PDA

View Full Version : Word Docs

dwlpl
14th Dec 2006, 14:48
I have Word Docs sent to me that when opened are displayed in 'Print Layout' form.

Is this 'view' automatic or does the sendee save it differently?

robdesbois
14th Dec 2006, 18:47
It may be saved with the document I'm not sure. To alter, go to the 'View' menu and choose an alternative layout.

born2fly_au
16th Dec 2006, 19:48
Are the documents created on the same version of word that you are also using?
What version are you using?
Are the documents in "Print Layout" view when saved? They normally open in the same layout as they were saved.
To change the view it is a simple matter of selecting the view you require by pressing the view button in the bottom left corner of word.
Allen

dwlpl
17th Dec 2006, 00:10
What about Excel, how do you not send all the empty rows and columns if you are emailing a spreadsheet as an attachment?

robdesbois
17th Dec 2006, 19:10
What about Excel, how do you not send all the empty rows and columns if you are emailing a spreadsheet as an attachment?

The empty cells are not saved as part of the document as for obvious reasons that would be a vast waste of space. The saved spreadsheet file contains only the existent cells' data, nothing more. When opened in Excel, it is presented with the empty cells.

HowlingWind
17th Dec 2006, 23:56
If I'm not mistaken, Reading Layout is actually a default "feature" of Microsoft Office 2003. I personally find it annoying and choose to view documents in Normal or Print Layout. To disable Reading Layout, in Word go to Tools/Options/General and uncheck "Allow Starting in Reading Layout."