PDA

View Full Version : What is involved during the CPL training course?

config-2
10th Dec 2006, 17:53
Hi,
I am about to embark on CPL/ME/IR training and I was wondering what exactly is involved in the 25hrs training i'll be doing for the CPL? Is it essentially just an extension to what was covered during PPL training but to tighter tolerances?
Thank you for any answers.

mad_jock
10th Dec 2006, 18:46
Depends if you do it in the twin or not.

I can only comment on the twin option.

Basically when you come back you do a go around where they fail an engine then a single engine landing which is no great hardship. In fact a piece of piss compared to PFL's, glide approaches and other such nasty's in the single engine version

Everything else is virtually the same as the PPL but with the professional factor added. ie you have to look and act the part (pax briefs ad other such stuff). The paper work (plog etc) is to an anal retentive level which you will never see again hopefully in your career (this depends on which examiner the school uses). Hint. Do the test on a weekend. ;)

I did mine after doing a 55hour IR course so it was all done in 4 days all I can remember was doing a bit of nav and constantly telling myself to look out the window and being dog tired.

Deano777
10th Dec 2006, 18:52
Config

If you are interested I typed up my CPL Diary and posted it on another forum, it can be found here (http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=63629)
It's a bit of a read, there are 2 pages to it, but it should give you a good insight into what is expected.

Rgds

Dean

FlyingForFun
11th Dec 2006, 07:12
My CPL diary (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108385) is here, it should answer your question.

FFF
--------------

config-2
11th Dec 2006, 12:07
Hi,
Firstly let me apologise for the title thread not making sense, all I can say in my defence is that I was very tired. :hmm:
Thank you for your replies and the links provided. Both provide excellent detail of what is involved they are exactly what I was after and I'd like to thank the pair of you for taking the time out to write such informative postings.
Best of luck with your flying careers.