PDA

View Full Version : SEP Renewal

FREDSIMTH
5th Dec 2006, 12:06
Probably done before.
Had a flight with a FI in May this year, who signed log book to that affect, and my SEP rating finishes in Jan next year.
Am I correct in thinking that I now only need to get an examiner to sign my license and form SRG\1187.
For the record, before a pedantic PPRuner asks :) , I have achieved the required flying hours.

Whirlybird
5th Dec 2006, 13:21
Yes, but make sure you get the examiner bit done before the rating expires, or all your jumping through hoops wil be worthless and you'll have to do a skills test (or whatever they call it).

Keygrip
5th Dec 2006, 20:40
Depends how long the flight was with the FI - and was he/she JAA qualified (or FAA qualified but "approved").

englishal
6th Dec 2006, 07:57
(or FAA qualified but "approved").

Wassat then? Can a flight with an FAA FI count?

Keygrip
6th Dec 2006, 09:56
I'm told, by the permanantly inconsistent CAA, that the answer is "No, an FAA CFI cannot do the hour" - that was the point of my comment.

The Authority always quote JAR FCL when they say that the flight must be a JAA FI - but they ignore the bit that the whole course is meant to be a JAA FI (when looking at the "spirit" of JAR FCL). How the :mad: an FAA CFI can teach the eentire course, but is not acceptable to do the one hour required for currency is beyond me.

englishal
6th Dec 2006, 11:52
I think I'll write to the CAA and ask if an FAA BFR is suitable. It should be, they accept the FAA IPC to renew an IMC rating, so I cannot see why the BFR, which is formal content of 1 hours flight + 1 hour ground school, should not be acceptable......

Keygrip
7th Dec 2006, 03:13
The problem you are likely to encounter there, Englishal, is that if you write to more than one person, you will get more than one answer. Somebody will say "Yes", somebody else will say "No".

I've even been advised, by a member of the CAA, to keep writing to different people until I get the specific answer that I want and then keep the reply. Throw the others away.

I've never known a so-called professional agency be so crap at their job (or so expensive).

Whopity
7th Dec 2006, 09:42
I cannot see why the BFR, which is formal content of 1 hours flight + 1 hour ground school, should not be acceptable......

From JAR-FCL 1.005
(2) Whenever licences, ratings, authorisations, approvals or certificates are mentioned in JAR–FCL, these are meant to be licences, ratings, authorisations, approvals or certificates issued in accordance with JAR–FCL. In all other cases these documents are specified as e.g. ICAO or national licences.

Therefore a flight with an Instructor means a JAA Qualified Instructor. If your BFR instructor was so qualified it can count for both.

Kirstey
7th Dec 2006, 11:32
Hey Keygrip.

Did you go to the conference on 21st November to express your conecrns?