PDA

View Full Version : As or with limitation ?

Canada Goose
27th Nov 2006, 15:16
Hi there,

I'm currently filling in an application and it asks

Do you require corrective lenses ? - the answer is yes;

It then asks

As or with limitation ? Yes/No

I don't know what this means or is asking for ?? :confused: Can anyone help me please !?? Basically, my eyesight is pretty good and in fact I heardly ever wear specs, only really to fly and drive ……. And they are good enough for me to have a Class 1 medical, but is this still considered a limitation. I obvioulsy don't want to check the wrong box and end up have the application rejected !!!

Thanks.
CG.

Captain Airclues
27th Nov 2006, 20:43
CG

I don't know which form you are completing but I suspect that they are two entirely seperate questions. The 'as or with' question probably refers to an 'as or with co-pilot' limitation that some people have on their licence, mainly due to past heart problems.

Airclues

Canada Goose
28th Nov 2006, 06:38
Captain Airclues,

Thanks for the reply. The application form was for bmi regional and the question is asked in the same line as corrective lenses and thus appears connected to vision. Above this line is a question asking specifically if you have any medical limitations.

On reflection, I think the answer to the 'as or with limitation' questions is NO !! Seem to recall the Thomsonfly application also asks some confusing questions regarding vision. On that occasion I had to call my optician !! I mean, I would have thought that by virtue of having a Class One medical meant that your vision was acceptable. However, the fact that they ask these questions has the suggestion that you can either fly and airline without a class 1 (which I believe you can't) or you can have a class 1 with certain vision limitations ?

CG.:confused:

norton2005
28th Nov 2006, 10:04
that is correct, you can fly with certain limitations on your medical. someone who has had laser surgery but was outside the limits before the surgery, will have a limitation permanently on the medical, even if the surgery was fine. but this limitation is stated on your medical so don't no why they would have to ask it all over again when they want to see your medical anyway.

Canada Goose
29th Nov 2006, 08:16
Thanks norton2005 !