PDA

View Full Version : Do i have any chance??

ARGON1980
14th Dec 2006, 20:04
I was "working" for British Midland in 2000, I was 19yrs old, got the job in my first ever cabin crew interview and done great on my training couse (100% in every exam), when the training course ended I spent the whole weekend getting really drunk and didnt really stop until the morning of my airport familiarization day.... I turned up drunk and was subsiquently fired due to grose misconduct :ugh: . I was so happy during the training and finally felt that i had found my career, and to this day I still cant belive how stupid i was. I want to ask if anyone thinks i still have a chance at making it as cabin crew as its the one and only career I want...
Thanks...
Aaron

sir.pratt
14th Dec 2006, 20:15
i'm glad you done great - that's a start :)

attitude is pretty important, as is not turning up for work pissed. you say you got 100% for everything, but unfortunately you failed the most important one - turning up for work in a manner able to conduct yourself professionally!

i guess you could go back to midlands and plead your case, or find another carrier that wil be happy to take you on, given your history with midland. if you are brave you could go somewhere else without disclosing your midland history, hoping they don't do any digging.

TightSlot
14th Dec 2006, 21:26
It rather depends on how often and how much you drink now.

TimS
14th Dec 2006, 21:48
Arrived on this forum by error -but read http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255584

Virginia
15th Dec 2006, 16:03
Well they only do a 5 year history don't they?

keeperboy
15th Dec 2006, 21:59
Aaron I think at BA you would be OK. They make it fairly clear that your assessment day is all that really matters.

I don't think they will hold against you a silly mistake you made 7 years ago when you were 19.

r3please
16th Dec 2006, 10:49
The reference check goes back 5 years. You don't even need to tell any prospective employer that you ever worked for BM as it was 6 years ago.

sebby
17th Dec 2006, 08:52
Yeah go for it... forget that and never bring it up again, learn from it!

Good luck!