View Full Version : Uses of the parachute

Basil
18th Dec 2006, 17:05
Sorting through old books today came across AFM 64-15 'Survival uses of the Parachute'. After looking through the descriptions of shelters, sleeping bags, clothing etc. noticed that page 1 had a very important omission:
"Pull the 'kin ripcord!" :eek:

tony draper
18th Dec 2006, 17:18
I read somewhere that when the American Sabre Jet was fitted with a ejector seat the list of instructions for using same were fixed on the side of the canopy,number one in the list being Jettison canopy.
Prolly Apocryphal
:rolleyes:

Air-Geko
18th Dec 2006, 21:48
noticed that page 1 had a very important omission:
"Pull the 'kin ripcord!"

God help the guy who starts reading at the index...

allan907
19th Dec 2006, 00:37
And does the pamphlet mention the ability to use a parachute to bribe the local popsies with enough material to make knickers for the whole neighbourhood?

Chocks Away! Tally Ho!

wiccan
19th Dec 2006, 00:41
101 Airborne, Normandy, WW11....Grizzled M/Sgt as Jumpmaster.... Right Lads, as you jump, you shout "Geronimo" right!!
All 29 troopers leap out....2 mins later, a frantic knocking at the door. Confused M/Sgt opens said door...exhausted Para hanging on for dear life "What the F** do YOU want?"
"What was the name of that Indian Sarge?"
Coat hat door
bb

Loose rivets
19th Dec 2006, 05:31
And does the pamphlet mention the ability to use a parachute to bribe the local popsies with enough material to make knickers for the whole neighbourhood?
Chocks Away! Tally Ho!

Aaah Min. Pantaloons in parachute material Min...I'd like to pull your rip-chord Min.

verticalhold
19th Dec 2006, 11:46
Careful rivets. Its Christmas, I'm miserable enough and you go and remind me how old I am!!!!!

Wish they'd repeat those shows on Radio 4 in the 18:30 comedy slot.

Capt. Queeg
19th Dec 2006, 19:29
the list of instructions for using same were fixed on the side of the canopy,number one in the list being Jettison canopy.

M18A1 Claymore inscription:

"FRONT TOWARD ENEMY"

If you're reading it while you're aiming it, you could be in for a nasty shock.