PDA

View Full Version : PPrune overexpanding?

Bandit650
14th Dec 2006, 13:14
Me too. Lots.:uhoh:

ABX
14th Dec 2006, 13:20
Do we all access the same server? Been given the too busy notice dozens of times recently.

Cheers

Bandit650
14th Dec 2006, 13:24
UK lunchtime/early eve seem to the busiest. I have donated too, so have a clear conscience :p .

Danny
14th Dec 2006, 14:29
Unfortunately we are victims of our own success. Massive demand from around 35,000 or more readers a day, peaking at about 1300UTC, is putting a strain on our two servers. I am looking into expanding the number of servers and load balancing it all but nothing will happen until early in the new year.

Apologies if you are getting a server busy message but please keep trying as you will eventually get through as shown by those of you who have posted above. Along with the upgrade to the servers there will be a revamp of the layout and look of the site with some interesting new features too.

Bandit650
14th Dec 2006, 16:34
Happy to help with anything, I have an IT company so can get VAT-less kit. Just saying on the off-chance it would be useful, obviously not aware of the operating context of PPruNE.

ABX
14th Dec 2006, 22:04
Danny, the changes and upgrades planned for next year sound interesting, in the meantime when it gets busy I find that a bit of persistence will soon have me logged in.

Cheers,

ABX

BOAC
15th Dec 2006, 07:27
Worth remembering the 'ancient' advice of highlight/copy your post before 'submit', then if it disappears during an 'outage'....................

ExSimGuy
16th Dec 2006, 11:34
highlight & copy post
Nice idea, but then you forget in which thread you were going to post it :}

MarkD
18th Dec 2006, 19:30
Perhaps if some of the people congesting the system bought some personal titles it might help with capital upgrades... just a thought!

ABX
2nd Jan 2007, 12:24
WOW! Must be busy on the server(s) tonight have been getting the "Server is too busy at the moment, try again later." message for a couple of hours.:hmm:

Bring on the upgrades!:ok:

MarkD, looking for a promotion are we?:E ;)

Cheers,

ABX