PDA

View Full Version : Contact Air

LeNautilus
16th Dec 2006, 12:07
Hey!
I've seen that Contact Air (ATR operator) is going to recruit first officers.
Do you know if pilots must speak German to work for them (the website is only in German...)?
And what are the minimum flight hours (total flight time and hours on type) to apply?
Thanks for your answers.

vikingdk
16th Dec 2006, 15:17
You must be able to talk german im afraid..thats what they told me:ouch:

Schimmel
22nd Dec 2006, 04:09
1. You should speak some German.

2. You do not need a Typerating, Typerating will be paid, no minimum
flight hours are required.They take a fond of 12.500 euro, which will be
refund after 3 years firm affiliation.Overnight expenses during the
Typeratings are paid. Base is Stuttgart.

3. You need however at least the so-called positive "BU" (Berufsgrunduntersuchung-->Occupation basic investigation, one is sent from Lufthansa to the DLR (the famous loopy test in Germany), after one applied there as ab initio pilot) or having the "GU" (Grunduntersuchung --> , the second and last chance as Ready Entry Pilot, likewise one is there-sent by Lufthansa or Lufthansa Cityline, or also by Eurowings, if one applied there), because Contact Air is a member of Lufthansa Regional, and they have to observe the rule of mother Lufthansa.
At present, the Contact air, saves the money in order to send the people to the DLR, there are sufficient applicants with the so-called BU or GU.
By interest send your application first at all to Lufthansa Cityline (CLH), those offer the test possibly also in English.

4. The selective procedure consists a first interview with a short ATPL test and english knowledge, simulator Screening and a conclusion discussion with the mentally disturbed psychologists :} in Hamburg (DLR test).

5.They prefer the flying students of the flight school intercockpit. At present they are looking also for other ready entries due of shortage.

6. At present there are no employment offer- since last week, anyway for this year.

Sorry, for my bad English. I work still on it. I hope, I could help you with this information.

LeNautilus
22nd Dec 2006, 16:54
Thanks Schimmel for these valuable informations.
I don't comply with all the criteria but I am gonna send a CV anyway.