PDA

View Full Version : Lasors 2007

BEagle
8th Dec 2006, 15:29
LASORS 2007 has just been released by the CAA.

You can download it FREE at http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_07.pdf and, if you intend to become a professional pilot, you really ought to do so!

BlueRobin
8th Dec 2006, 17:55
Thanks BEagle. Worth looking at the list of changes. Section A8 clarifies the UK's position on the "state of licence" issue, worth of a read for those who here have considered CPL Flying Training for example in Spain.

acuba 290
9th Dec 2006, 15:58
but what exactly they changed? i think it was same before...:confused:

yoda1
9th Dec 2006, 16:18
*The UK CAA does not recognise JAR-FCL PPL(A)/ (H) examinations completed in another JAA Member State for the purpose of issuance of a UK JAR-FCL PPL(A)/(H) as these examinations are produced “nationally” and are not compiled using the JAA Central Question Bank.

I don't completely understand. What does this mean for someone like me who is about to attend a 0-atpl course in greece? I hope it does not mean i come back to the uk with a cpl/ir and the caa tell me to do it (the ppl) again here! :{

:confused:

BlueRobin
9th Dec 2006, 16:31
but what exactly they changed? i think it was same before...:confused:

Note the word "clarify" which can also mean "we didn't make it clear enough last time"

astronaut97
9th Dec 2006, 22:53
I don't completely understand. What does this mean for someone like me who is about to attend a 0-atpl course in greece? I hope it does not mean i come back to the uk with a cpl/ir and the caa tell me to do it (the ppl) again here! :{

:confused:

What it means is you can't do your written PPL exams in, say, Spain, then do your training in the UK and apply for your licence, as the CAA won't recognise the exams you have taken.

yoda1
10th Dec 2006, 07:47
What it means is you can't do your written PPL exams in, say, Spain, then do your training in the UK and apply for your licence, as the CAA won't recognise the exams you have taken.

Thx for clearing that up for me astronaut97 :ok: