PDA

View Full Version : type of aircraft

Craigeedee
27th Nov 2006, 16:38
I have looked for an answer on this site and could not find one, so i apologise if there has already been a thread on this.

When applying for a job, a first pilot job so you will not be trained on a certain aircraft, do you just apply for a piloting job and if accepted they decide what fleet you will be on like the 777 or 747, or do you apply for a certain aircraft.

I realise as a first job applying for a job as a 747 pilot is not going to happen, this was just an easy example.

Craggenmore
27th Nov 2006, 17:43
If its your first job you generally don't care, you just take it - your first foot in the door might only ever happen once you see.

In my view, after you gain suitable experience (+2500 hours on jets/turbo props), you then target the airline and fleet that will give you the lifestyle you desire, if of course you need to move in the first place!

Lucifer
27th Nov 2006, 18:08
When applying for a job, a first pilot job so you will not be trained on a certain aircraft, do you just apply for a piloting job and if accepted they decide what fleet you will be on like the 777 or 747, or do you apply for a certain aircraft.
Craig,

You are obviously a young, keen lad (or girl), interested in aircraft. Keep the enthusiasm up and read about a bit as these questions are answered on the archive threads - there are some long posts on what is required to get the first job, and what employers look for, depending upon what they fly and where. Most people start out in airlines that only fly one type for example.

Surely your father can tell you about his experiences if he is a pilot - as you say on your first ever post on the site?

Best of luck.