PDA

View Full Version : How to see regs. when entering from Airbridge

world
26th Nov 2006, 19:55
How do you see the registrations of the aircraft you are flying when entering the plane from airbridge (or jetway, finger....)?
I can only find the regs when entering from bus.

Thanx in advance

yellowdog
26th Nov 2006, 20:55
World,

You don't need to see the reg. Just ask the crew what aircraft you are flying on. Even if they don't know, (unlikely), they can ask the flightcrew for you.

YD

Mercyman
26th Nov 2006, 21:26
There is a small plate usually on the inside of the door frame that gives you the reg and a few other details

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
27th Nov 2006, 06:30
There is a small plate usually on the inside of the door frame that gives you the reg and a few other details

You just have to hope that the plate near the door and the one under the bonnet or the reg at the tail match up, and that they show no signs of being tampered with.

A simple HPI Check can help you though.

ALLDAYDELI
27th Nov 2006, 10:23
try to look down at the nosegear u/c doors for at least the last two letters. Look up at the top of the tail as a tip also. Some airlines dont have these markings in those places but worth asking a crew member. Ask ath the gate as well as A/C reg should be on the manifests/check in screen.

I asked the crew once, on a LUX-LGW B737 BA flight. Rather bolshy crew member thought I was suspicious and "what kind of a question is that". He kept gave me strange looks right throughout the flight.
He told (G-DOCx) me but I fealt guilty about it as if it inconvenienced him.

Oshkosh George
27th Nov 2006, 14:00
Best way is to go to your gate early,and you'll see it arrive.

the_fish@blueyonder.
27th Nov 2006, 18:19
I asked the crew once, on a LUX-LGW B737 BA flight. Rather bolshy crew member thought I was suspicious and "what kind of a question is that". He kept gave me strange looks right throughout the flight.
He told (G-DOCx) me but I fealt guilty about it as if it inconvenienced him.

I was on this aircraft from LGW-PRG this summer! :cool:

I haven't asked the cabin crew for the reg before but I often look for the plate as mentioned above when going to the lavatory or whatever.

I am used to flying EZY or FR so no need to look hard for the reg when boarding/exiting! :p

ALLDAYDELI
29th Nov 2006, 10:03
It wasnt DOCX, I made example from just one of that batch.

What if your aircraft is parked on gate all of the night, you wont see it come in Oshkosh George.