PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool University Air Squadron reunion

IrishSarBoy
25th Dec 2006, 01:57
Ok Lads and Ladets, or whatever we call ourselves they days, It's time for a reunion, so the the slackers of LUAS circa 1986 to 1988ish it's about time we had a reunion. So looking for: Howard Payne, Gash, dizzy, zig froome, mickey spillane, betty potter, Scottie Burge, etc, you know who you are! so Lets pull out our fingers!;) pm me and we'll sort something:)

Oggin Aviator
26th Dec 2006, 18:20
Amazing - got my real name on PPrune !!
Those people spanned the era up to '92 actually. Sounds like a lot of fun.
PM on the way ........
Oggin

Chris Griffin
26th Dec 2006, 20:49
What about those 1991 and onwards ?! Can we play too? I'm sure Nik Nak, Spadger and Zim etc would like a road trip too.

Last heard of Dizzy in Oz - not sure if she's back in UK yet.

Bulldog69
26th Dec 2006, 22:29
Let's narrow it down to some courses shall we? Of the years in question - our course was the 'Hine Course' (1989 - 1991/2) after the CAS at the time. Zig, Mickey and others will remember this.
I agree it is high time that we organised a reunion so let's spread the word and get courses on either side of the Hine course to log in so that we can capture everyone around that time! HP you were a year or two ahead of us - are you still in touch with many LUAS lads and ladets?
:ok:

Oggin Aviator
26th Dec 2006, 22:36
Howard worked for BA last time I talked to him (about 5 years ago lol).

I'll email the address I have and see if it still works !

PM me for a list of people I know of that era around the bazaars.

Oggin

Oggin Aviator
28th Dec 2006, 16:30
Back to the top and to let IrishSarBoy, Chris Griffin and Bulldog69 know that I appear to have gained wiggly amp comms with HP.
cheers
Oggin

Chris Griffin
28th Dec 2006, 22:40
I want to ask HP about those USA rumours... I've started to put feelers out to Stear cse (91-93) - a message should be winging its way to Andy Whitney quite soon via Steve Emmett. Gomez said he is keen to go and I've found Nik Nak on friends reunited. Where's scanners these days? I believe Tristan Swan was flying for Aer Lingus and Rob Wilson was/is a Rock prepared to be corrected tho.

Still see Graham Clifford on occasion, sadly festus is no more. More than happy to do some chasing as it could be quite a good evening. Must stop boozed up bumbling.

Craven Moorhed
1st Jan 2007, 05:52
I agree on Irish SAR Boy's request, lets have a reunion.
(Although this time, lets make sure you don't get your 2 front teeth kicked in!)
So go ahead, make a date now. Those with 'normal' jobs should have 6 months to get their leave sorted.
According to the UAS history pages; LUAS dates back to Jan 1941.
Too soon to org a 66th I guess ISAR !!
So why not pick late Jun/Jul for a reunion at Woodvale/Liverpool ?

I'd love to join in but being 4,500 miles away might hinder the admin, but i'll fly back for the party !!

Lets hope to get the 'boys' back together:

Corrie (he's the size of a lorry)
Clancy (can be a bit of a nancy)
Storr (bit of a bore....)

Scott, Gash, Rex, Dizzy, Payne, Spillane, McCrory, Lamont, Betty, Lees, Bonner etc etc
And lets not forget the infamous Bazz & Giz !!
Is it worth opening it up +/- 2 years ?
It'd be funny to Clifford, Lofty & Bumless Burman again ???

Anyway, gotta go

PM me if req ISAR Boy.

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WHO READ THIS CRAP, DRUNKEN MUMBLING....

scans
2nd Jan 2007, 14:15
Haven't been on this site for ages- friend picked up on the thread. Seen courses either side but no posts from the Jackson lot. I'm happy to trawl through some old address books but having finally escaped from the dark and light sides 5 years back, there will be people with more up to date contacts. Anybody out there more current? ( sounds fun tho if you can cope with a boring sales rep who still can't handle her drink! HIC):\

Broomstick Betty
3rd Jan 2007, 15:59
I have good contact details for Pat Sobers, and I know that he still stays in touch with Norm.

Bulldog69
3rd Jan 2007, 21:43
Sounds like we have quite a few contacts out there so let's start pulling it together. I am happy to start collecting names and have set up an e-mail account specifically for this prestigious occasion: luas.reunion at btinternet.com (convert this in to an e-mail address).

Start passing this address on to all LUAS members around the late 80's and early 90's and encourage them to get in touch with name and details etc. I will take it from there and contact Woodvale to see what they can do for us.

:ok:

threepointonefour
3rd Jan 2007, 21:45
I can help with Steve Green (private dentist to the stars), Si Stevens (BA - again) and Andy Bean (BA) ...

BEagle
3rd Jan 2007, 22:38
What - no Barry, Gary or Terry? Eh, eh.....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/BGT.jpg

LUAS reunion?

IrishSarBoy
4th Jan 2007, 18:47
BEagle, calm down, calm down!

Farrier
6th Jan 2007, 22:10
Rob Wilson is a Rock - seen him in combats and beret!
Mick Baker was a Harrier mate last time I bumped into him,
Ed Thomas likewise.
I'm pretty sure I bumped into LUAS members in MPA who were Tonka mates too.
What about non-aircrew members (remember there were ground members too . . . .)
Fossie is a Wing Co in whitehall now sorting computers not teeth,
Give Carol Norrington a ring and ask around?
Farrier

Hello to Steve Emmett - what the devil are you upto these days?
Weren't you part of that "hard as rock tour" that sent a postcard to CAS to thank him for the lovely trip you had?

Bulldog69
19th Jan 2007, 23:56
Right Guys,

This thread has gone quiet after lots of initial interest but I have been in touch with LUAS and the reunion is on! The main reunion event will take place on Saturday 2 Jun 07 from 1700 onwards. The draft programme is as follows:

Saturday

1230: Meet at OM for lunch (those who want it)
1400 - 1700: Tour around LUAS and Tutor ac
1700: Reunion and meal

Sunday

0900: Breakfast
1000: Tour around LUAS and Tutor ac
1200: Depart

The programme is flexible so that we can accommodate different arrival and departure times (i.e. there are two chances to look around LUAS). I now need to start collecting names, contact details and whether you need accommodation on the Saturday night. So start spreading the word and encourage people to get back to me as this will only work if we get a decent number of ex-LUAS students to come along. The contact address is luas.reunion at btinternet.com (convert this into an e-mail address).

Cheers

:D

Bulldog69
21st Jan 2007, 21:16
Come on guys - start replying to this thread so that we can keep up the visibility.

Thanks

Oggin Aviator
21st Jan 2007, 23:02
I'm in, book me a room please Mike.

Craven Moorhed
22nd Jan 2007, 01:37
I'll be there for sure, even if it is 4500nm away !
Can I book a room please, and let Merseyside Police know i'll be back in town....:=

COME ON EVERYONE ! GET YOUR NAME DOWN ASAP.

Bulldog69
22nd Jan 2007, 22:29
Great to start hearing from people but it would be useful to get peoples details and e-mail addresses rather than just Pprune log ins (Oggin and Craven Moorhead). Please e-mail to luas.reunion at btinternet.com and I will get your names down.

Keep spreading the word.

Cheers

Phil_McCrevis
24th Jan 2007, 21:15
Sorry to steal your thread!

I'm a more recent member (2000 - 2003) and we're also meeting at the vale fri 23rd March for happy hour, followed by a night in sunny southport. Then we're looking at going into Liverpool for an all dayer on the sat. I haven't got e-mail addresses or mob numbers for everybody, but the more that can make it the better. hopefully see you in the bar!

PMc

6Z3
24th Jan 2007, 21:41
What ever happened about the full LUAS reunion that the Boss referred to a few months ago? I was '70-'73 and have some very happy memories of the Squadron back then.

Phil_McCrevis
24th Jan 2007, 21:43
That would be brilliant,

As far as i'm aware a new Boss has just taken over, so I guess there's no plans at the moment unfortunatly

Bulldog69
25th Jan 2007, 22:07
Ex-members of LUAS - there are two events planned so far:

There is a happy hour for 2000-2003 students on 23rd March.

