PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Cabin Crew Working Conditions

ak3141
19th Dec 2006, 23:02
Hello ladies and gents,

It seems everyone seems to have their own, 'I know somebody that has been working as cabin crew with Emirates for the past 4 years and they're earning this much money,' story to tell and seem to think that their information is infalllible. What I'd like to know are the real details from Emirates cabin crew before I make the decision to move and work for the company. An informed decison is always a better decision!

I can understand that some of the information may be considered sensitive, so if you're a little hesitant to post it in the public forum just send me a PM. Any information received will be treated with the strictest of confidence and will only be used to make a decision about whether I'd like to join the company or not.

The following is the kind of information I'm looking for and any accurate information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- base pay
- average pay per month (including base and allowances)
- sick leave
- annual leave
- maximum working hours per day
- overtime rates of pay
- average flying hours and duty hours per month
- maximum flying hours and duty hours per month
- maximum consecutive working days
- average amount of reserve and available days per month and whether these are considered duty hours
- minimum amount of days off per month and whether these are single days or consecutive days
- minimum rest periods at home base and during layovers
- employee satisfaction and your thoughts about the company and living in Dubai
- any other staff incentives, bonuses, or information you may think relevant!

:ok:

flytheplanemay
20th Dec 2006, 04:46
It has been over a year since I left, but this is what I can tell you from when I was there for 3 or so years:

28 days annual leave per year with 1 free ticket your home country.

Base pay was around 4000 dirhams.
Flying pay was around 40 dirhams chocks on to chocks off, though this increased as you progressed through business and first class.
Average hours varied over the three years I was there. Anywhere from 50 to 100 per month. Obviously, the more hours you fly, the more you got in your pay.
We also got overnight allowances at the hotel in the currency of the country we were visiting. From memory Paris was around 95 euros, Frankfurt was 80 euros, and London ranged from 55 to 60 pounds. Remember this does not come in your monthly salary. It was given in cash when you arrived, so I considered it play money :)

When I first joined, I was earning between 6000 and 7000 dirhams per month. When I left, I was earning between 8000 and 10000 per month.

There was no overtime pay.

Contrary to popular belief, the end of contract bonus was not 20000 Australia dollars. It was more like $5000 Australian.

I think you got 10 days minimum off per month. But we also got rest days before and after flights which were not considered days off, they were more recovery days - if that makes sense! Depending on the trips you do, the more days you would get off. Pick flights where you would do lots of hours ie the Australian flights

Every year there was a bonus in May. It decreased each year I was there, due to the growth of the airline and the more staff getting a slice of the pie!

Every 7 months you would do a month of reserve.

I think the maximum was 6 days on, except for a few trips which were around 9 days (but this usually meant lots of extra days off) Mainly get 2 or 3 days of in a row, actually, more like 3 or 4 days off in a row! You ould ge tthe odd single day here and there.

European layovers were generally 24 hours. One of the melb trips only had 17 hours in Melbs, but 24 in Singapore each way.

Dubai, its what you make of it. Very easy life over there, all bills paid for, transport to and from work.

Would recommend it to anyone!

TightSlot
21st Dec 2006, 13:42
Try posting this on the existing, massive thread in this forum, cunningly entitled "Emirates"