PDA

View Full Version : OOA AAR Fleet on the move?

225Turbo
6th Dec 2006, 16:33
heard a rumour today that the 40yr old queen of the sky fleet, currently plying its trade in a hot sandy place, is to relocate to another, far more 'westernised' hot sandy place in the coming months?

any truth?

glum
6th Dec 2006, 18:15
It's a nice idea, gotta make room for them Hercs sooner or later...

Fill 2 fool
6th Dec 2006, 18:21
Oh it would be nice now wouldn't it??! But doubt we gonna move anywhere else. Anyway where we are is westernised, and countrynised and if you like both you could have a country AND westernised, or the occasional salsa lesson. Thats if you aint had enough of Bingo!

toddbabe
6th Dec 2006, 18:35
They have not long moved after trying to stay where they were in the first place, it,s no secret they are at the deed why is everyone whispering and talking in code!

BEagle
6th Dec 2006, 18:39
"Why is everyone whispering and talking in code?"

Probably something to do with 'communicating information which may be of use to the enemy'?

circle kay
6th Dec 2006, 19:47
Shhhh.... (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/FactSheets/OperationsFactsheets/OperationsInIraqDetailsOfBritishAndCoalitionForces.htm)

BEagle,
Perhaps you can persuade Main Building to do a 'Jackonicko' and remove the web site

Security isn’t a dirty word,
on the other hand crevice…
:ok:

mcs7
6th Dec 2006, 19:47
"Why is everyone whispering and talking in code?"
Probably something to do with 'communicating information which may be of use to the enemy'?
Which one Tony or George?

MrBernoulli
6th Dec 2006, 20:13
The new enemy is a fat one-eyed jock git called Gordon.

I hasten to add, I do not consider jocks gits, just THIS lardy arsed one.

FFP
6th Dec 2006, 21:52
I don't care if this is a rumour network. No one is to say the B word ! It's taken long enough for that lot to get over it. There will be blubbing galore if we dig up memories of old for them

oh ok then.....if you must know.....it rhymes with marhain ;)

225Turbo
7th Dec 2006, 06:41
I don't care if this is a rumour network. No one is to say the B word ! It's taken long enough for that lot to get over it. There will be blubbing galore if we dig up memories of old for them

oh ok then.....if you must know.....it rhymes with marhain ;)

well, if what i heard is true, which has a lot to do with another aging fleet no longer requiring topping up, then the b word will be in use again.

BEagle
7th Dec 2006, 06:44
Hopefully not B as in Baghdad??!!

Probably not Bermuda either.....:{

50+Ray
7th Dec 2006, 06:51
Hopefully some old acquaintances will be dropping in for more than 3 tins again then! If any of the old codgers are still up for it.

toddbabe
8th Dec 2006, 08:26
Beagle look on any open source regarding basing for tankers in middle east it's no secret! Raf news covered the move from B to d in the first place! why would you move back there?
225 turbo am afraid you are way off the mark regarding another ageing fleet needing no top ups, the ageing fleet I think you are talking about is and will continue to be needing topups for a long time to come (I am afraid) and am not talking about it's teapots!

deeceethree
8th Dec 2006, 20:15
A quick chat to source on this fleet says it is nice rumour but will not happen.

BEagle
8th Dec 2006, 20:19
A polymorphic PPRuNer.........