I am planning a weekend event with a Saturday evening function on 2nd June for ex-studens of the late eighties/early nineties. I am also in communication with OC LUAS to form a formal LUAS Association. This will be officially kicked off this summer and we are looking to hold our first function (DI night) in the Autumn. The Association will also have its section on the LUAS website ( liverpooluas dot com ) so interested parties can find out out to join etc. I am looking to hear from anyone who used to be a member or connected with LUAS as I have started a distribution list and it would be great to hear from people so we can start form a decent membership of the Association.

Watch this space for more news as I have it.

3Greens
3rd Feb 2007, 13:58
I was on the mighty LUAS from 93-96. Am still in regukar contact with a few of the boys and would be very interested in a reunion/piss-up.
Nathan, beavis, collacott, ivan, welsh gareth, toby etc...

CaptainSandL
4th Feb 2007, 10:33
I was there from 85-88, three of the best years of my life. High point was definitely winning the Slash Trophy - low point was what I did to get it !!!

BTW we don’t need a LUAS Association, we already have one it is called “The SLOBS” (Society of Liverpool Old Boys). We have been meeting up every Christmas at a hotel in Liverpool, dining in night style, since the early nineties. Usually get about 20 attendees from years 84-89. I will email them this link and PM Bulldog69.

See you all there.

S&L aka CB (http://www.b737.org.uk/contact.htm)

10002level
7th Feb 2007, 09:18
I would love to attend, roster permitting.

Check your PMs

Bulldog69
18th Feb 2007, 20:28
Sounds like we have quite a few contacts out there so let's start pulling it together. I am happy to collect names and have set up an e-mail account specifically for this prestigious occasion: luas.reunion at btinternet.com (convert this in to an e-mail address).

Start passing this address on to all LUAS members around the late 80's and early 90's and encourage them to get in touch with name and details etc.

Dunhovrin
19th Feb 2007, 10:09
I take it you've asked MASUAS for permission...:)

Bulldog69
7th Mar 2007, 19:30
Right Guys,

This thread has gone quiet after lots of initial interest but I have been in touch with LUAS and the reunion is on! The main reunion event will take place on Saturday 2 Jun 07 from 1700 onwards. The draft programme is as follows:

Saturday

Sunday

The programme is flexible so that we can accommodate different arrival and departure times (i.e. there are two chances to look around LUAS). I now need to start collecting names, contact details and whether you need accommodation on the Saturday night. So start spreading the word and encourage people to get back to me as this will only work if we get a decent number of ex-LUAS students to come along. The contact address is luas.reunion at btinternet.com (convert this into an e-mail address).

Cheers

Oggin Aviator
17th Mar 2007, 00:04
How many people signed up?

purple head
17th Mar 2007, 02:27
Sounds like fun. What will you guys can talk about? Here are some suggestions:
1. Why you almost always lost the Vauxhall trophy?:}
2. Why your women were worse than the girls from Manchester?:D
3. Why did you almost always lose the boat races/drinking games in the mess?:E
4. And finally why could you guys never actually learn to fly properly?:rolleyes:

Ex-MASUAS member:ok:

olddog
17th Mar 2007, 11:26
Oggin, I find your last post lacking in taste. Refering to the deaths of 2 young people is hardly an apprpriate response to a bit of the tradditional friendly banter which has passed between the 2 excellent UASs at Woodvale for years.

When I returned to Woodvale from a detached Summer Camp immediately after another tragic incident at Woodvale, I discovered the students from both UASs in the bar comforting each other. There was no division between the Sqns at that time or during the ensuing period. Everyone at Woodvale worked together magnificently. The mutual support given by the studes of both Sqns and their bearing at the funerals of their comrades will remain in my memories always. I was proud to be OC Woodvale (and MASUAS).

Keep the banter light hearted and have a great reunion!!

Oggin Aviator
17th Mar 2007, 14:52
Agree, insensitive banter so I have deleted the post. Apologies.

