PDA

View Full Version : silent wave files

The Voice
15th Dec 2006, 21:57
Dear Gurus' ..

I can play and see the files but the sound isn't audible .. and I do have working speakers and the the volume is turned up!

Any clues as to why this may be and how I might fix it?

Merry Chrissy to you all

born2fly_au
16th Dec 2006, 18:44
Just check to see if the volume hasn't been set to Mute. or the volume control in windows {Seperate from the speaker volume control} is not turned down. Are your startup and other sounds working? What player are you using?
Allen

The Voice
16th Dec 2006, 20:16
It is windoze media player,

I'm unsure how I would check the audio volume in windows however ..

born2fly_au
16th Dec 2006, 20:21
Double click the volume control and it will show all the settings. i don't think there is a volume control within media player. Are your startup and shutdown sounds audible?
Allen

The Voice
16th Dec 2006, 20:27
Morning .. thanks for your time ..

I double clicked the icon - all set midway, nothing muted ..

Yes all works as per normal, I normally have the volume of the speakers down/off - the ususal start up music drives me insane ..

born2fly_au
16th Dec 2006, 20:34
That one has me really stumped, Hav you checked the MS Knowledge base? IS it the new Version 11? Could try unistalling it in control panel make sure updates is ticked at the top and going back to version 10 to see if that helps, I use Winamp or realplayer. apart from that sorry i cannot help you, if i find anything i will post it straight away.
Best of Luck Allen

gas path
17th Dec 2006, 10:59
Sooo The Voice has been silenced:} :}
Try HERE (http://www.ishow.com/ishow/help/webcastready.asp)
They do suggest deleting all the cache and reinstalling the media player.

The Voice
18th Dec 2006, 21:14
:E nope!!

I'm away from home now for a couple of weeks .. so I'll be sure and chase up your link when I have some time ..

BOAC
18th Dec 2006, 21:46
Might be a long shot, but I had the same problem. It was a while back and memories are a little hazy, but I think I sorted it by WM's Tools/Options/devices/speakers/properties where I ?had selected? "Play audio over S/PDIF digital output" whatever that might be. Deselecting gave me the noises:ok: I also deselected the 24 bit audio tick.