PDA

View Full Version : Book to buy for interview...

caribpilotatr
27th Nov 2006, 14:59
So I was about to buy the book "Ace your pilot technical Interview" for CX interview. But when I was reading the comments on Amazon.com, people were saying it is riddled with mistakes (is this true?). I don't want to study the wrong stuff. Can anyone suggest another great book that has some good questions and the "RIGHT" answers? :sad:

I'mbatman
27th Nov 2006, 21:36
I bought that book and used it despite it having a few errors. I thought it was a good book. The few errors are very glaring and a professional pilot should not have too much of a problem picking them out. for the most part, the information is accurate and many of the q's cx likes to ask are answered in it. besides its only about $20.......i would also get handling the big jets and the www.jetthrust.com gouge.....that was the most helpful to me.....good luck

airbus2boeing
28th Nov 2006, 00:07
I'm trying to get rid of my Handling the Big Jet book, PM me if you're interested.

Rainbird
28th Nov 2006, 15:29
The first glaring mistake I saw was the lift equation with all the terms added together instead of multiplied.. if you can't figure out that that one is wrong on your own you probably shouldn't be flying anything bigger than a cessna 152... Use the book.. but think about the answers and if it seems strange do some research on your own.. Your mileage may vary...

NZLeardriver
28th Nov 2006, 20:24
Does anyone have the Capt ABC book for sale?