PDA

View Full Version : Changing Professions

flyoneday
13th Dec 2006, 06:31
Hello people,
I am a trully EK wonnabe!
I however have not made it through with them yet.
I have a degree in Information Technology but am dying to be cabin crew.i know this is a big change and early this week i went for an interview in our National Carrier and i was actually asked about this change.....wether i knew / understood what change this could be(if i got the job). I guess i managed to convince them that am aware of the change and where my true passion lies!

When i left the interview,i kept asking myself if i was trully ready.
It only took me to come back to my office desk to realise that I SO WANT TO BE CABIN CREW! i dont want 9-5 anymore!!! and more so,i really dont deal with Information Technology per say, am in sales which is not bread n butter to mi.

Is there anyone out there who feels like this too?...somehow afraid to change professions? Then again,i plan to enrol in a Masters Internationa Business Relations and so i thought cabin crew is a good place to start....n i get to see the world!!!

I would like to hear from you people.

~
flyoneday :ok:

pinklemonae
13th Dec 2006, 06:45
I have a friend who has a degree in IT and made the move to CC. He is bored with the job and doesn't plan on spending too long...

have a long hard think about it.. It isn't the most mentally challenging job.

peppero
16th Dec 2006, 15:15
hi flyoneday,

same thing for me here. i also want to make a career change and apply for emirates. good thing for you because you realized this at an early age, unlike me. im now on my late 20's without any customer service experience. imagine that...

actually, i've been planning this change of career since i was 23 y/o. but then i always dismiss the thought because im not that confident that i would pass the qualifications for flight attendants holding the typical notion that this job is only for pretty ladies. and now im a bit of regretful because i know that my chances are slim because of my age. so if i were you, i would pursue my application while you are still very much qualified.

i am a licensed accountant in the philippines. i know i still have a good career ahead of me practicing my profession. but then i would still try to apply even though i know that i don't have much chance. i just want to stop regretting. If I don’t get it, it’s fine with me. I can tell myself that I’ve given it a try but didn’t make it, maybe the job isn’t really for me. If I get it then that’s good for me. If after two or three years, I stop liking the job, then I can always go back to accounting profession. But if I don’t try applying now, two or three years after, my application may not even go farther than passing my resume. And upon seeing my age, im automatically rejected.

Actually I’ve read some of your posts on emirates thread and I can see how much you encourage everyone to give applying a try. I can feel how much determined you are for the job. I think attitude-wise, you will be a very good fa.

I hope we’ll both make it.

misshostie
17th Dec 2006, 06:51
See Replying with quotes (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249532) thread

flyoneday
18th Dec 2006, 03:58
hi pinklemonae
Thank you for you contribute.
I have though about this long and hard and yes i do want to take the plunge!!!

hi peppero
Hi, hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for your post. Twas really something.
I keep telling maself the something..............atleast i have something else to fall back on incase being FA will not favour me:ugh:.
I bet i know how you feel and my encouragement from me is that you gat to give it a try.As you said, you'd rather KNOW that you tried other than live with the THOUGHT of always wondering....."what if"!!

You are like so right about me n EK, i love EK n it is my dream to one day be their flying ambassador:O.
Oh well,gat to kip on trying!!!

hi misshostie
Bummer!!! seems your post was deleted! I dont know why they delete some posts that replied with quotes but others are not deleted! If this was a fair rule, i think they should delete all replies that have been replied with quotes even on other threads!
Mh,lemi stop whinning. just wanted to request you to kindly re send your post.Thanx.

~
flyoneday :ok:

Virginia
18th Dec 2006, 19:28
Go for it! :cool::)

Loads of crew have degrees and love it. The job is what you make of it.