PDA

View Full Version : When is new Dubai terminal opening?

abL1011
29th Nov 2006, 11:14
Does anyone know when the new Terminal (Terminal 2 concourse 2 & 3) at Dubai is due to open?

I'm due to transit via DXB in early February and have read on various sites that it is not a pleasant experience due to the current terminal facilities being unable to cope with current passenger numbers.

AMM626
29th Nov 2006, 13:35
Not sure when it's due to open but I transited DXB for the 1st time about 6 weeks back. I had read similar stuff to you but found it to be quite a pleasant experience.

Arrived from BHX outbound around 7am 'ish for a 3 hour stop, and although it was busy (as any airport would be at that time) with a few sleeping people around, it was far from the nightmare I expected. The security queues were fairly long but they moved at a good speed and took a third of the time spent queing at BHX. Similar experience on the return from PER, around 6am 'ish.

The only pain was parking on remote stands both times and waiting on the A/C for buses/steps for 20 odd min, then the ride to the terminal :ugh: ,still can't be helped.

Wouldn't worry too much, do some shopping and then find a nice bar, me and the Mrs went in the Irish Village opposite gate 22 (which happened to be our gate) for a few cold beers.

Enjoy your trip :ok:

abL1011
29th Nov 2006, 13:52
Thanks AMM626.

My wife and I are flying BHX to CHC on the evening flight from BHX, so we'll be in DXB at the same time as you were there (7am ish). It's reassuring to hear that the congestion isn't too bad.

AMM626
29th Nov 2006, 15:24
Guess you'll be on EK412 via SYD?

It's the flight I was on as I flew into SYD then returned from PER. The A345 is a great A/C, very quiet compared to some, and the EK ICE system is fantastic, just do not go to quick pressing the buttons on the touch screen display, mine froze 4 hrs from SYD and the wifes froze just outside BHX on the return.

If your wife's anything like mine she'll drag you round DXB doing the usual shopping rounds and before you know it you'll be due to board.:{

Have a great trip.

abL1011
30th Nov 2006, 10:33
Yes we're on EK38 / EK412, first time on a widebody Airbus.

Thanks for the tip about the ICE :ok: