PDA

View Full Version : Overseas Flying Experience : Your Take

Aceninja
22nd Dec 2006, 04:59
I'm sure you've heard the news about Pilots in other countries flying jets right after they get 250hours etc. The pay might be crappy if you convert it into dollars or pounds, but experience being experience and flight hours being flight hours, lets say that when you do decide to look for a job back in the states (or whereever ur from), would the Airlines have a fit? ie, would they have anything against hiring someone who;s got 1000hrs of PIC experience in a 737, but got that experience in a country like India? Would that look good or bad on your resume? I mean on one hand I suppose it does show that you can fly overseas in a different environment, but would the airlines, majors, and rejional jets, prefer to have US based experience? Please post your two cents:

PS: Reason for question...I am originally from India (US Citizen) and after I finish my flight school I was thinking about taking the "short cut" if you want to call it that and fly Jets in India, w/ a self funded TR, for a few years building up experience before moving back to the states again to try and fly for the majors/ rejional jets...keyword being Jets.... I know this sounds like a big What If....? but if anyone can give me an insight into this matter please advise...