PDA

View Full Version : IR(H) question !!

starshiptrooper
6th Dec 2006, 03:33
Dear Rotoeheads,

Have looked at many other threads and couldn't find the exact info so please help.

I'm ex QSP, 1000 TT, 1300 Total with Green restricted rating on Seaking MK4.

Looking to do an IR (H) ASAP, as the general opinion in the market place is that it massively opens up the opportunities of employment. Any suggestions on what I should do it on and what should it cost ?
I have so far come across the following options :

1. Bond Avn on EC135...approx 13k +VAT....is that about right
2. PAS on AS355 no idea of costs.
3. SAS, awaiting reply...

Would appreciate any advice/top tips of links to the answers to my questions.........Many thanks

Heliport
6th Dec 2006, 05:47
JAA IR Courses (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253462)

Flingingwings
6th Dec 2006, 11:48
There's also Helicopter Services at Wycombe 01494 513166 where either John Daly, Leon Smith or Ian Jones could advise on what you'd have to do hours wise and also the cost.

Aircraft wise either AS355 or A109 but really it depends on what you're ultimately aiming for.

Full course at most places including the Type rating about 35K.

FW

Bladecrack
6th Dec 2006, 13:45
Good luck with that one! :confused:
I've recently tried all the main UK companies who supposedly offer the course and it appears they couldnt be less interested!:ugh:
When I phoned them I got plenty of "dont know about IR courses, you need to speak to such and such who isn't here now, but if you leave your number they will call you back", needless to say, i'm still waiting on most of the "captain such and such" types to ring me back weeks later....:{
Now unless im missing something here an IR(H) in th UK costs a lot of money, you would think companies who offer the course would be knocking down your door to get you to sign up??? apparently not!
In summary,
1. After several phone calls, most never rang back!
2. One operator advertises the IR(H) course but does not actually provide it!
3. One operator after several calls managed to send me a brochure a few weeks later advertising their "Fixed Wing First Officer Training Program"
Company names witheld to save them from embarrassment...
Any wonder a lot of UK pilots go the FAA route then convert back to JAA...
One notable exception is a SW UK based operator with red helicopters who have responded positvely.:D
I feel better now with that off my chest :rolleyes:
Regards,
BC.

paco
6th Dec 2006, 13:55
Shame to hear that bladecrack - I know there's no excuse for chasing away a customer, but one of those schools has 72 IR students booked in for next year - I think they're just too busy! :) or is that :(

Phil

kissmysquirrel
6th Dec 2006, 19:46
and no prizes for guessing where the rudeness came from, LMAO

For those people wanting to convert licences, Lasors will tell you all the schools know and if that doesn't answer your question, suggest contact with CAA and get definite advice. Then, go to a provider and tell THEM what you need and when/how much/can they do it etc.

I believe a lot of IR training providers are so busy that they don't need the extra hassle of non standard courses.

Just a word of warning, don't believe everything everyone tells you.:=

Flingingwings
7th Dec 2006, 15:35
Hey KMS,

hows the hobby hunting going?????????????

Knitting, gardening or crochet? :E

helimutt
7th Dec 2006, 15:42
ask him nicely and he might knit you an xmas pullover! :)

TheFlyingSquirrel
7th Dec 2006, 17:52
Hey KMS,
hows the hobby hunting going?????????????
Knitting, gardening or crochet? :E

he has a fine hobby ! It's called baby sitting !:ugh: :ugh: :zzz: :uhoh: :ouch: :sad: :* := :yuk: :E :confused: :ok: ;)

kissmysquirrel
7th Dec 2006, 18:00
No time for anything else unfortunately. My life, as I knew it, came to a grinding halt just over a year ago. :eek:

Mr TFS, you know exactly what it's like! LMAO:ok: