PDA

View Full Version : Future of North Weald

UV
20th Dec 2006, 13:33
I am pleased to be able to give you an update on the deliberations about the future of North Weald Airfield.

You may recall that last year an Enquiry in Public (EiP) was held to examine the East of England Plan, which proposed the building of 6000 houses on the Airfield. The EiP did not support these building proposals and recommended deletion of plans to build at NW. Their recomendations have now been reviwed by the Government who, yesterday, published their proposed changes to the Plan

I am delighted to tell you that the Secretary of State has accpeted the EiPs recomendation and has deleted plans to build at NW from the final Draft Plan.

Another round of consultation is necessary prior to the issue of the FINAL document in the middle of next year.

The Users Group will be writing to everyone on the data base for a final burst of support and we look forward to your continued help.

Finally, I have to say that without the presentation made by Peter Kember at the EiP none of this progress would have been possible. The Goverment even acknowledged his persuasive case in their Statement of Reasons for their decisions.

UV
Chairman
North Weald Airfield Users Group

BRL
20th Dec 2006, 19:26
Excellent news. Well done all from here who helped. :D