PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for PMC role!

pilotgriff
28th Nov 2006, 08:56
Hello guys, something unrelated to flying, but related to the RAF.

I'm a CWO who is the PMC at my ATC Dining in night this friday.

As you guys have probably been to enough formal dinners and functions to know the set up.

Basically, I need to know how to structure my speech and who I welcome (ie chairman, staff, visitors and our guest of honour - a gp capt) and more importantly what order I do things in.

And basically any other advice to make this a good speech.

Cheers in advance.

ps any jokes, or similar to put in speech would be great too as i'm crap at them.

bad livin'
28th Nov 2006, 15:35
Start with "this is the second time today i've got up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand":E

airborne_artist
28th Nov 2006, 18:00
Start with "this is the second time today i've got up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand"

"...but this time I won't pull my kecks up when I've finished with the paper" :E

Your job is to welcome the guests, and the main guest will (officially) respond on behalf of all the guests.

Get them in order of seniority, for a start. Thank them for coming. Thank the staff who have made it happen.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
28th Nov 2006, 19:31
If you are not naturally funny - don't try to be!

Good luck!

Duncs :ok:

Pie Man
28th Nov 2006, 20:59
Order of events:
After top table are in place 'Grace'
Food is served and remember others should not start eating until PMC starts so don't keep talking - as your food is served first it is likely to be the coldest!
After all food is gone and port in place, pass port to left. When everone has port time for the 'Loyal Toast', don't forget other nationalities if there are any present.
Depending on if you want to play hard rules or not an 'admin break' can be allowed after the toast - set time for people to return.
As PMC your job is master of ceremonies so your spech should be brief (thank mess staff, chef and band/music (if appropiate)).
Depending who is planning to speak find a few facts to intorduce the speaker.
If you get grief from others dining don't forget you have untilmate power and can fine the guilty - no right to reply (judge and jury).
As has been said if you are not a natural story teller keep your speach short - people can get bored very quickly.
At the end of speaches, bang gavel and give the top table to Mr Vice while those on the top table leave the room. Mr Vice should take top table and entertain remaiming guests (briefly).
If you need any more info PM me.
Good Luck
A Current PMC

BluntM8
28th Nov 2006, 22:15
Do nothing, pass the buck whenever possible, scapegoat anything nasty and dream of a posting to anywhere sunny.:E

Oh, sorry, thought you said a PMA role....