PDA

View Full Version : Stand-By and New Hand Baggage Rules

Gertcha
26th Dec 2006, 19:13
Hi All,

Thought I would post this in here as most likely to get a response from Cabin Crew who travel stand by regularly on domestic UK routes.

I am travelling stand by tomorrow from LHR on staff travel tickets, the first time since the new hand baggage rules. What are the restrictions with regard to liquids going through security in a suit-case that will go into the hold from the gate area once you are confirmed as having a seat on the flight?

Thanks

MzGuilty
26th Dec 2006, 19:28
Things have changed slightly. Now when you travel standby, you have to check your case in when you list for the flight. As you know, onceover you took your case through with you to the gate. Not sure what happens if you don't get on the flight though. Be warned, from February BA will only allow one case in the hold (max weight 23kg I believe), and one small cabin bag, or they will charge. The guy at the desk explained this to me. On one occasion they didn't allow my crew bag on board (it's only small), and the guy said it would cost me if I put that in the hold too.

Gertcha
27th Dec 2006, 13:12
Thanks MzGuilty, Mrs G got her flight this morning, confirmed at the check in desk, I'm trying my luck tonight after work.