncinati now.

visitorfromohio
12th Dec 2008, 04:07
Tim Tolaro moved to Westlake, Ohio and is a Police Detective with the Westlake Police Department.

pogo759
27th Dec 2008, 22:33
Does anybody know him. We were together on Bristow HP 17 in Redhill.

Auschick
28th Dec 2008, 04:28
Sorry I only know a journo/cameraman who use to fly with him, but his details are at home in Aus. Did you try contacting the traffic chopper in columbus? It was still around when I was there in 2006

pogo759
28th Dec 2008, 20:30
Many thanks Auschick,

It nice to know that he is still flying. Perhaps one day I will be able to get in touch with him again

bolkow
29th Dec 2008, 21:11
just giot back in touch with tim, he is a detective in the westlake police dept in cleveland ohio, has'nt flown for 10 years now but htere is a whisper their dept may be getting a chopper so he is thinking of restarting.
Givwe me a pm if you want his mail addy.

bolkow
29th Dec 2008, 21:13
traffic heli now gone, its apparently done by fixed wing now for financial reasons. In the mid eighties when I was there there was also a fixed wing flying traffic for another local station.