PDA

View Full Version : Restricted 1st Class Medical Jobs

DJED
14th Dec 2006, 16:19
Hi all,

I have just received my FAA first class medical with a limitation of not to fly at night time etc. So I dont yet know if i'll wil take a signal test or not, but i f i do and do not pass, what other fyling jobs are there that i would be able to do with my medical. Are there any pilots at the moment with restriced medicals flying for the airlines or other flying jobs? All information is greatly received as i would stil love to be able to fly something somewhere.

Regards

JediDude
15th Dec 2006, 08:58
Flight Instructer?

Air Taxi?

mightymouse111
15th Dec 2006, 12:06
Do you have a CAA medical?

I think that you will find the CAA medical to be a lot tougher than the FAA medical and if you have a restriction on your FAA medical who knows what the CAA will impose if they grant you one.

If you cannot fly at night, is this because you have a problem with your eyes?
(I know of pilots who can get a FAA class 1 medical but the CAA will not even let them take the medical over here because of the problems with their eyes. So i would suggest that should be your first step.

If you cannot fly at night this may restrict you from obtaining your licences. For FAA licences check the FAR AIM and Lasors for CAA licences.

razzele
16th Dec 2006, 13:25
North pole

then

South pole

You could potentially avoid night flying that way !

:E