PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

MKY661
5th Mar 2014, 17:22
Why would Thomas cook acquire this aircraft, its 17 years old

Airbus A321-211 L/N 1006 REG F-HBAF Acquired. Due May 14 .

They have disposed of aircraft younger than this.

G-OMYJ is leaving in January which may be why :) (Also the aircraft is 15 years old) :)

Grahamy
5th Mar 2014, 17:43
So it is :ok:

It still seems odd , it must be on a very short term lease.

LiamNCL
5th Mar 2014, 19:03
in the NCL thread its been said the new A321s seating will be brought in line to match the current A321s seating

chinapattern
6th Mar 2014, 09:39
Why are Thomas Cook only applying the new Sunny Heart logo to the tails rather than repainting the whole aircraft into the new livery?

MKY661
6th Mar 2014, 09:41
Why are Thomas Cook only applying the new Sunny Heart logo to the tails rather than repainting the whole aircraft into the new livery?

If you have seen the New Thomas Cook Livery Thread, you'll have seen why :) The Sunny Heart is only a Decal, not Painted, so it is stuck over the old logo and then when aircraft are needed for paint then they will be painted in the new colours :)

TCX69
6th Mar 2014, 10:25

The old Globe tail logo was also a decal so pretty easy and quick to replace it with the new Sunny Heart logo.

CabinCrewe
6th Mar 2014, 18:10
easy and quick.... ? Have you done it ?

aiuk
12th Mar 2014, 14:07
That's really helpful!

I have been hoping to fly on this bird for a long time, maybe this winter will be one - even better if they are in the new livery by then. Any word as to when the 753's are going to get repainted? I hope that there will be a thread running like the Monarch livery one in the Spotters section :D

MKY661
12th Mar 2014, 14:30
I hope that there will be a thread running like the Monarch livery one in the Spotters section

There Is Already :):
http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/524720-new-thomas-cook-livery.html

alasdair1
12th Mar 2014, 23:49
Does anyone know the actual delivry dates for tcdd-tcdg?
Also have thomas cook airlines ordered any more a321For the uk ?anf have they ordered the 321 NEO for when it comes out in 2016/17?
Also is their a long haul evaluation to go to thea350

TCXBoi
13th Mar 2014, 10:43
Hi, alasdair1
GTCDD and GTCDE were originally planed for delivery 10th March, but Jethros has now confirmed the revised dates are 26th March and 9th April respectively.
GTCDF and GTCDG were due 10th April with a further 2 to come in November, then another 2 in March of next year. Its unlikely at this stage that they will purchase the NEO, and currently there is no word on whether they are going to be ordering any more UK based aircraft, though i'd say its highly unlikely as next year they will be looking at refreshing the long haul fleet. The A350 would personally be my choice of long haul aircraft, i'm not so sure TCX will see it that way, and will most likely stick with the A330 for now.

Thesaurus
13th Mar 2014, 11:29
TCXBoi said "GTCDD and GTCDE have already been delivered, a few days ago in fact, 10th March".

Umm, I think not.

In fact, neither of them has even flown yet!

jethro15
13th Mar 2014, 12:03
I suspect that the info was gained and misinterpreted from my site (http://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet_listings/thomas_cook_airlines_uk.htm). Delivery dates have slipped to what I was originally passed and will be amended this evening G-TCDD now due 26 Mar, G-TCDE now due 09 Apr

TCXBoi
13th Mar 2014, 14:42
Jethros, what are the new revised dates for GTCDF and GTCDG now?

Thanks for your previous post . . . i had wondered why we hadnt heard anything of GTCDD and GTCDE.

Also do you know what the WFU date is of GTCAD from BRS?

jethro15
14th Mar 2014, 09:23
Also do you know what the WFU date is of GTCAD from BRS?

Appears to be after TCX 7236 LPA - BRS 28 Apr

kieb92
28th Mar 2014, 05:44
With the schedules for summer about to start next week, do we have any idea of based aircraft for TCX at their HUB's?

TCX69
28th Mar 2014, 09:08
With the schedules for summer about to start next week, do we have any idea of based aircraft for TCX at their HUB's?

Summer season for charter airlines doesn't generally start until 01/May. This is what is based where from then.

Based
BHX: 3x 752
BFS: 1x 321
BRS: 2x 321
CWL: 1x 320*
EMA: 2x 321
GLA: 3x 752
LGW: 1x 320*, 2x 332, 3x 752, 2x 75T
MAN: 2x 321, 3x 332, 1x 752, 1x 75T (DE), 3x 76W
NCL: 1x 320*, 2x 321
STN: 2x 321

Non-Based
DSA: 1x 320*, 1x 321 (Tue)
EXT: 1x 321 (Sat)
NWI: 1x 321 (Tue)

*Leased for Summer 2014

kieb92
29th Mar 2014, 01:48
Thank you very much for your info. Very helpful

rob39
31st Mar 2014, 13:45
Hi all
Anyone recommend a good window seat on the 752 preferably in the front section??. Booked on GLA-ACE 13/11/14

alasdair1
4th Apr 2014, 01:12
Re based a/c why has gla had over 80 seats doct by not having the 75t
As loads were up whilst they were here plus alot of sold out flights for july from gla so demand is up esp on gla- turkey but will they return again??
it is a step back to 3 yr ago but even then it was 4x752 is glasgow next for a321's or the 236 seat a321 neo capacity from airbus for the neo?

alasdair1
4th Apr 2014, 01:14
Hi rob 6'7 a,b also good veiw into engines and wing i usuall take row 6

rob39
4th Apr 2014, 10:45
Booked 5 e & f

chinapattern
11th Apr 2014, 21:25
How do these one off flights to MCO from CWL and BHX operate? Do the flights position back empty to the UK and back again?

TCX69
12th Apr 2014, 16:41
How do these one off flights to MCO from CWL and BHX operate? Do the flights position back empty to the UK and back again?

They operate:

MAN-CWL TCX126P
CWL-MCO-MAN TCX126/7

LGW-BHX TCX168P
BHX-MCO-LGW TCX168/9

For the return, in reverse order.

VFR Transit
12th Apr 2014, 20:55
Hello All.

Can anyone confirm what aircraft will be operating the MAN-MCO route on the 10th May 2014??

Last time i heard it will be G-CHTZ but that was a while ago.

Would be great to crab some up to date information.

Thanks
VFR

adfly
12th Apr 2014, 21:24
I'm quite sure airlines don't release the exact aircraft operating each route on each day publicly so you probably won't know until you get to the gate. However you could look at the seat map/seat assignment page, as if it shows 8 abreast Y with no Y+ cabin then it should be the A330 with the new interior, although you won't be 100% sure until you see it at the gate since last minute swaps can happen.

janeyTA
13th Apr 2014, 07:13
Still scheduled to be G-CHTZ on the 10th. Just log into your booking to check the seating plan. You should log in regularly anyway, to check for any changes to flight times etc.

VFR Transit
13th Apr 2014, 11:42
Thanks very much indeed.

I can still see the config as 2-4-2 and was told by someone at Thomas Cook it was the new (to Thomas Cook) A330.

I just hope it does not change :-)

Thanks
VFR

alasdair1
15th Apr 2014, 18:57
Does anyone know when G-WJAN &G-FCLJ and G-JMCE arrive back from winter leases and any call signs or flight numbers they will use?

Ipaq
16th Apr 2014, 04:02
G-JMCE operates from Vaasa to LGW on 24th April as DK9356 due in at 1740
G-WJAN & G-FCLJ come back from Calgary into Manchester: ( don't know which way round) one as TCX38F on 28th April @ 2030; the other as TCX37F on 29th April at 0730

alasdair1
16th Apr 2014, 19:24
Thanks for the information

Will thomas cook get more A321-s or neos after the last 2in 2015?
also are thomas cook going for the A350or A330 in the long haul replacement and finally will the uk fleet be repainted for summer apart from the ones already painted?

AirGuru
16th Apr 2014, 20:21
It now appears that the TCX ACMI aircraft from Avion Express for CWL will be an A319.

EDIT : Confirmation has been received from Avion Express that my flight is to be operated by an A320, so a sigh of relief there. A320 at CWL as planned.

Fernanjet
23rd Apr 2014, 16:12
Are TCX/Condor flying to New York & Miami for summer 2015 from Manchester or have I misread this?

it seems strange but i'm sure I saw somewhere that they were doing these flights...

Anyone assist on this?

Fernanjet
23rd Apr 2014, 16:14
fleet being repainted as and when they are due rather than wasting money on repainting all at once

Flying.Penguin
23rd Apr 2014, 21:14
Flights from EGCC to KJFK, KBOS and KMIA now appearing on the TCX website. Different!

