PDA

View Full Version : Attitudes to Flight Deck Crew

TartanFlyer
15th Dec 2006, 13:10
Dear All,

I am a recently qualified commercial pilot who has demonstrated the correct aptitude and skills and hence am sitting in the hold pool for a certain LCC. What do you girls (and guys I suppose!) think about those on the flight deck!

The reason I ask is when I start flying I don't want to be seen as being just your Boss for 4 sectors a day, obviously I understand the need for a sterile environment but is there time for general chat and banter - does this happen in real life?

What is the attitude towards pilots while on a layover. Is there any truth in the belief that pilots are more desirable than the average guy? If so what is it that makes a pilot more desirable, after all we are all just human beings! Frequently if I tell girls that I am a pilot they are seemingly more attracted to me than my mates, luckily I am single hey :ok:

Do male flight attendants find pilots attractive, I guess they have every right to be :eek:

Are most female Flight Attendant's single and is that why they find pilots so attractive, because of the money and status :sad:

I don't mean to come across as arrogant, there are of course certain perceptions that abound and I just wish to validate them if that makes sense...

Hopefully one day we will work together and then I'll buy you a drink :ok:

PS: Ask me whats under my kilt ;)

6chimes
16th Dec 2006, 11:14
The most important thing you have to demonstrate to the crew is that you are not a superior being. If you have normal communication skills and have a genuine interest in listening to people you will be fine. From your post you seem to have that so there should be no problems.

Little tip for you; when your in the bar don't talk pilot stuff!:{