PDA

View Full Version : Headphones for IFE

Pin Head
16th Dec 2006, 14:25
Will they accept old walkman stlye? Will they take a new ipod style headphone? (refuse to pay for a set onboard)

apaddyinuk
16th Dec 2006, 17:52
Pinhead, all depends on the airline and the system they are using. A lot of airlines have two pin plugs so if you use your own head set then you will only hear through one ear. However also remember that perhaps the airline you are flying with doesnt charge for headsets!

TightSlot
16th Dec 2006, 19:01
(refuse to pay for a set onboard)

Just curious, but.. why? :confused:

SXB
16th Dec 2006, 21:29
Pin Head
No, you'll need a two pin adapter. I think only the charter type airlines charge for headphones but they're very cheap, probably about the same as the cost of a two pin adapter... That said airline headphones are very, very low quality, if you travel a lot invest a couple of hundred euros and buy a pair of noise cancelling headphones, they are worth every penny, or cent as the case may be.

Middle Seat
16th Dec 2006, 23:05
As paddyUKboy said, pinhead (that sounds like such an insult) it depends on the airline. I know Continental uses a two prong plug, but Northwest uses a single. Don't recall what BA uses, and I know that SAS uses a single. I suppose if you took two Ipod sets, and plugged on into each hole, and inserted one of each into your ears, you'll have beaten the system.

:D Congratulations! You've saved $5!

Jinkster
18th Dec 2006, 11:14
I remember flying Delta about 7 years ago and the headphones were like tubes!

Very strange....

BTW: Give Pin Head a break - perhaps he has just bought some fancy noise cancelling headphones and prefers to use those instead - I know i would!

the_fish@blueyonder.
18th Dec 2006, 12:30
Before I flew with First Chice this summer I bought 3 two-pin adaptors in Maplin for 99p each. They worked fine onboard and saved us having to pay, I think £5 for each set of headphones.