CabinCrewe
23rd Apr 2014, 21:30
hopefully not some funny Condor link via FRA

LAX_LHR
23rd Apr 2014, 23:05
They are appearing in the middle of the regular MAN flights and not clumped in with the condor codeshare destinations. Could be interesting.

monarchnew
24th Apr 2014, 06:49
Apparently it has been confirmed to staff that these flights are to be operated by TCX metal and crew and not DE.

Pleased to see they are trying something new.:ok:

Travel Agent
24th Apr 2014, 12:58
Just flew in from Banjul last night on the B767 and have to say the new legroom seats we had on wayout last week lead a lot to be desired, however the standard seats allow quite narrow are much better designed so you can actually get you legs in the seat area without tripping everyone up in the aisle!

ericlday
24th Apr 2014, 13:10
On a 'Travel Agent' freebie no doubt !!!

Travel Agent
24th Apr 2014, 14:19
I wish! I booked through flythomascook.com who don't pay us commission back in January as friends have a house I have been staying at for nearly 20 years!

AirGuru
25th Apr 2014, 07:49
Since TOM havent launched any long haul at all from CWL or BRS, then what are the chances that TCX may look at this ? Its a pretty large total catchment to expect to travel to London, or Birmingham.

beardy
25th Apr 2014, 11:01
There is an excellent train service to Manchester airport from South Wales. Man has the lion's share of the A330 work at the moment.

Fernanjet
25th Apr 2014, 14:03
MAN is destined to become a hub with almost all long haul going through there
flybe will be used as feeder airline

All names taken
25th Apr 2014, 16:57
All well and good but I would like to think that in parallel they will attempt to upgrade the passenger experience which is, at times, awful.

They do a lot of flying to the Caribbean (9 or 10 routes out of MAN to this region???) and miss out on a lot of the premium traffic that heads that way because they seem totally incapable of understanding what a premium offering is. There are people out there who are prepared to pay for the right product. I know a number of people who live within 30 minutes drive of MAN and prefer to get a taxi to LGW to go with Virgin or BA.
That is a hell of an indictment on what TCX offer.

I did a Caribbean trip myself with them over the Christmas period and bought what was described as Premium Economy. It was really poor, the aircraft interior looked shabby, the seat was old, battered and dirty and the IFE ancient - mine didn't even work.
The return flight was half way over the Atlantic before the pre-paid food arrived - I mean who wants to eat an 'evening meal' at '2.30am'. And we are supposed to believe that we are getting gourmet food crafted by James Martin? Think 1980s plastic tray, incinerated by microwave fare. The food arrived late because they were pratting around selling lotto tickets and the like - I started to envy my acquaintances' taxi ride at this point. Eastbound Atlantic = food, drink, lights out, sleep, breakfast, land, all accomplished as soon and as efficiently as possible.

I truly wish them all the best and I think they have a lot of potential.

They are trying some bold moves which deserve a bit of luck, but they can make their own luck by working much harder on the passenger experience.

LAX_LHR
25th Apr 2014, 17:03
The new Miami and New York flights from Manchester will be revealed when the new USA brochure comes out:

https://twitter.com/TCLeamington/status/459300793402028032/photo/1

(still shocked they have obtained JFK slots, really the last route I expected good ole' Thomas Cook to operate on a regular basis)

Fernanjet
25th Apr 2014, 17:12
All well and good but I would like to think that in parallel they will attempt to upgrade the passenger experience which is, at times, awful.

They are currently trying to reduce the number of crew on flights again I believe...cost cutting means on board service cutting means poor experience for passengers...

or will the union have them all on strike this summer.... I think they will personally

zjc123
25th Apr 2014, 22:46
Just looking at the TCX website and can see the Miami flights appearing in the flight search

Fridays
MAN 10:15 MIA 12:40 TCX830

MIA 14:10 MAN 06:00 TCX831

Sundays
MAN 10:15 MIA 12:40 TCX830

MIA 14:10 MAN 06:00 TCX 831

Flights starting Sunday 3rd May!

zjc123
25th Apr 2014, 22:50
The New York JFK Flights are also appearing in flight search

Flights Begin Saturday 2nd May

Saturday
MAN 13:20 JFK 15:40 TCX848

JFK 18:30 MAN 05:55 TCX849

Monday

Thursday

Aircraft Seat Plan:
http://s13.postimg.org/qd0e14v47/Seat_Plan.jpg

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Apr 2014, 01:54
Hmmm … Well I hope that fare comes down a bit!!! :-)

crewmeal
26th Apr 2014, 06:23
With those charges then the 'real' schedule carriers have nothing to worry about. They are still going down the route of charging for everything, low cost ideas for high cost.

For that price you could get a Business class ticket on Air China to Beijing.

LAX_LHR
26th Apr 2014, 08:32
The full fare buckets have not been loaded yet as they are waiting for allocations of seat only vs packages.

ATNotts
26th Apr 2014, 08:47
zjc123

Unless I'm mistaken, there is a big error in those flight timings on the screen dump.

When last I flew the atlantic, westbound took longer than eastbound due to the prevailing winds. On the example pasted, it takes 7:25 westbound, and 10:20 eastbound, which can't be right.

Does the return stop en route (can't see why it would) or is westbound on some type that has passed me by?

Whatever, it doesn't add up!

MANFOD
26th Apr 2014, 08:52
Yes, the MIA timings look wrong. A 2 hour later arrival and departure time for MIA would make more sense.

DomyDom
26th Apr 2014, 09:02
Great news about the MIA and JFK flights. The game changer for me tho will be whether I can book Premium Economy without having to book a Thomas Cook Cruise.

zjc123
26th Apr 2014, 09:06
Hey

I noticed the exact same as you I only took the screen print for information purposes.

You know as much as me when it comes to the information thats on the website so I cannot answer your question.

ZJC

JonnyH
26th Apr 2014, 19:29
Makes absolutely no market sense. There is just too much competition especially for NYC!

I can't see JFK lasting longer than 1 year. You can get more for cheaper with other carriers. I still think people will choose to transit via LHR with the likes of BA.

I can only think that it might be more appetising than travelling across in that terrible AA 757 on the direct MAN-JFK.

But in all seriousness, very surprised and do not think it'll last at all.

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Apr 2014, 23:53
JonnyH - You are wholly mistaken. Manchester to New York is currently served just twice daily with both rotations operated by low-capacity B752 equipment … there is far from "just too much competition". Capacity is extremely tight on the route and fares are correspondingly high (which is no doubt fine by AAL / UAL). The fact is that MAN-NYC routes have successfully supported far more capacity in the past than is currently available, and there can be little doubt that latent demand remains. Note that TCX are expected to interline with FlyBe to feed the long-haul programme from MAN, so success will not be dependent on the immediate region alone. Having said that, 14 x B752 per week plus 3 x B763 (or A332?) gives a capacity total well within historic norms for MAN-NYC. Afew punters will choose to route via LHR as you suggest (frequent flyer incentives?)… all I can say to that is they're very welcome! Give me non-stop from MAN every time.

With reference to your assertion that "you can get more for cheaper with other carriers" … well, the jury is out on that one. Be assured that the silly 'think-of-a-number' fares which appear alongside the Thomas Cook flights at the moment do not reflect the actual pricing which will apply once the full programme of tariffs is uploaded into the system. Long haul services from MAN are frequently cited as lacking premium first / business demand with the region noted instead for sourcing large volumes of leisure-orientated economy class travellers. Well, that just happens to be Thomas Cook's market niche … they will be fine. There is no shortage of demand for New York city breaks from North West England. And I do anticipate that much of the TCX capacity from MAN-JFK/MIA will in any case be sold as part of a package deal which reduces the need to attract high volumes of seat only business.

Don't worry. TCX have thought this one through.

JonnyH
27th Apr 2014, 08:47
Too much competition on the route wasn't directed at MAN itself, I know there's only them direct flights, both on the old 757s. But if you get a 45 minute hop from MAN-LON you've got LHR which has a hugely overcrowded JFK route. You might disagree but the prices are really competitive most of the time especially in comparison to the prices TCX are giving now (I appreciate these could drop).

With prices most likely going to be lower, more choices of schedules (early morning, early afternoon, early evening flights), better equipment and better onboard amenities and services I think generally most people will continue doing what they're doing now. You're right in saying a lot of people may well do breaks with them but I really don't think that will allow it to be a popular and successful route still.

Also with reductions in crew being mentioned in a couple of threads then it's hardly going to make it a great onboard experience, in my opinion. Because of this and the hefty NYC hotel prices, people may do this route once a year and realise how poor the onboard service is, which I think it will be, and never use the route again. After all, who's gonna pay more for less? Which it seems like people would be doing based at today's price. The higher cabins on BA/VS/AA are a lot more ahead of the game in comparison to TCX both in relation to comfort and service (from experience). Even at the moment the loads aren't that good on the 2 existing direct routes. Most pax will still go via LHR. And that's not just a reflection on the aircraft type they use at MAN.

They only thing that I could perhaps see working is MIA if TCX market it right and utilise the flight for cruises etc. and the popular Orlando routes.

Ringwayman
27th Apr 2014, 09:35
Even at the moment the loads aren't that good on the 2 existing direct routes

Don't know what kind of loads you are expecting but I would think AA and UA are happy enough with between 86% and 90% loads in March assuming both routes operated daily? Last August it was between 93% and 96%.

Just because you think it's poor onboard service on TCX doesn't mean that no-one will bother altering their their travel plans. Others may be perfectly happy with it and if they are used to travelling on TCX then they may choose to go with them rather than travel south to travel west.

JonnyH
27th Apr 2014, 10:02
Yeah and that's fair enough, it's my opinion. One of us will be proved wrong. My post wasn't necessarily saying poor service was the main reason. It was that you're paying more for less.

Don't know what stats you've been looking at recently either!

LAX_LHR
27th Apr 2014, 10:04
They would be the CAA stats, dear Johnny.

Or are you going to remain adamant the MAN flights are going out empty?

North West
27th Apr 2014, 10:21
Before the Manchester Defence League jumps all over the guy for daring to suggest this might be a challenging route to make money from...it's a fair question. There have been a catalogue of failures of operators on UK regions - US, including a fair number from MAN. Of course, no one doubts the demand exists, but as ever can this demand be served profitably. Even if it can be, is it more profitable than deploying the assets (the aircraft and crew) on other routes. History tells us that this is a tough market and APD increases and fuel costs have made it tougher still. If TCX have found a way to unpick this, then that's great and let's hope they have. Virgin clearly do well on the quasi-charter to Orlando so perhaps there are similarities (but many differences too I suspect).

I don't think there's anything wrong with being sceptical and reserving judgement at this stage and I would imagine it will be the default position for many industry observers.

Ian Brooks
27th Apr 2014, 10:43
Maybe I`m barking up wrong tree but a while ago wasn`t it mentioned that Thomas Cook would interline pax from Germany to US through Manchester on some routes and the reverse for pax going east

Ian

North West
27th Apr 2014, 10:54
Who would provide the feed from Germany ?

flyby1
27th Apr 2014, 11:23
I've looked on both flythomascook and Thomas cook website and nothing appears anywhere anymore regarding these flights? Every time I look at JFK it gives me indirect with Icelandair.

Ian Brooks
27th Apr 2014, 12:33
Lufthansa

Ian

LAX_LHR
27th Apr 2014, 13:47
North west,

There is sceptisism, which is fine (after all, this is a new direction for TCX so may not work), but then there is claiming MAN-NYC suffers poor loadings, which is not true in any shape or form.

Shed-on-a-Pole
27th Apr 2014, 15:10
What leaves me quite bemused in this whole debate is the crazy idea (often passing completely unchallenged) that changing flights at LHR is some kind of incidental minor inconvenience which travellers will by choice overlook in favour of an (allegedly) slightly improved cabin service. The place is a total blooming nightmare! Appalling for transfers, shocking queues, aggressive and officious security bods duplicating the job that the MAN guys have already done. Don't some of these brusque, scowling individuals realise that if we had hostile intent towards a flight … well, we've just had our chance aboard the plane we've arrived on!

LHR is a dreadful transfer experience and remains a national embarrassment, despite recent improvements. Even the basic sandwiches in the eateries are given some fancy name in order to justify a GBP10.00+ price-tag. The very idea that I would shun a MAN-JFK non-stop flight to endure that nonsense (even if they offered me a flying palace ex-LHR) simply does not compute. Money talks … but not that loud!

In case you were wondering, my most recent LHR transfer was booked by a third party (destination MIA, as it happens) and no alternative from MAN was available on my travel date. Four of the five people booked to do the same transfer as me MISSED the connecting flight ex-LHR. They arrived at destination one day later having been transferred to UAL. I made my flight by running, and courtesy of knowing my way around the place a bit having been temporarily based there many years ago. Not fun.

So, would I rather fly MAN-MIA (or JFK) aboard TCX? Do you really need me to answer that?

LAX_LHR
27th Apr 2014, 17:15
What leaves me quite bemused in this whole debate is the crazy idea (often passing completely unchallenged) that changing flights at LHR is some kind of incidental minor inconvenience which travellers will by choice overlook in
of an (allegedly) slightly improved cabin service

Hear hear Shed,

I too am bemused at the negativity about these flights (and playing devils advocate, I wonder if such negativity would have ensued if 'their' airport was to host the flights), I am now at a loss as to what exactly people want.

People bemoan lack of long haul from UK regional points, so, when such points finally get added/expanded, its somehow 'not good enough'.

BA will not base long haul in the regions again, Virgin seem happy with their current set-up at Manchester and Glasgow, so, who exactly is going to be 'good enough' to offer long haul?

When the 2 main UK long haul carriers show little interest, it is up to Thomas Cook and the likes, or being a spoke to long haul hub.

It just seems it is a never ending self loathing cycle. You want more long haul, but it seems only if the 'face' fits.......

alasdair1
28th Apr 2014, 01:26
Does anyone know when summer 15 will be loaded flights and packaged
And when they will be bookable due to tom now on sale?

Jamesair
28th Apr 2014, 10:36
I think I read 1st May somewhere for a co-ordinated release

jlake2212
28th Apr 2014, 18:21
A320 G-TCAD has now been WFU after arriving at Bristol from LPA this afternoon, aircraft has been ferried to Manchester.

A321 G-TCDC is her replacement in full New colours and has arrived at BRS this afternoon from Manchester.

JonnyH
28th Apr 2014, 20:08
Fair enough, the stats don't lie. My opinion, on the loads, was based when I used AA MAN-JFK, early last month when on staff travel. Business class was empty.

Nothing will change my opinion that JFK will be an unsuccessful new route but that will be proved/disproved soon. Money and frequency talks!

Ian Brooks
28th Apr 2014, 21:31
very rare for business class to be empty, probably around the times when eastern states were having poor weather

Ian

mart901
30th Apr 2014, 08:19
Hi just wondering does anyone know best seats for legroom on 757-200? Travel agent tells me front row has more legroom, its cheaper than exit seats - could anyone recommend? I appreciate I would have the toilet queue by my side!

beardy
30th Apr 2014, 08:46
Prices are now released:

New York from £299, Miami from £399.

I think that is competitive, isn't it?

alasdair1
30th Apr 2014, 21:48
Does anyone know when the additional 752 will arrive into glasgow tonight or early in the morning?
tcde positioned man-ncl

Also what types will be based at gla summer 2015?

MILEHIGHBOY
30th Apr 2014, 23:48
mart901

Hi just wondering does anyone know best seats for legroom on 757-200? Travel agent tells me front row has more legroom, its cheaper than exit seats - could anyone recommend? I appreciate I would have the toilet queue by my side!

I used to be Crew on this A/C type. Row 1 DEF & Row 2 ABC are Bulkhead yes (Row 1 ABC is a Toilet). You would get a little more room but its a slightly cramped/awkward area as all the Wheelchair Pax tend to get Seated In or around these Rows and also the O/H Lockers above are full to the brim of Safety & Catering equipment. Plus as you state the Toilet queue. On a TCX 752 the legroom really is not the best so if your on a flight of say 4 hours its defo worth paying for the Exit Seats at Row 11 or 31. Believe me for a Medium sector its worth every penny and a much more relaxing journey!

FRatSTN
1st May 2014, 03:23
Looks like Thomas Cook will be operating a long-haul network from Stansted from mid July until end of August 2015.

New routes are from Stansted to...

Cancun, Mexico - Sat
Las Vegas, USA - Mon
Orlando Intl, USA - Fri, Sun

Flights and Holidays for these services are already on sale!

Is very early days so fingers crossed this will eventually happen. Fantastic news for Stansted in particular as would be their first long-haul routes since Air Asia X pulled out.

VickersVicount
1st May 2014, 16:44
Think that will be due to the GLA long haul break after the Scottish school holiday peak allows a short STN series.

goldeneye
2nd May 2014, 22:46
TCX are to operate Las Vegas every week for Summer 2015.
Flights start 4 May through 31 Oct

Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-27262382)

rutankrd
2nd May 2014, 22:55
TCX are to operate Las Vegas every week for Summer 2015.
Flights start 4 May through 31 Oct

No quite as already pointed out Glasgow will not operate from the end of Scottish School holidays at the back end of July through to Mid August.
From end of July through Mid August the route is switched to operate from Stansted and to cover the English School holiday period 20th July to 17th August.

Subsequently the flight returns to Glasgow until season ends in October.

crewmeal
3rd May 2014, 05:58
Where are TCX getting all the extra long haul aircraft from?

VickersVicount
3rd May 2014, 12:47
what extra long haul aircraft ?

crewmeal
3rd May 2014, 12:56
Won't they be needing extra aircraft to operate the new routes from STN, MAN & GLA or can they utilise the current fleet?

rutankrd
3rd May 2014, 13:45
Won't they be needing extra aircraft to operate the new routes from STN, MAN & GLA or can they utilise the current fleet?

I think the answers lie in utilisation Condor and Thomas Cook Scandinavia support

And some internal consolidation.

The TCX long haul fleet will consist of 5 no A332 frames (including 1 from Scandinavia) -same as this year plus the 3 763 frames plus a number of Condor 753s.

A planned Condor 763 will be used from Manchester to Tobago on weekly basis.

I expect the bases to be

Manchester - 4
Gatwick/Glasgow/Stansted - 1 shared probably the Scandinavia plane.

Gatwick will be the net looser with few flights per week.

crewmeal
3rd May 2014, 15:48
Thanks rutankrd. Lets hope they stick to their schedules and don't have horrendous delays that have dogged the carrier last summer.

alasdair1
4th May 2014, 16:33
What aircraft will thomas cook base at gla next summer 2015?

VickersVicount
4th May 2014, 16:53
3x 757's and a part based A330

alasdair1
4th May 2014, 22:08
Thanks for that are they 753 or 752 would love the 753's back

lbalad
5th May 2014, 00:17
Just flew TCX from Man-Alc return.Outbound offered extra legroom seats for £5 each at check in.No brainer took their offer,no problems.It was a 757 300 on way out,row 25 loads of room.
Coming home this last Saturday given row 25 again but it was a 757 200 and got bog standard seat.I will never fly TCX cattle class again,people struggled to get out of their seats to go to loo due to awful legroom,what would happen in an emergency?.

VickersVicount
5th May 2014, 09:43
GLA will be 752 currently.

planenut321
5th May 2014, 10:31
Anyone know what CWL is planning to be next year? A320 leased again or A321?

Fernanjet
6th May 2014, 11:28
LBALAD - what would happen in an emergency...!?

PAX would evacuate in the 90 second limit that the aircraft is certified for with that amount of legroom

Blame the manufacturers and CAA/FAA etc....

the airline are only working within the legal limits

mart901
6th May 2014, 11:45
While I don't agree with some of the negative comments about TCX, legroom I do - I've booked extra legroom on my 757-200 flight because 4hrs like that is dreadful. I never find the A320's anywhere near so bad.
Does anyone know what aircraft have had cabin refits and whats been done? I did hear all the 757's had been done now???

MILEHIGHBOY
6th May 2014, 13:55
I dont really find the TCX Legroom an issue on a 2Hour flight to Spain etc but yes for anything over that like Canaries or Turkey i would agree its worth paying for XRM. I dont think its really that much of a difference to EZY or FR.

vodcoke
6th May 2014, 15:20
Hi Guys

can anyone be kind enough to tell me if on the older A321, does row 12 seat F have a full size window.

Cheers

Joe

vodcoke
6th May 2014, 15:52
Hi Guys

Does anyone know on the older A321 is seat number 12F have a "full size window" seat ?

Cheers

Joe

AIRPORT66
7th May 2014, 19:11
Has Thomascook finished issueing its 2015 programme just noticed that it has not included its Antalya flight from Bfs or are they going to operate it with a turkish carrier strange it always was very popular.

GAZMO
7th May 2014, 20:09
Wednesday AM slot is still free so maybe that is earmarked for Antalya
Check BFS thread

BFS BHD
7th May 2014, 20:10
Antalya, Enfidha and Mahon are all not on sale for TCX, but TCX seems to be using Jet2 for Mahon next year.:)

Curious Pax
8th May 2014, 10:01
The new MAN-JFK flights seem to be selling well in the 24 hours since they started, judging by how quickly the cheapest fares in May/June have disappeared. Still some left, but not in the Thurs/Mon combination I was considering :{ Miami also looks to be doing OK, but not going quite as fast.

Hopefully it bodes well for a successful operation.

Ian Brooks
8th May 2014, 10:15
Yes I was talking to somebody from tcx yesterday and they said New York is doing very well

Ian

LiamNCL
9th May 2014, 16:57
G-TCDF arrived this evening as TCX6114

alasdair1
14th May 2014, 07:36
When will thomas cooks full 2015 be on sale as at a hotel and spoke with them and comfirmed thomas cook and hotels4u for next year but thomas cook still not selling it as yet

Drive4it
14th May 2014, 19:13
Evening.

Were flying out next week from BHX - RHO
Would i be right in thinking the AC would be 757-200/300?
Would the AC have inflight entertainment?

Thanks
Craig

chinapattern
14th May 2014, 19:44
BHX has x3 based 757-200s. In flight entertainment is based on overhead monitors or the old fashioned TV monitor over the aisle depending on which aircraft you end up on.

LiamNCL
14th May 2014, 23:06
Good look trying to see anything on a FCL model ! Old fashioned TV in the isle

Drive4it
15th May 2014, 13:41
Thanks for replies.

Makes things easier to keep the younger ones happy.

Flew out from BHX - BJL The Gambia with TCX early last year on an old Air China AC in Thomas Cook livery with no IFE.

LiamNCL
15th May 2014, 15:58
That would of been TCBB or TCBC (Egypt coral reef livery) I think they have no IFE

anthbower1234
15th May 2014, 21:40
When is DZ due?

NickBarnes
16th May 2014, 06:30
It arrived at Manchester on the 14th May from Sofia I believe :ok:

Ian Brooks
16th May 2014, 06:43
Didn`t think it had arrived in Manchester yet but may be wrong, G-TCDF and G have arrived

Ian

NickBarnes
16th May 2014, 06:47
Yeh Ian you might be right, just heard from a few people it came in on Wednesday

alasdair1
16th May 2014, 08:21
spoke with the captain and first officer on.my flight from glasgow and they think A321's will be based next summer can anyone confirm?

LiamNCL
16th May 2014, 15:30
With another 2 A321s due next year , I would be suprised if GLA or BHX wernt the next base to go A321 like NCL

bhx bod
16th May 2014, 16:14
According to colleagues TCX will be an A321 operation from this coming winter.
However nobody seems to know how many aircraft this will involve.The winter ops that have just finished saw a single 752 based.This summer sees 3 752s based.A 321s have been used on a number of weekly flights,I think to Enfidha,but not 100% sure on that.:ok:

LiamNCL
16th May 2014, 17:51
I think BHX will be all A321s by next summer , GLA might get one more year as a 757 base but I wouldnt be suprised if GLA went A321 too and that just left MAN and LGW with them for extra capacity.

alasdair1
17th May 2014, 07:07
Thanks folks for that i would love the a321 at gla but capacity is high at gla so 753 was used for 3/4years all full so either 753 or 4a321s

GrahamK
17th May 2014, 07:50
GLA getting a based A330 next summer alongside the narrowbodies

alasdair1
17th May 2014, 08:43
Hopefully more capacity on turkey as seems a top seller

BFS BHD
20th May 2014, 19:46
Has G-TCDZ been delivered yet? :)

BFS BHD
23rd May 2014, 18:58
I think G-TCDZ as just landed at MAN as TCX761P from Sofia (SOF) :)

alasdair1
25th May 2014, 15:32
Does tcdz have 220 seats or 215?

Also are any wfu dates for the 757's and delivery dates for rhe next a321deliveries?

nsthee
25th May 2014, 22:51
Flight to Zante overbooked by 62 people today. Or smaller plane used. Or crew gone sick, depending on which lie you believe . Due to fly at 1300, still not gone yet.
Customer service the pits.

Cloud1
25th May 2014, 23:40
Have to say after my TCX experience I would be in no hurry going with them again

62 seems an awful lot - either booked to a A321 and a A320 is operating or there has been a big error somewhere

EGAC is Better
25th May 2014, 23:46
Looks like BRS-ZTH was operated today by a 148 seat, B733 (LY-SPE) of Small Planet Airlines instead of a 215 or 220 seat A321. If you were told a smaller plane was used, that was the truth.

nsthee
26th May 2014, 00:00
Queued for hour at check in, as flight getting closer they told us to go to desk 44, which was closed. Promised several times it would open soon. Eventually told us smaller plane used, but no reason why. Bussed us to Gatwick, driver said he was called at 8
Why make us q for an hour knowing we weren't going. Oh, and then all the TCX staff disappeared.
Nobody around at all, left to a policeman to tell us where to go
Told we would fly at 11, then 1.40, now it's 2.55

MILEHIGHBOY
26th May 2014, 00:37
Must be waiting for the B753 G-JMAB to land from NBE. Aircraft Swap to accomm the BRS overspill Pax. Hence the 3 Hour Delay.

As for the inbound Pax ZTH-BRS, they are planned to arrive back @ 13:00 by Road from LGW.

nsthee
26th May 2014, 01:08
I accept things go wrong, but they must have asked us 4 times if we were flying TCX while we were in Q. Why not pull us to one side and tell us the truth ?
They knew the problem all the time we queued.
Was chaos at brs and people evil on the bus.
To be fair, they put us in hotel for a few hours,but told us to check in by 10.30.
Why ? When they knew flight not going till 2.55

Tigger4Me
26th May 2014, 09:34
You have suffered a terrible experience and I feel for you. It's not the way that you would wish to start your holiday.

To put a little balance on the subject though, I have to say that TC treated us very well when we had a delay on our flight to Mexico a couple of years ago. The staff were open and up front with us from the moment we checked in at LGW, right through to in flight announcements from the flight deck on our rescheduled flight following a coach journey to BHX.

Perhaps things have gone down hill for TC Customer Service since then. If that is the case they should remember that, despite all the tour operator failures, we still have a choice of where to spend our pennies.

I hope that you can put the poor start behind you and get on with enjoying your time in the sun.

MILEHIGHBOY
26th May 2014, 14:12
Problems continue today:

TCX7816/7 BRS-BJV-BRS

Currently delayed 5 Hours.

JonnyH
26th May 2014, 17:02
I'm quite surprised they didn't just delay it longer and sub/lease another aircraft in rather than lease a smaller aircraft and transfer the rest of pax by road - even though it would have probably increased the delay. Ofc TCX will know the reasons why but still is clearly the logical and most economical thing to do.

Never good to hear a bad experience like this but seems to be getting more and more common, I think a bit more honesty and transparency is needed!

Hope you've arrived.

Jonny.

MILEHIGHBOY
26th May 2014, 18:37
G-JMCD B752 Just arrived into BRS to operate BJV Rotation.

Orion Man
26th May 2014, 21:50
Heard a rumour they'd run out of pilots, hence the sub charter.

Regards

Orion Man

nsthee
27th May 2014, 15:12
Finally left at 03.10 on 757.
Captain apologised and said an earlier flight had an emergency medical diversion .. another lie ..???
Surely the flight would have continued to brs, and just been late ?

Anyway, it,a around 30 C and beer is cold and I,m sitting on the balcony with a lovely view the rest can wait till we get home

EGAC is Better
27th May 2014, 16:04
Nstee, glad you made it and are now enjoying some sun, albeit a little later than expected. Perhaps the Gatwick based 757 was running a little late and that's what the Captain referred to? Anyway, hope you enjoy your holiday!

On another note, G-POWH of Titan currently heading in the general direction of BFS as TCX800P. Anyone any info why? If Orion Man's sources are correct, maybe a temporary wet lease of a 757 to free up some BFS Airbus crew to operate out of BRS?

deepknight
27th May 2014, 16:36
Medical emergency - another lie? Actually, it was the truth. A diversion into GVA, sadly because of a fatality on board. Feel better now?

LiamNCL
27th May 2014, 17:33
Puts things into perspective , No one likes delays but these charter airliners are maxed out almost at this time in the summer and any incident causes notible delays ! Just enjoy your holiday :ok:

Turbine1
27th May 2014, 20:55
Nstee, another lie....... I can confirm that the medical emergency was just that, as I was one of the pilots flying that particular aircraft that night.
Divert GVA whilst en-route to LGW
enjoy you're 30' on the sun...Maybe next time wait for the facts before making snide comments.

Cloud1
27th May 2014, 21:06
Come on guys and girls, let's not start attacking Nstee - how was he or she to know what the truth was having spent hours at the airport with little to no information. It is very sad but these things happen - people die on aircraft and all Bristol airport staff had to say was that there had been an issue.

It doesn't explain why the Small Planet aircraft was used though. The Bristol to Zante is operated by a Bristol aircraft so actually I would question whether the diversion on a flight GVA to LGW was the ultimate cause of the horrendous delay.

True Blue
27th May 2014, 21:12
The main issue is that most airlines tend to be very scarce on info and the truth when things go wrong. So many pax now make quite an instant decision that they are being misled/lied to/led up the garden path. Airlines have only themselves to blame even when the reason is outside their control.

TB

EGAC is Better
27th May 2014, 22:34
It doesn't explain why the Small Planet aircraft was used though. The Bristol to Zante is operated by a Bristol aircraft so actually I would question whether the diversion on a flight GVA to LGW was the ultimate cause of the horrendous delay.

First and foremost, condolences to those who have lost a loved one.

Also don't forget the GLA based 757 operated to BJV the following day. Clearly having some issues as the schedule is ramped up for summer. See milehighboy's post below which may explain why the medical emergency has been mentioned.

BRS has been operating with brand new A321's for a few weeks now. I wouldn't expect fresh from the factory machines to have tech issues this early in their lives. Happy to be corrected but again there may be something in what Orion Man mentioned earlier. I'm sure it'll all be ironed out soon, these issues can happen at this time of year when charter airlines push to the limit crews and airframes to utilise every available hour in the air as destinations begin the seasonal swap.

Just be thankful to the people at the cold face like Turbine1 who do their best to deliver us on time and safely to our destination. Never forget they have lives and homes to get back to at the end of their shifts, delays frustrate crew as much as they do passengers!

Cloud1
27th May 2014, 22:50
Just be thankful to the people at the cold face like Turbine1 who do their best to deliver us on time and safely to our destination. Never forget they have lives and homes to get back to at the end of their shifts, delays frustrate crew as much as they do passengers!

No-one said it was a ride in the park for crew but the big difference is crew haven't forked out hundreds of pounds for the flights, and indeed they will get flight pay and disruption pay. So whilst it's an inconvenience it's also more pounds in their pockets.

I think we are digressing from the original point that ground crew should be empowered to give more valuable information during disruption.

beardy
27th May 2014, 22:59
This is outrageous Claude1, please retract your cynical, insulting and untrue comments:

No-one said it was a ride in the park for crew but the big difference is crew haven't forked out hundreds of pounds for the flights, and indeed they will get flight pay and disruption pay. So whilst it's an inconvenience it's also more pounds in their pockets.

david1994
27th May 2014, 23:22
I would like to confirm as crew myself we get flight pay which is about £35 a flight so £70 return sector we do NOT get distribution payments if your delayed we are and we do not get paid for delays

Cloud1
28th May 2014, 06:12
Beardy - quite frankly I think it is insulting that you can compare the inconvenience, frustration and financial penalties that passengers face with crew who are doing their job. I acknowledge that it is frustrating for them too but I stand by my comment - passengers pay hundreds of pounds for flights and holidays and unless they have a good argument for European legislation (something that airlines will often argue is not payable) charter airlines simply do not cut mustard when it comes to looking after passengers during delays.

I am not retracting anything. A number of airlines will pay disruption pay to their crew as part of their legal contract. If Thomas cook don't well I cannot comment. But it's like any job - I am paid to be flexible in my line if work and I don't have the same legislated working hours which if I go over I am immediately grounded.

Comparing disruption for crew and that for passengers is in my opinion like comparing apples and oranges. Simple as that

macdo
28th May 2014, 06:26
EGAC IS BETTER
What a nice post, thank you.

People rarely appreciate that delays are often as bad or worse for crew as they are for pax. I appreciate that we are not the paying customer and it is not our holiday being degraded. But, I'd far rather avoid the extra £4/hr duty pay that I'd pick up on a delayed flight.

I have always found that telling the pax the absolute truth makes them calm and reasonable. Unfortunately, the recent Euro laws regarding delay compensation has encouraged airlines to be very economical with the truth, so as to avoid the enormous cost liability of a delay. The above posts demonstrate that. One or two of them are nearly correct!

However, it has to be said, if airlines had been better at dealing with customers and delays in the first place, the Euro laws probably would not have been needed.

beardy
28th May 2014, 08:31
Cloud1
I did not compare passenger and crew frustration, you did. Then you say there is no comparison (apples and oranges.)

Crew too become deeply frustrated when things go wrong, which is not as rare as they would like it to be. As stated elsewhere Thomas Cook do not pay their crew disruption pay, there is no benefit, financial or otherwise, in delays, as you imply, which is what I considered to be outrageous. Crew are there principally for your safety, service is an added benefit; crew duty hours are there to ensure that they will be sufficiently alert to cope with any emergency at the end of their shift and were not decided by the crew nor the company, there is a limited amount of discretion to extend crew duty hour limits. The crew most of all want people to enjoy their holidays, but at times they are hampered by events and the law.

I would ask you to compare how charter airlines looked after their customers during the problems with volcanic ash with how scheduled airlines coped. The charters accommodated holidaymakers in resort for over 2 weeks at no cost to the passenger.

I am sorry that your holiday was disrupted, really I am. Please do not blame the crew, they do not want delays, it is not their fault; moreover they do not have the same opportunities to vent their frustrations as you do, nor do they have the same recourse to the law nor travel insurance.

EGAC is Better
28th May 2014, 11:13

I think we are digressing from the original point that ground crew should be empowered to give more valuable information during disruption.

I see the point in terms of paying for a service that didn't work out as expected. Nsthee has been on the wrong end of a bad experience and should be compensated for the same.

I am not defending TCX here, I am not employed by them or anyone in the industry. I am an interested observer who always dreamt of a forward facing office at the front of a composite tube, high in the sky and trying to be objectively reasonable.

When I mentioned crew I wasn't entirely clear that I meant flight deck, cabin and ground. In this case it seems communication was poor but lets not forget that a replacement aircraft was found and did deliver most pax without a massive delay. Crew also have a right to be upset when they have to deal with grumpy pax when they too have had their plans thrown in the air.

In terms of empowering ground staff, in principle I agree. From a business perspective I can also see why that wouldn't be wise due to compensation requirements for delays which can be deemed within the control of the airline. In life customers demand cheaper holidays and share holders demand greater profit margins, the reality of trying to achieve both means that use customers sometimes get left high and dry. The result is that a few unfortunate souls are left picking up the pieces and generally get no thanks.

nsthee
28th May 2014, 15:28
Deepknight ... I,ll ignore

Turbine 1.. the announcement led me to believe the brs flight was diverted, not the lgw flight. I am sorry if there was a death, and it does put things in perspective.

But please remember we had been messed about big time most of the day. I still don,t think we have found out the real reason for the brs delay.
If you read my other posts you will see my main complaint is the way things were handled in brs, and I still think we were lied to several times. It must have cost a lot of money to put this right, but the main thing tcx could have done a lot better wouldn,t have cost a penny.
Just a bit of honesty in brs.

leisurelad
28th May 2014, 16:13
Having worked on the front line for quite a few years as rep and then as duty manager, one of the biggest things that can make or break a situation is communication.
My phone was often like the BT exchange during these types of events and quite often if ops where trying to swap things about, what was told 10mins ago had now changed.
Its a tricky one sometimes but no matter how bad the situation is, as a rep or duty manager, you have to take it. If it's handled correctly from the start with honest information then you can have the plane eating out of your hand, mess it up and they can be your worst enemy.
If you're there, no matter what time of day and no matter how long for and people can see you are trying to help, give information, be supportive, empathetic but also firm and to try an explain the situation, this is what makes the difference.
Had many delays in the past with one pig of a summer once, 3 hotac's one after the other but always, we were there and communication is key. To send 300 ibiza pax into a hotel with a 24hr delay is no easy task but didn't hear a peep out of them. Again, it's all down to the individual / team and doing what you can.

macdo
28th May 2014, 16:21
nsthee,
from my (wide) experience of airport delays, the chances are that you were not lied to. Customer Service Agents are rarely told enough or at all when a delay happens that is more complex than a late inbound flight. In some ways that makes sense as the reasons, sometimes, are outlandishly complex. I remember only to clearly standing in front of 300 irate pax in Cyprus to explain why a technical problem in Calgary, 36 hrs before, had caused them a 10hr delay. Frankly, the sequence of events, that included multiple a/c swops and FTL issues, largely went over their heads, but it was a comprehensive explanation and they were satisfied that they weren't being lied to.
You are possibly looking towards the EU compo to make up for your inconvenience, TCX, no doubt, were thinking that at the time of the delay. 6 figure delay claims (for a whole a/c) are the last thing likely to make any Euro airline want to be free with the facts. Hence, your CSA at BRS, probably knew little, and (i have seen this) under the intimidating circumstance of a planeful of irate pax, probably made a confused mishmash of the facts to keep the peace!
I am sorry you had a delay, its never a nice start/finish to a holiday, my advice would be to go directly to the CEO of TC Group.

Funderblaster
28th May 2014, 18:14
Disruption pay ?!!! I wish !:D:D

SCANDIC
28th May 2014, 21:42
Anybody know where FCLD is going to, sat outside air livery hangar at Man.

alasdair1
30th May 2014, 00:43
Does anyone know if any 752/300 are leaving this winter and if so and wfu dates if possible?

also are thair any more a321's due for the uk fleet apart from the 2on order for 2015?

also are thair any additions to the long haul fleet 2015 ie new a/c or any new long haul a/c on.order?

OntimeexceptACARS
30th May 2014, 23:11
Alasdair I think your query might be better in Spotters Corner, but AFAIK there are no plans to add to the TCX long haul fleet anytime soon. Remember they can use capacity from VKG and CFG if available.

According to ATDB, four A321s due between Nov 2014 and Feb 2015 will not be taken up. They also have G-JMCD/E leaving the fleet in spring 2015.

Things change though.

Waldo1
30th May 2014, 23:58
How patronising....

CabinCrewe
31st May 2014, 09:16
not patronising at all, too many of these sorts of threads that are best dealt with on spotter/holiday forums. Most of which will not find answers in here anyway- ie which specific aircraft will be operating a specific route in 2015...

MILEHIGHBOY
31st May 2014, 12:26
TCX7294/5 BRS-NBE-BRS Delayed over 8 Hours.

Must be the weekend again!

I would have thought with all the New A/C things would have improved for MT!

Does anyone know whats going on?!

OntimeexceptACARS
31st May 2014, 13:16
Thanks CC, and Waldo, can't see how? I answered the poster's question to the best of my knowledge.

MILEHIGHBOY
31st May 2014, 14:31
Ops by HV PH-HZG B738.

Orion Man
31st May 2014, 14:38
Lack of pilots again I'm hearing.

alasdair1
31st May 2014, 17:03
Thanks for the assistance i have a big interestv intcx fleet wise
And you are very helpfull
Finally do you know if gla will become a321bound as a base

kieb92
1st Jun 2014, 00:52
Today Thomas Cook has several aircraft on lease (some previously reported)

EC-LRA Vueling A320
9H-MTF Multiflight 737-300
PH-HZG Transavia 737-800W
I-NEOS Neos 737-800W
OY-GRN Air Greenland A330-200

Does anyone know when G-DAJC will be back? Been out of service for over a month now since the end of April.

Waldo1
1st Jun 2014, 12:23
This is the airline, airports and routes forum, the fella asked some questions about the airline...it would just have been more professional to just answer and move on...

FRatSTN
1st Jun 2014, 15:57
Seemed to be more TCX aircraft than usual at East Midlands Airport today from around 13:00 or 14:00. There were at least 3, maybe 4 on the ground at once.

The 05:40 departure to Enfidha finally took off at 15:10. the Larnaca and Lanzarote flights this afternoon both left pretty much on time. I'm guessing there was a bit of aircraft repositioning going on so not sure which two aircraft are based at EMA now?

alasdair1
2nd Jun 2014, 00:07
Tcdz was arround today with niko unsure of the other but niko now back in man aftet positioning from ema

El Bunto
2nd Jun 2014, 04:37
NI punter incorrectly charged APD for Belfast - Orlando flights with Thomas Cook. Quite a whack of money given that there are seven in the family.

BBC News - Air Passenger Duty: NI passenger charged non-existent tax (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27648003)

As far as I recall they only fly that service once per year ( in July? ).

alasdair1
2nd Jun 2014, 07:20
Ema based today is tcdz &tcdb
Does anyone know why zapx is opps for tcx also ec-hds opp brs-cfu

MILEHIGHBOY
2nd Jun 2014, 09:54
EC-HDS is Privilege Style.

I presume G-POWD is the Titan ops BRS-IBZ-PMI-BRS for yesterday mornings Pax.

JonnyH
2nd Jun 2014, 17:06
I thought G-ZAPX had been operating for Jet2 in recent weeks? Might be wrong though.

FFHKG
2nd Jun 2014, 18:28
G-ZAPX has operated as LS273 for Jet2 from LBA to ALC this afternoon

Grahamy
2nd Jun 2014, 20:04
Back from our holidays yesterday NCL-KGS-NCL outbound on G-TCDD inbound on G-TCDF, outbound we departed on time and arrived early and inbound we departed nearly 15 mins early and arrived 45 mins early . in flight meals are much improved and the legroom , well last time i used TC my knees were hitting the seat in front and this time i had nearly 2 inches of space. The new A321 also have in flight entertainment , which is a bonus, as i hated flights without it.
So overall a much improved experience from Thomas Cook .

crewmeal
3rd Jun 2014, 14:53
Certainly not TC's week.

Holidaymakers stranded at Bristol airport for 36 HOURS after Thomas Cook delays flights due to 'crew shortages' | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2647290/Thomas-Cook-apologises-customers-flights-Majorca-delayed-36-HOURS.html)

MILEHIGHBOY
3rd Jun 2014, 22:36
Brace yourselves for yet another day of TCX chaos tomorrow! Aircraft from EMA & STN are stuck in CHQ as unable to land @ HER due high winds! Pax being bussed inbetween.

TSR2
3rd Jun 2014, 23:09
Brace yourselves for yet another day of TCX chaos tomorrow! Aircraft from EMA & STN are stuck in CHQ as unable to land @ HER due high winds! Pax being bussed inbetween.

The TCX flight from HER is due in EMA 20mins late.

sam1993
3rd Jun 2014, 23:13
Hardly the chaos you speak of MILEHIGHBOY; both flights due back within an hour of their original arrival times!

alasdair1
4th Jun 2014, 01:40
Hi folks g-tcbb just positioned up with lj in dlm around 4hrs late

Any one aware of what caused the delay of tcx3714gla-dlm ??

Orion Man
4th Jun 2014, 01:42
Lack of A321 pilots qualified early enough for the start of the summer my mate at TCX tells me due to conversions from the Boeing.

Regards

Orion Man

MILEHIGHBOY
4th Jun 2014, 09:57
Was merely a Heads Up! Calm down pickle.

JonnyH
6th Jun 2014, 14:14
EC-HDS has positioned into NCL to do the TFS rotation for TCX. Any reason? Doesn't seem like any issues tech wise for the A321. Crew shortage again?

SFCC
6th Jun 2014, 19:24
Desperate crew shortage. Something in the order of 70 pilots down starting the summer.
Allegedly

alasdair1
7th Jun 2014, 02:24
What airports are effected by the shortages?
Finally is glasgow planned to be a airbus base in or after 2016?

SCANDIC
7th Jun 2014, 21:03
Anyone know where FCLD is heading for next.

LiamNCL
7th Jun 2014, 23:12
EC-HDS Privilege Style was working out of NCL again today for TCX on the Larnaca rotation , Anyone know how long its here for

SWBKCB
8th Jun 2014, 06:42
Departed back to MAD in the early hours, G-ZAPX arrived last night using a TCX call sign and op the TCX NBE this morning.

Appears to be the same pilot shortage as elsewhere as both based 321's where flying yesterday and the day before. Anybody confirm?

JonnyH
8th Jun 2014, 11:24
It must be a pilot shortage as one of the A321s was still at the airport when we arrived early Saturday morning and the other one was en route.

Personally, I find it ridiculous to order these new aircraft and not have enough crew to operate them!! BRS also has seen delays again in recent days.

TSR2
8th Jun 2014, 13:22
Are TCX addressing the apparent problem of crew shortage?

LiamNCL
8th Jun 2014, 14:23
G-ZAPX Now doing NCL - KGS which means only 1 A321 used today

HH6702
8th Jun 2014, 20:07
If everything runs normal then this wouldn't happen but in the real world thinks break and everything is done to a budget!!

I believe that that the flight sim near gatwick was out of action for around 2 weeks earlier in the year so that lead to delays in retraining the crews from 757 to airbus.

Its a simple case of costs and it looks like tcx tried to start training late in the winter rather than end of last summer.

Hopefully for glasgow next year they will start the training end of summer and not wait until 2015 to start.

LiamNCL
8th Jun 2014, 20:16
Their leasing total will be a nice amount by the end of the summer

alasdair1
8th Jun 2014, 23:48
Just reading a post thair about staff is the a321confirmed for.2016for gla to be a airbus base

alasdair1
9th Jun 2014, 16:56
Summer 15will be 752 as im booked on this

Anyone know 2016 ?

Mr Angry from Purley
9th Jun 2014, 17:57
Anyone know where FCLD is heading for next.

Scandic - China for freighter conversion for onwards to Blue Dart Airlines of India (DHL) :\

JonnyH
9th Jun 2014, 18:17
If everything runs normal then this wouldn't happen but in the real world thinks break and everything is done to a budget!!

I believe that that the flight sim near gatwick was out of action for around 2 weeks earlier in the year so that lead to delays in retraining the crews from 757 to airbus.

Its a simple case of costs and it looks like tcx tried to start training late in the winter rather than end of last summer.

Hopefully for glasgow next year they will start the training end of summer and not wait until 2015 to start.

Everything is done on a budget these days and that's understandable especially with the financial troubles TCX have had over the last few years.

But surely, if you're saying it's a simple issue of costs, this is costing them dearly. I would take a good educated guess that this will be costing them a lot more than not training them as scheduled. Having brand new A321s on the ground, leased aircraft coming into operate these routes and having long, long delays (especially at BRS) cannot be coming cheap! Could they not have accessed other training sources whilst this was out of order or does training need to be done via "approved" sources so to speak?

Let's hope it all gets sorted with summer coming into full swing. I'm really happy to see these new A321s at NCL but it's not good seeing them on the Tarmac for quite long periods.

kieb92
19th Jun 2014, 02:34
According to Jethros, all 3 TCX 767-300 to transfer permanantly to Condor so will leave the TCX fleet. Can anyone confirm or indeed whether they will be still Manchester based for 2015 operating as Condor?

adfly
19th Jun 2014, 10:40
I guess if they pick up a couple for A330's it makes more sense for TCX to be all A330 for widebody's and for DE to be all 767.

Funderblaster
19th Jun 2014, 16:53
Same as the last few winters, the 767's go to Condor for the Winter and back to TCX UK for the summer.

MKY661
19th Jun 2014, 16:56
Same as the last few winters, the 767's go to Condor for the Winter and back to TCX UK for the summer.

So I assume then the 767's will be German registered for summer 2015 then, but still operate flights out the UK? :)

Travel Agent
19th Jun 2014, 18:50
Do or rather did all the 767's leave the fleet in the winter as for the past five or six years I have been on one when I travel to Gambia?

Turbine1
19th Jun 2014, 21:59
767-300 will be G Reg for the winter and summer as per the last couple of years.

kieb92
20th Jun 2014, 02:07
According to the post on jethros, the 767-300 will be permanantly transferred to Condor from the end of Summer 2014 and NOT return to TCX for 2015 as has happened on previous winters.

Funderblaster
20th Jun 2014, 06:37
Not the case, as above, they will remain on G reg and back in the UK for summer as planned to operate some UK long haul as well the short haul program.

adfly
20th Jun 2014, 22:51
Will there be any upgrades to the 767's if they are being used for longhaul as anything other than a last resort/backup? 328 seats in 8 abreast and no ife cannot be a pleasant place to be for 9 hours+, especially when compared to both their own A330's and the Thomson 787's.

SJL26779
23rd Jun 2014, 14:35
Does anyone know the reason for this mornings Thomas Cook flight to Cancun returning to Gatwick?

Funderblaster
23rd Jun 2014, 19:20
Can only think it was medical as it wasn't on the ground long before it took off again ! :ok:

GrahamK
24th Jun 2014, 10:01
TCX leasing an Air Tanker A332 from 1st May 2015 for 3 years announced this morning

jethro15
24th Jun 2014, 10:47
TCX leasing an Air Tanker A332 from 1st May 2015 for 3 years
Full details here (http://www.airtanker.co.uk/news-centre/news-item/2014/06/24/airtanker-and-thomas-cook-airlines-agree-landmark-civil-leasing-deal)

paully
24th Jun 2014, 15:52
This shower were recently tasked to take a detachment to a Nato exercise in Turkey but couldnt find an aircraft..Either from core or surge, so in terms of the MOD deal they had to pay to fly them all back and forth on scheduled civvy flights...not cheap :D

Good luck to TCX they might yet need it

iko wapi choo
24th Jun 2014, 20:52
What a bizarre statement. Voyager is tasked by the MoD, they control where they want the aircraft to go, so one would assume this planning activity takes place some weeks before the flight, after of couse the MoD are appraised of the aircraft available. With the limited Voyagers (is it 8?) at the moment, it;s fair to assume they can't be everywhere at the same time, there being the need to charter in until the full A330 fleet is available. Who'flying the TCX aircraft? Air Tanker crew or TCX? Scheduled, regular flights I'd imagine? Aircraft allocated, crew allocated... no problem

paully
24th Jun 2014, 21:01
Whats bizarre about a statement of what happened???...why no one knows but they had to pay the bill...MOD tasked them and they couldnt do it...

iko wapi choo
24th Jun 2014, 22:02
WOW! it was such a balls up that the MoD were just lucky enough to book airline seats for a whole det the day before they were due to fly.... er, no... block seat booking with an airline = pre planned. The MoD have a copy of available aircraft. The MoD look at the flight requirements and select wether to use Voyager or Charter in based on aircraft available. This process happens months in advance. If you're saying Voyager couldnt deliver, I suspect it was a last minute task and the 8 aircraft were all busy on other tasks, as determined by DSCOM. Otherwise, the charter/seat bookings would have been pre planned by the controlling authority (cost is also considered, a whole aircraft or a few seats). Air Tanker have litte control about where they fly to, it's all decided by the MoD and Air Tanker offer whats available. If it was a c*ck up, 99% it would be an MoD c*ck up for not checking the availability against requirement. (yeah, I did spend 10 years at Abbey Wood doing this way before Voyager was on the cards)

SCANDIC
6th Jul 2014, 16:09
Where will JMCD and E end up next year, with DHL. FED EX.

kieb92
7th Jul 2014, 04:46
All 3 Thomas Cook 767's to go to Condor permanently the end of summer 2014 - now confirmed:

Thomas Cook Airlines to retire last three B767s this summer - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/29363-thomas-cook-airlines-to-retire-last-three-b767s-this-summer)

SCANDIC
7th Jul 2014, 11:41
Looks like their only doing their winter lease but with all 3 this time.

deepknight
7th Jul 2014, 17:06
All part of the intra-group movement. The 767s will operate for Condor in the winter, probably mostly crewed by TCX UK pilots. They are not being "retired".

SCANDIC
7th Jul 2014, 19:54
Get a few more years out of them yet.

kieb92
7th Jul 2014, 23:22
Yes but the point is that they are not returning to TCX for Summer 2015. They will be permanently with Condor from Winter 2014/15 onwards.

Waldo1
7th Jul 2014, 23:26
U need to re read the article...esp the bit where it says they will return to the uk for s15....

kieb92
8th Jul 2014, 00:52
Well I apologsie for that, just the word 'permanently' suggests that they will not return to MAN for 2015 but they evidently are according to the article. Maybe they will operate from Manchester for summer 2015 on behalf on Condor? Has been suggested that Condor want a bigger MAN operation than 1 757 as per this summer.

Travel Agent
8th Jul 2014, 06:13
Sorry if it's just me, but I have read, re-read and read the article again and cannot see the word 'permanently'?

AirGuru
8th Jul 2014, 08:33
Has anyone flown on the CWL based LY-VEN yet ? If so, what is the interior like ? Always a dubious one when it comes to travelling on different aircraft ...

yeo valley
8th Jul 2014, 13:48
the interior i would hope would be of a 320 design.

AirGuru
8th Jul 2014, 14:06
I was more after the cosmetic appearance of the interior, i.e. New leather, or old Fabric seating ?

crackling jet
8th Jul 2014, 15:10
going to look at it tonight at CWL , let you know.

Waldo1
8th Jul 2014, 19:30
I was thinking the same....
Thomas Cook Airlines UK (MT, Manchester Int'l) will transfer its last three remaining B767-300(ER)s - G-DAJC (msn 27206), G-TCCA (msn 27205), and G-TCCB (msn 28865) - to fellow Thomas Cook Group partner, Condor (DE, Frankfurt Int'l), at the end of the current summer season with the aircraft scheduled to operate for the German sister carrier all winter. Condor had previously already wet-leased two B767s from Thomas Cook Airlines UK and will use all three aircraft during the next winter season. According to Condor's Head of Communications, Johannes Winter, the aircraft will however return to the United Kingdom again for summer 2015.

As it currently stands, the British scheduled carrier's fleet will consist of three A320-200s, eleven A321-200s, five A330-200s, ten B757-200s, and two B757-300s.

Funderblaster
8th Jul 2014, 20:41
The TCX UK 767's have a different door config to the Condor ones that dont fit the Condor 3 class interior.
As has been said many times the 767's will operate for Condor in the winter & TCX in the Summer. :ugh:

LiamNCL
9th Jul 2014, 08:33
I have had a email off thomas cook saying the flight im on (1st October) to SSH is an hour longer ! Anyone know why ? Seems like fuel stop but its currently not fuel stopping and hasnt all summer

anthbower1234
9th Jul 2014, 16:02
Paste the mail LiamNCL I hope its not a pick up at say BHX like a few summers ago! Im coming back on it 7th Oct.

LiamNCL
9th Jul 2014, 16:36
I will get a hold of it off my sister she has the mail , I tweeted TCX and they say due to disruption of the fleet it has had a nock on effect but hasnt answered why this will take an extra hour ! I have also tried a dummy booking a week after i fly and those seats are still restricted on the A321 so a fuel stop doesnt make sense

LiamNCL
9th Jul 2014, 16:57
Ive got the email , The info is in an attatchment so i have cut the time change bit as a picture.

http://tinypic.com/r/13zv3ms/8

SWBKCB
9th Jul 2014, 18:14
But the flight back takes 1hr less??

anthbower1234
9th Jul 2014, 19:47
Ive just checked my last booking for May same flight and a week prior got a letter saying they had changed my flight! On checking everything the same turned out it was seating plan as based on 220 seats not 215 DF/DD ( I did have to tell the women on the phone TBH! #geek I wouldnt worry. Im on same flight out as you LiamNCL and trust me flight was awesome both ways

LiamNCL
9th Jul 2014, 20:28
I have done a dummy booking for the end of July and the new times apply so i dont think anything at all changes , Im on the flight a week after the booking is in my sisters name so you will be on their flight to SSH lol , Im on the return flight 8th of october though :ok:

fl dutchman
9th Jul 2014, 20:41
Pleased you got your times sorted. Just a couple of points, the two based 321s at NCL currently (DD&DF) have I believe 220 seats as have all the TCX 321s. Apparently the original 215 seat configurations for the new aircraft was changed. Perhaps someone could confirm this.
Also are the blocked out seats on the seat map not for seats being used by another Tour operator as opposed to capacity restrictions. The last few rows seem to be blocked off on most other flights.

LiamNCL
9th Jul 2014, 21:22
Its DC & DF now , Aircraft swap last night down in HER , I dunno maybe someone whos been on a SSH fligth from NCL could confirm the amount of empty rows at the back ? Im sure the NCL-SSH flight is restricted though

alasdair1
9th Jul 2014, 21:24
According to the caa g-info max carried 215on tcx's new a321' DB-DF

fl dutchman
9th Jul 2014, 21:53
Was on TCX6025 TFS-NCL last Friday, G-TCDD. 215 pax on board, 5 empty seats.

Seating plan had back few rows blocked off but all occupied.

LiamNCL
10th Jul 2014, 05:46
I wasnt aware seats were greyed out on other flights too

anthbower1234
10th Jul 2014, 06:12
On TCX 6536 May gents no seats blocked at back however on speaking to the crew 186 on board and spread out on the aircraft to distribute weight. On rtn leg most seat rows had a spare seat which was class!

nsherrin15
10th Jul 2014, 20:46
I know this is probably a long shot but does anybody know if summer 2015's aircraft will be a based TCX A321 or a leased A320? Thanks.

kieb92
11th Jul 2014, 04:37
From another forum post, it appears that next summer Condor will base 2 757-300 for TCX flights out of Manchester and the 767-300's will leave the TCX fleet to go to Condor permanantly from the end of Summer 2014. Will operate out of Frankfurt over the winter but will return to Manchester for Summer 2015 as per other posts but will remain in Condor colours and will operate as Condor flights like the 2 757-300 with the DE code. So in essence will not be TCX aircraft. Unsure of what will happen regarding registrations whether they will remain G- registered of will become D- registered.

Funderblaster
11th Jul 2014, 19:54
The 767's will be TCX Aircraft. It doesn't matter what it says on the side. They will be flown by TCX pilots which means they will remain on the TCX AOC and remain on the G reg.
The TCX pilots can't fly the Condor aircraft even though they are type rated and vice versa.
They have independent AOC's which prevents sharing crews (for now)

EK77WNCL
13th Jul 2014, 23:08
They should give NCL some of the German hospitality and rotate a 753 through once in a while

Daza
14th Jul 2014, 16:24
Extra aircraft at Birmingham 2* new routes and base changes to 3 x A321 1 x A320. Source Thomas Cook Airlines Offers More Destinations And Flights From Birmingham Airport in 2015 - Birmingham Airport (http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/meta/news/2014/07/thomas-cook-airlines-offers-more-destinations-and-flights.aspx)
New routes Kalamata and Lesbos and along with TOM Djerba. :ok:

alasdair1
14th Jul 2014, 21:07
Hi
Does anyone know why the tcx 3504 from gla-dlm took a detur round ireland and now div to man g-jmcg a/cwas delayed 3hrs now diverting following on fr2
any info would be appreciated
Alasdair adam

MKY661
14th Jul 2014, 22:04
Also More news on the TCX Fleet:
4 757's are to leave the fleet this winter. G-JMCD and G-JMCE are two of them, other two TBC.

The 757's will be replaced by 4x A321 from Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia as follows:

OY-VKT will become G-TCDV
OY-VKB will become G-TCDW
OY-VKE will become G-TCDX
OY-VKA will become G-TCDY

Four new A321's will then go to Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia.

Not sure when this change will happen but I assume it will be around March/April of next year :)

Source: Thomas Cook Airlines Fleet List (http://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet_listings/thomas_cook_airlines_uk.htm)

alasdair1
22nd Jul 2014, 20:33
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone can help me complete.my records
I am looking for the registrations of the aircraft that opperated the flights please

Friday 23rd may 03 thessaloniki-bhx 752
sunday 7th june 03 ayt-bhx 752 tcx833L
Tuesday 21st oct 03 bjv-man 753 tcx967L

thanks