PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this pic...

SA Helicopter
20th Dec 2006, 14:09
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Rotorheads/Gallery/Helmet.jpg

This comes from the NZ Air Force.
PS. It's real, no BS with the picture...

SASless
20th Dec 2006, 14:30
Just your typical Chinook pilot sense of humour!:ok:

skadi
20th Dec 2006, 14:32
Excellent, where can I get this patch?

Skadi

Sudden Stop
20th Dec 2006, 14:45
How long before that's all you get on a 'low frills' airline? ;)

Heli-Ice
20th Dec 2006, 16:38
Very funny. Its Short and snappy and says what I sometimes would like to myself. :ok:

However I don't think my costumers will be happy with it.

Practice Auto 3,2,1
20th Dec 2006, 17:07
Me no see :suspect:

Must be time for a new PC!

TwinHueyMan
20th Dec 2006, 17:11
One of our old pilots had one of these patches, looked a bit smaller though. Other favorites are "Don't scream, I'm scared too", "I couldn't make it as a Neurosurgeon so here I am" and the perfect medevac patch, with a very mean looking gunslinging warrior on it and the titles "I'm from the government, I'm here to help you"

-Mike

rotorbrent
20th Dec 2006, 17:12
So where do we order one?

SA Helicopter
20th Dec 2006, 17:17
Hi guys,

Great replies, had a good laugh when I read some of them!!

VT-51_Razor
20th Dec 2006, 18:50
Surely this is the helmet of a logging captain and not that of a professional military pilot!! :hmm:

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
20th Dec 2006, 19:28
Good brief, I thought - so I tried it today on the aircraft owner.

Anyone got a job going spare?

....I even said "Your Lordship" and he still fired me. :sad:

;)

WSPS
20th Dec 2006, 19:59
Try www.nametags4u.com
You can specify any text, so it could be the one in question as well...;)

IFHP
21st Dec 2006, 07:19
The bottom line worries me...... surely this means you have to touch something but doesnt tell you what to touch.

pitchlink
22nd Dec 2006, 18:53
Must be American military, those of us on the correct side of the pond realise that the double negative used in "Don't touch nothing", is inviting the reader to get his hands on everything he can!! Now I will sit back and be re-educated in my English!!!:ok:

Ioan
22nd Dec 2006, 19:06
I was thinking exactly the same thing! Still, was very funny!

Blackhawk9
22nd Dec 2006, 21:49
Wish we could us it as the standard brief to some of the rig pigs i've seen over the years........the missing link would be to generous............but they are the client and we love them!!!!!

ConwayB
22nd Dec 2006, 22:17
Hi guys,
Love the patch, although I think Pitchlink (through his command of grammar) and SASless through his eagle eye, have spotted that this is a Chinook pilot and probably an American one. (Cockpit, helmet and vocab are the give aways. The Kiwis don't have Chinooks.

Regardless, it's f*kin' funny, though.

Here's a story from the days of Aussie Army Aviation when the little Kiowa LOH (OH-58s) were used as recce as well as the battlefield cab for the commanders. In the Aussie army, pilot's flight helmets are labelled with the names of the owner and these labels are on the back of the helmet.

On one occasion, a young Captain and his Sergeant Major jumped aboard a Kiowa after giving a nod to the pilot who was wearing his survival vest and had his dark visor down. Once strapped in, the Captain, through the ICS was telling the pilot where they wanted to go and what they wanted to see. The Captain saw the pilot's name on the label on the back of the helmet and read it as Lieutenant Col Edwards.

"Colin, I want to go here!. Colin, I want to go there!" etc. (You get the idea).

The pilot dutifully did what he was told but after a while, the passenger was getting a bit too forceful and demanding and when the pilot decided enough was enough and that that was the end of the sortie, the Captain became quite irate and told the pilot: "Listen, mate. I task this aircraft and I'll tell YOU where to go. OK Lieutenant?"

The pilot landed the aircraft, shut down and walked up to the irate passengers ready to go 'toe-to-toe'. He pulled off his helmet to reveal that he was probably one of the oldest Lieutenants in the Aussie Army.

"Perhaps I should introduce myself," said the pilot. My name is Lieutenant Colonel Steve Edwards.

The Captain immediately realised his error - Lt Col Edwards printed on the helmet's label actually meant LTCOL Edwards... the Commanding Officer of the Regiment.

OOOPS! Maybe he should have taken the advice on the patch and SHUT THE F*CK UP!

(Names changed to protect the guilty)