View Full Version : 22:15 tonight, Panorama report from Afghanistan

Polikarpov
3rd Dec 2006, 19:20
This may be of interest.

Panorama
10:15pm - 10:55pm
BBC1

3 Commando: Hunting the Taleban

Reporter Alastair Leithead and cameraman Fred Scott have gained unique, prolonged access to the soldiers of the Royal Marines' 3 Commando Brigade as they try to flush out a shifting and elusive Taleban threat in southern Afghanistan.

mlc
3rd Dec 2006, 21:38
Interesting programme. Bravo November has just made an appearance. Still going strong!

MINself
3rd Dec 2006, 22:10
IMHO for a change a balanced and interesting programme talking to actual soldiers and marines that are doing the fighting, telling it like it is rather than some clueless spokesman.

Respect to all you serving there and every where, where Tony's "Follow our American cousins" tours take you.

Stay safe

MS

:D

MightyGem
3rd Dec 2006, 23:30
Bravo November has just made an appearance. Still going strong!
Yes, I saw that as well. I take it that's the BN of the Falklands fame?

ProfessionalStudent
4th Dec 2006, 07:37
An excellent piece. Balanced views, beautifully shot and worth every penny of the licence fee all on it's own (that and Planet Earth before it).

Well done the BBC.:ok:

Still a sorry state of affairs though...

Did anybody else think Bliars "rousing" chat to the troops sounded like all the other hollow platitudes we have come to expect from the man?

glum
4th Dec 2006, 11:40
An excellent piece. Balanced views, beautifully shot and worth every penny of the licence fee all on it's own (that and Planet Earth before it).
Well done the BBC.:ok:
Still a sorry state of affairs though...
Did anybody else think Bliars "rousing" chat to the troops sounded like all the other hollow platitudes we have come to expect from the man?

His constant "We must be brave" when talking to the guys astounded me, and I can only imagine what they were thinking...

But yes, a very good piece - be nice to see more from the other units out there across the forces.

GPMG
4th Dec 2006, 11:57
Research could have been better. Since when has the corps had Staff Sgt's? And what is 3 Commando?

Razor61
4th Dec 2006, 11:57
They should have asked Mr Blair for more shavers while he was out there :}

Chugalug2
4th Dec 2006, 12:01
From a normally ardent critic of the Beeb and its PC agendas, an unreserved well done! Just saying it how it is for a change, and mostly directly from the guys themselves. As always the Chinooks come and go with little or no fanfare, but every landing potentially fraught with danger methinks. Much respect to all (including the film crew). Stay Safe!

Severance
4th Dec 2006, 13:49
They should have asked Mr Blair for more shavers while he was out there :}

One gets bored of playing 'beard cricket' within a day; no fun:}

skua
4th Dec 2006, 20:57
IMHO the camera work was inspired. In the old days, (put on slippers, light pipe), Panorama used to put on something of that class once every couple of months - but that a documentary of that quality, not to mention something from the font line in the sandpit, is now very rare. Let us hope it gets more of the public onside to see how Bliar has over-reached himself.

MrBernoulli
4th Dec 2006, 23:41
A humble suggestion ...... when posting something that is date specific, why not add the actual DATE to the title. That way we all know WHICH night you were referring to.

MightyGem
5th Dec 2006, 06:08
Posted on the 3rd, referring to "tonight". Fairly obvious I'd of thought.

Comp Charlie
5th Dec 2006, 13:07
Does anyone know if it is being repeated and if so when? (only on 'Poor TV' though - I am a Mess dweller...)

CC

Butty
5th Dec 2006, 16:50
CC - you could try
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6187660.stm

MrBernoulli
6th Dec 2006, 20:27
" ..... why not add the actual DATE to the title?"

MightyGem, which part of TITLE don't you understand?

Regie Mental
7th Dec 2006, 09:11
MLC - 'tis indeed Bravo November of Falklands fame. Also was the lead helicopter into Al Faw in 2003 and must surely be destined for the RAF Museum on retirement.