PDA

View Full Version : Finally something nice to say about LHR security

BOFH
10th Dec 2006, 19:44
Whilst waiting to go through BA business class (Gate R) security at Heathrow T1 today, the lady behind me bumped me with her pram while I was attempting to untie a shoelace. This caused me to rise up to regain my balance, and as I was hanging onto the shoelace as well, I ended up with an extremely tight knot instead.

Having coaxed my foot out of my shoe (in an effort to keep the line going), and through inspection, it was apparent that my foot would never go in again. What to do?

I approached one of the inspectors, asking if I might have the use of a pair of scissors to sacrifice the shoelace and jury-rig things. He took some scissors from the office, and then remarked that shoelaces might be thin on the ground where I was going.

He took my shoe, and after five minutes' assiduous manipulation, untangled the knot and returned my now-usable shoe to me.

While it is dispiriting to see everyone needing to remove their footwear, this chap restored my faith in human decency. Thank you, Aschok. (If anyone reading this knows him, please pass it on).

BOFH
BTW whoever was flying 856 to Prague made the landing feel like a cotton wool ball faling onto a lush fur coat on a baby's bum. My interlocutor and I never realised that we were no longer flying. Top hole.