PDA

View Full Version : FALKLANDS CONFLICT - 25th ANNIVERSARY

adrian mole
28th Nov 2006, 09:40
2007 will be the 25th Anniversary of the Falklands Campaign (Operation Corporate). Many events are planned culminating in a big parade in London on Sunday 17th June 2007. For a full list of events and an application form if you want to join the marchpast or attend have a look at the following website: http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/falklands25/falklands25.html
Incidentally if you complete the Application Form you must answer NO to both initial questions but then clarify when asked in what capacity....

Strictly Jungly
28th Nov 2006, 13:31
2007 will be the 25th Anniversary of the Falklands Campaign (Operation Corporate). Many events are planned culminating in a big parade in London on Sunday 17th June 2007. For a full list of events and an application form if you want to join the marchpast or attend have a look at the following website: http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/falklands25/falklands25.html
Incidentally if you complete the Application Form you must answer NO to both initial questions but then clarify when asked in what capacity....

Surely if you are a SAM holder one of the answers to Questions 1 and 2 will be Yes? i.e. You were either in UK or down south?

Or are my rapidly diminishing brain cells failing me?

Thanks for the very useful link though.
Regards,
SJ

adrian mole
28th Nov 2006, 14:03
SJ - You would think so but the answer is NO! There are two questions: (1) Did you serve in the Falklands? (2) Did you serve in the UK during Op Corporate? Being in Ascension throughout along with the Vulcan, Vicor, Herc, Nimrod & Phantom Dets plus TCW, UKMAMS, MCSU etc and holding the SAM begged what do I answer? The Vet Agency said answer NO to both and then quantify ok?

timex
28th Nov 2006, 14:44
Surely the answer to Q1 is Yes if you were there??

Strictly Jungly
28th Nov 2006, 14:49
SJ - You would think so but the answer is NO! There are two questions: (1) Did you serve in the Falklands? (2) Did you serve in the UK during Op Corporate? Being in Ascension throughout along with the Vulcan, Vicor, Herc, Nimrod & Phantom Dets plus TCW, UKMAMS, MCSU etc and holding the SAM begged what do I answer? The Vet Agency said answer NO to both and then quantify ok?

That might apply to your personal circumstances, my own circumstances would warrant a Yes to Q1. OK?

old-timer
28th Nov 2006, 19:20
Heck, 25 years, I DON'T BELIEVE IT ! maybe i'm just getting old :-)
seems only 10 years ago...................ahh, Harrier Sqn, the last of the line of an effective carrier force, happy days, bring em' back & the Buccs' /
hogs to:rolleyes: o !

Blakey875
30th Nov 2006, 20:28
Strictly - Your own circumstances warrant a yes? Without the sarcasm what answer do you think the Black Buck Vulcan crew would have to say? I think Adrian was highlighting a genuine anomally...

vecvechookattack
30th Nov 2006, 23:07
what answer do you think the Black Buck Vulcan crew would have to say

"Look Nav's...Iv'e told you once before.... If we march straight across the middle of the Mall it will be a lot quicker than marching straight down it. It worked in 1982 when we bombed the Runway by going across it rather than along the runway headin"