PDA

View Full Version : New easyJet uniform

Virginia
22nd Dec 2006, 08:57
Well it's certainly an improvement! The crew actually have proper grey suits with white shirts. Male crew wear ties and female wear scarves. Crew are given trolley bags and leather handbags for the girlies. :ok:

mattycourt
22nd Dec 2006, 11:02
do u have any links to pictures??

Thnks

MC

easyJet Galley King
22nd Dec 2006, 11:10
Still dont understand why we hav to wear a tie, when even our CEO doesnt. Goes against the relaxed, informal style that is easyJet, which is one of the reasons I joined.

DJTibby
22nd Dec 2006, 11:14
A link to some piccys would be great:) Id love to see the new uniform

Off Stand
22nd Dec 2006, 12:25
I have seen some pictures, looks brilliant. I was at the company when we changed to the current uniform and the new one that is coming out now is what we wanted back then. I haven't any links to the new uniform, but I'll look into it for you.

Virginia
22nd Dec 2006, 15:41
I take it we can't post piccys here?

Boy In Blue
22nd Dec 2006, 16:27
as a good old fashioned sexist Im glad to see you easyjet girls will be joining the other babes in the sky with a natty new look. :)

Stone Cold II
22nd Dec 2006, 20:20
I had a look on inside and have to say they look very smart indeed. Gone is the tacky Sainsbury look and in comes a very stylish, smart and very professional looking uniform to go with our very professional cabin crew and it has hardly any orange in it at all. :ok:

Rach-G
23rd Dec 2006, 10:49
Easyjets new uniform pictures here
http://easyinternetcafe.easy.com/archive/21.12.06EJ.html

Virginia
23rd Dec 2006, 11:11
Well done Rach-G! :)

I cannot wait to wear the uniform. The full piccys of the presentation in Luton are on the Intranet. The email which came round states it will be rolled out by Summer 2007 with user trials taking place in the New Year! Well done easyJet!

airbusthreetwenty
23rd Dec 2006, 11:11
They look excellent.

Well done to those involved in the desigin.

SuperBoy
23rd Dec 2006, 11:58
Would you still have to pay for it?

Or is the first one free? :)

resboy
23rd Dec 2006, 12:04
Love it! Think maybe we could borrow it at Jet* :)

LOTflyer
23rd Dec 2006, 13:38
Is there gonna be any "wing" with it?:D

Smell the Coffee
23rd Dec 2006, 17:38
:D :D
That's much better...shame the crew will still be on their hands and knees...picking up those pringles chips which have been thoroughly crushed into the carpet by those horrendous kids and their chav parents on the Faros/Malagas/Alicantes/.

sebby
23rd Dec 2006, 19:08
Its nice.. the brightness of the tie and scarf gives that informal edge whilst still looking professional.

And to think I didnt go for the recent recruitment when I was living in Australia as I didnt like the uniform... :ugh:

:ok:

EmmaB
23rd Dec 2006, 19:29
Looks to me as if they've at last got rid of the indignity of trousers for the girls - I can see only smart skirts and a dress on that website.

captcat
23rd Dec 2006, 21:04
Ohmygod, she's at it again :rolleyes:

Em, sweetie, you know you shouldn't stop taking your medication without medical advice :=

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2337445#post2337445

bmibaby.com
23rd Dec 2006, 21:32
I like that easyJet have moved over to a suit, it adds a more professional edge to the airline which is more in line with the kind of passengers they are hoping to attract ie pax who would probably usually fly a traditional airline. It's a shame though that there isn't so much orange, as that's the first thing that I associate with easyJet obviously, and it isn't so prevalent in this uniform.

So looks like it's just us at baby that are left with gilets now! :ugh:

Pandora's Box
24th Dec 2006, 12:27
bmibaby.com,

Hopefully not much longer with the gilets!!

Apparently our new boss wants to get rid of the cardys and gilet as she dos'nt like and replace them with a suit type jacket:ok: :ok:

Virginia
24th Dec 2006, 13:11
Still dont understand why we hav to wear a tie, when even our CEO doesnt. Goes against the relaxed, informal style that is easyJet, which is one of the reasons I joined.

I think ties look smarter...if I'd wanted relaxed and informal I'd have applied to work at Asda Walmart! :} ;)

SAGG...SUCKS
30th Dec 2006, 20:33
:ok: I've worked with Easyjet since day 1 at LPL and think this uniform is a big improvement on previous designs. It looks alot more professional and don't think it will do the airline any harm at all, but only time will tell as to what the the fleets crew think.:confused:

slide blower
30th Dec 2006, 21:59
SAGGS SUCKS.
can i ask in what area do you work with EZY at LPL?.
just interested!.

egnxema
2nd Jan 2007, 15:39
What do all the EZY guys and gals think to the new uniform?

Getoutofmygalley
2nd Jan 2007, 17:06
It's a blooming site better than the current Star Trek the Next Generation one that I currently wear to work at the moment! :}

Smudger
3rd Jan 2007, 21:28
easyjetgalleykingorwhatever

Oh my Gord you're going to have to wear a TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You might even come somewhere close to looking SMART!!!!!!!! Oh no!!!!! How WILL you cope!!!!!!!!

Getoutofmygalley
3rd Jan 2007, 22:01
Ignoring the sarcasm in the above post, I do agree with his sentiments. So what if Andy Harrison doesn't wear a tie?

It has always been easyJet policy to not wear ties, but I would be at all surprised if Andy back in his RAC days used to wear a tie to the office.

We are trying to make the company look more professional (because we are a professional airline) and ties make us look like the other airlines out there. The company is 11 years old now therefore it is time that it acted it's age and stopped looking like the young upstart that it was.

My comment in my previous post re: star trek uniform was tongue in cheek, I feel proud to wear my uniform every day. I will feel even prouder when I wear my nice newly designed uniform with a tie when it is launched :)

easyJet Galley King
3rd Jan 2007, 23:28
easyjetgalleykingorwhatever

Oh my Gord you're going to have to wear a TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You might even come somewhere close to looking SMART!!!!!!!! Oh no!!!!! How WILL you cope!!!!!!!!

Well, excuse me Smudgerorwhatever for having my own opinion. There are alot of us guys out there that just dont like wearing ties, and suits with shoulder pads that make you feel like an American Footballer. Mind you, im sure it will look great once i've dug it out from behind the passenger hand luggage, cleaning packs, toiletries, and everything else found in the overhead locker.

Getoutofmygalley
We are trying to make the company look more professional (because we are a professional airline) and ties make us look like the other airlines out there. The company is 11 years old now therefore it is time that it acted it's age and stopped looking like the young upstart that it was.

But I thought the idea was that we wanted to be different to the other airlines? I too am proud to wear whatever uniform we are given, and am by no means knocking the huge efforts by my fellow colleagues who have designed it, however atleast with the current uniform, atleast people knew who we worked for. Just looking at the gents now, other than a tie that looks like it belongs to some boarding school somewhere, where on the new uniform is the "Orange" identity that is easyJet?