Oggin

Bulldog69
31st Mar 2007, 09:30
Right Guys,

Saturday

Sunday

Cheers

MightyGem
31st Mar 2007, 13:31
Don't forget the naked run around the control tower! Always good sport on a night shift!!

212man
31st Mar 2007, 13:48
"Don't forget the naked run around the control tower! Always good sport on a night shift!!"

Reminds me of a good 'Father Abrahams (had seven sons)' night we had one night (MASUS: I think LUAS were all away sorting their perms). It was mid winter, and we had exhausted the usual possibilities (i.e. we had nowt on) so "dancing on the Meteor Tailplane" seemed like a great idea!

Some time later, with the said Meteor pointing skywards, and our skinned soles leaving blood stains around the bar, it seemed like a less good idea.

Mind you it didn't stop the next verse "and father Abraham moonied at the A565 traffic".

Glad to see the SLOBS are reminding themselves each year of how good they might have been!

Hey, CaptainSandL even gave the running commentary while I thrashed his compatriates in the Reid!

Cheers Chris:ok:

I'm delighted to include Captain SandL and Richie Barker and others amongst my peers and mates of that era, and what a great era it was.

I write this from the Changi SIA Business lounge 22 years later: what an age away it all seems now, but so recent and familiar!

rooftopartist
14th Apr 2007, 10:18
Vauxhall trophy returned home to LUAS this week!

Best of 7 sports and they went 4-2 up yesterday with one irrelevant sport left today. The victories include rugby, football, netball, and hockey!

30mRad
15th Apr 2007, 09:06
Great news Rooftopartist! The Vauxhall was always a thorny subject when I was on LUAS - we spent the time drinking and the MASUAS crowd spent the time running and exercising, although it was very satisfying when we beat them at rugby in my last year!

All those from LUAS keep passing the news about the reunion on 2 Jun!

Carrots de Chaud
15th Apr 2007, 17:19
Green and yellow?
Green drink? (Blue bols, Tia maria, Cheery Brandy and cider IIRC!)
Mach 9? (9 assorted clear shorts and milk in a pint):yuk:
Don't forget to sing our favourite song
"MASUAS wank wank wank, MASUAS wank wank wank"
Do that lot still watch Star Trek during happy hours?
I joined in '92 so just miss out. Have a good one fellas.

BTW, what ever happened to Gomez? Last I heard he had rapped his tits in after passing SAP 10 and had a paddy about going rotary and it all got rather legal and messy?

30mRad
16th Apr 2007, 18:26
Monsieur de Chaud

Although IrishSarBoy started this thread with our year it has spread beyond that and the more the merrier so get yourself down there on the 2nd June and let Bulldog69 know you're coming + let all your fellow cse mates know!

Bulldog69
25th Apr 2007, 21:48
Right Guys,

Saturday

Sunday

Cheers

Bulldog69
17th May 2007, 21:59
Right Guys,

Saturday

Sunday

Cheers

Craven Moorhed
21st May 2007, 18:56
What is the dress code for the evening dinner ?

Duncan D'Sorderlee
21st May 2007, 20:04
If your meal is in the Officers' Mess, I'd suggest that you comply with extant Mess dress regulations - if in doubt, check with the PMC: that's OC LUAS to you!

Duncs:ok:

10002level
30th Jun 2007, 16:30
Unfortunately I was unable to attend this reunion due to work, but how did the event go?

Craven Moorhed
1st Jul 2007, 00:59
Mate, it was bloody marvelous !
A good afternoon of boozing, a presentation about the current UAS System (only 10 hrs/year ??? wot a crock....), saw the tutor, more boozing in the mess, loads of 'dead ants', then off the the Scarisbrick & nightclub !
It was just like the old days, except we 'lads' now have less hair & bigger waistlines !!
Oh, and there was a decision to form an association, with Terry Wogan as Chairman, secretary, treasurer and president & press liaison.....:)

Oggin Aviator
1st Jul 2007, 02:12
......... had a bit of a headache the next day, and the drive back home was a bit of a drama - must have had a good night, shame is I can't remember much.