PDA

View Full Version : Chopper down in Morecambe

mbga9pgf
27th Dec 2006, 20:39
Channel 4 and BBC reporting this online, airbourne from Blackpool Airport. THoughts are with all those involved, hoping the 7 on board are all OK. :(
Channel 4 news (http://www.channel4.com/news/content/news-storypage.jsp?id=27656716)

jayteeto
27th Dec 2006, 21:11
Unfortunately 5 bodies found :sad: Dauphin.

Colonal Mustard
27th Dec 2006, 21:53
My thoughts are with families involved......so sad .......the downside to aviation:sad:

BRASSEMUP
28th Dec 2006, 07:15
RIP.........................................

sarmonkey
28th Dec 2006, 10:27
What concerns me though is why the accident was not survivable. The PAX & Crew wear protective clothing and undergo (perhaps with the exception of the contract worker) dunker training. Clearly they vacated the aircraft as all bar one body has been found, yet none survive despite an instant notification to RCC from the rig.

Also noted that SAR boyz from Leconfield and Valley attended, despite Boulmer being the nearest, and there must be a reason, cause Valley to Morcambe Bay is hardly a quick response scenario. Not wishing to detract from what must have been an unpleasant job, especially during the festive season.

Condolances to friends and family that may frequent these pages. Lets hope that although this is a civilian incident, any lessons learnt are passed on to the military.

Perhaps out of respect to those friends and family, you could keep your clueless speculation to yourself, you ignorant c0ck.

And while you're at it, be a love and update your map of the UK, as if it tells you that Boulmer's closest, it probably also says 'here be dragons' on it somewhere.

Kn0b.

212man
28th Dec 2006, 10:36
I was just about to say "stick to admin, as navigation isn't your forte:ugh: "

Pilots unlikely to have had STASS: it's not the norm at all in UK Offshore industry. Pax MAY have had rebreathers.

The Swinging Monkey
28th Dec 2006, 10:39
Admin_Guru,
Your comments never cease to amaze me in their stupidity, ignorance and sheer thoughlessness. You really are an utter, utter fool Sir. Please, just go away for ever and don't come back.

Deepest condolences to all those families involved, and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
RIP guys, God Bless.

TSM

timex
28th Dec 2006, 11:18
Admin Guru, you are a cretin.

RIP guys, Si you'll be a big miss...

LXGB
28th Dec 2006, 11:24
Sky news on form as usual.

Loads of video of an RAF SAR cab and a big picture of an RN Seaking behind the presenters. All emblazoned with Helicopter Crash, Disaster, Destruction, etc, etc. Is it that difficult to find a picture of a Dauphin for a backdrop?

RIP guys, condolences to family and friends.

LXGB

airborne_artist
28th Dec 2006, 11:25
AG - you certainly have a way with words. I take it you've never been in the dunker, nor spent much time thinking about vacating a downed helo in the dark, in the briny? Stick to stacking.

A sad day, but our thoughts go with them.

EmeraldToilet
28th Dec 2006, 11:26
My thoughts with all the families, especially Si Fodderings.

RIP

kissmysquirrel
28th Dec 2006, 11:29
Admin Guru, to post comments such as yours at this time really does show you to be a c0ck. If you bothered to read some of the news from onscene doctors etc, you would see that they didn't believe it to be a survivable accident and no-one appears to have been able to vacate. I don't wish to go into what happened or even speculate at this time but if the aircraft commander wasn't able to perform a controlled ditching, they wouldn't have much use for survival suits etc. The aircraft was found in pieces so again, dunker training not really of much use either. Please think about what you post about these sorts of incidents before doing so. Some comments can be considered insensitive even if they may not be meant that way at the time of posting.

brassmonkey
28th Dec 2006, 11:44
AG - not the time or place to spout off - surely your thoughts should be with the families and friends of the guys who tragically lost their lives.

SARMONKEY - well said, AG's comments were truly c0ck-like!!!:mad:

Farmer 1
28th Dec 2006, 11:47
I don't think I had the privilege of meeting Simon, but the world is a poorer place after the loss of Steve (Spot On).

I never met a nicer bloke.

wg13_dummy
28th Dec 2006, 11:58
I don't think I had the privilege of meeting Simon, but the world is a poorer place after the loss of Steve (Spot On).
I never met a nicer bloke.
The same can be said for Simon too. A gentle giant and a heart of gold.
A very sad day indeed.
AG, you are a cock

Nr Nh T6
28th Dec 2006, 13:51
R.I.P Guy's.
Si, you will be missed old buddy!!

Nr Nh T6

diginagain
28th Dec 2006, 14:13
May I just add my condolences; I knew neither the crew nor the pax, yet as a former pilot and present offshore worker, my thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those we have lost in this tragedy.

I have nothing to add to those comments made about A-G, other than you really are the most thoughtless arrse.

wannabeingoal
28th Dec 2006, 14:24
I'm "only" cabin crew out of LHR but several of our drivers knew these poor souls and their response has even affected me.
Can't imagine the feeling of loss, especially at this time of year. I'm sure all in the aviation industry share the grief of the bereaved.
Is that AG a c0ck or a complete c0unt?

SunderlandMatt
28th Dec 2006, 14:52
Rest In Peace.

This is a dangerous job. Some do it for the money, some do it for the danger.
One thing is for sure, we all do it because we love it.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of those involved.

snakepit
28th Dec 2006, 15:30
:( Condolences to all the family and friends of those lost. It was a very sad and difficult night, and you should rest assured that the comments of AG are way off the mark. The correct units from all the rescue services were called and on scene as soon as humanly possible. It saddens and angers me that someone would question that at this early stage and cause the people who are already distressed even more to worry about.
AG you obviously read this forum and live up to your name as a REMF. Please apologise and remove your ignorant and very insensitive post or stop visiting a forum you are clearly not qualified or intelligent enough to comment on.

Green Flash
28th Dec 2006, 17:20
I see they have called off the search.

My thoughts are with the families.

AG you are still a c0ck.

CAC Runaway
28th Dec 2006, 17:55
RIP guys. I knew Si very well during his time in the AAC. A-G as has been said you are indeed an ARSSE. The aircraft veered left about 500ft away from the rig. At that height and speed what happened to them was almost certainly not survivable despite the right equipment and training. A Eurocopter veering left sounds like loss of Tail Rotor Thrust to me (not meaning to speculate) and at that speed and height there would be little they could do. RIP.

ewe.lander
28th Dec 2006, 18:43
My thoughts and condolences to Steve Pottons family. I had the privilege of knowing him in the AAC, smashing bloke, always smiling - one of the good eggs. RIP Steve.

Raincheck
28th Dec 2006, 18:52
I knew Steve Potton many years ago in Germany. A sad loss, condolences to his family and others lost in the incident. Safe journey to the stars.

Eight Eights Blue
28th Dec 2006, 19:53
Times like this are always hard for all involved in aviation, but when you know someone it makes it that little bit worse.

I do not know any of the pax or the captain of the aircraft but my deepest thoughts are with their families at this time.

I did know Si very well and have spent many many hours in the cockpit with him and may I say what a true professional aviator he was.

Socially, a gentle giant who always had a boisterous grin and grufty laugh that brought laughter to all around him.

You will be missed big fella and thoughts and prayers go out to all your family at this tragic time.

EEB

paddyboy
28th Dec 2006, 21:35
This is a dangerous job. Some do it for the money, some do it for the danger.
It is not a dangerous job and no professional pilot would treat it as such.
Having flown with both chaps money and danger were most certainly the lowest of priorities.
RIP & God bless to all involved.

mickjoebill
28th Dec 2006, 23:59
Sky news on form as usual.
Loads of video of an RAF SAR cab and a big picture of an RN Seaking behind the presenters. All emblazoned with Helicopter Crash, Disaster, Destruction, etc, etc. Is it that difficult to find a picture of a Dauphin for a backdrop?
RIP guys, condolences to family and friends.
LXGB

BBC news 24 were no better, they used footage of an EC135 most of the day.

Mickjoebill

mutleyfour
29th Dec 2006, 07:32
Gut wrenching times, our thoughts are with all those whom lost their lives, their families and friends.

Mr & Mrs Mutt

happysod1412
29th Dec 2006, 23:16
Me and Fodders both came from the same Infantry Regiment to the AAC, great bloke to be around with!!

FLIGHT IS FREEDOM IN IT'S PUREST FORM,
TO DANCE WITH THE CLOUDS, WHICH FOLLOW A STORM;
TO ROLL AND GLIDE, TO WHEEL AND SPIN;
TO FEEL THE JOY THAT SWELLS WITHIN;
TO LEAVE THE EARTH WITH ITS TROUBLES AND FLY,
AND KNOW THE WARMTH OF A CLEAR SPRING SKY;
THEN BACK TO EARTH AT THE END OF THE DAY,
RELEASED FROM THE TENSIONS WHICH MELTED AWAY.
SHOULD MY END COME WHILE I AM IN FLIGHT,
WHETHER BRIGHTEST DAY OR DARKEST NIGHT;
SPARE ME YOUR PITY AND SHRUG OFF THE PAIN,
SECURE IN THE KNOWLEDGE, THAT I'D DO IT AGAIN;
FOR EACH OF US IS CREATED TO DIE,
AND WITHIN ME I KNOW,
I WAS BORN TO FLY

RIP friend