PDA

View Full Version : XL.com/Excel Airways

johnrizzo2000
26th Nov 2006, 17:28
Hi all

Just wondering if theres any XL crew out there? If there is, what are they like to fly for? What kind of hours do you do/number of sectors???
Also, anybody out there applying for next year?:confused:

Sunceo
29th Nov 2006, 17:00
Hey john,
Ive also applied... Its my first time applying to be crew so it should be interesting to see what happens! Haven't heard anything back mind you! What base are you applying for?

GemStA
2nd Dec 2006, 21:31
Ive been at XL for nearly 3 years, generally a great company that treat staff well. Been a tough 12 months....what with the mergers/takeovers etc. Seems to be settling down now and with the rebrand its giving a fresh look for the upcoming months.

Great crews, can always be sure you're going to have a good flight whether it be a Sharm and back or a week in the carribean.

Pay is average for charters. Good in summer can be a bit hard in the winter but rostering try and give fair rosters.

Majority of crew were kept on this year although on 50/75% rosters (actually looks quite appealing having a week off every month :) )

Good promotion oppurtunities and great airline to start with.

Fleets at moment are 737/757/767 and 767/747 so all on longhaul.

Generally only do 2 sector days....there and back, can involve positioning to diff bases etc. Hours can be from 6hours (ie; geneva) to anything upto 15 (Sharms and banjuls)

Any other questions just ask :ok:

Sunceo
3rd Dec 2006, 11:34
Hey!
Thanks for the info, love the new brand, hopefully i get an interview now, if i do i'll be back for more advice. I'm applying for Dublin (cos thats where im from!) so it would be interesting to see how the new dublin operations work!!

Many Thanks,
SunCEO.

glider12000
4th Dec 2006, 17:44
I`ve been here for about 6 months now, and have just applied to be on the recruitment team.

I love it, although it has been a tough few months, as has been said.

Work is varied, as we are a charter carrier. It`s one of the things i like, the chance that you can be going off to somewhere different. For example tomorrow i`m off to Rio, a route that isn`t normal for us.

But if you have any questions, just ask.

verseaurainbows
3rd Jan 2007, 09:36
Well ive just been told im invited to the interview for excel on 19th in Sussex...anyone else going?

Any hints or advice? I honestly dont know that much about XL and my research hasnt given me much either. Shall i dress very smart? Or a little more casual? Is there anything in particular (apart from the usual) they may be looking for?

Thanx

-Maxi

BestonBoard
5th Jan 2007, 19:48
Hi,
I flew for XL last summer before moving on to pastures new. They are a good company to work for, as long as you truly are flexible. If you can, be positioned at LGW, BRS or MAn as they are permanent bases. I worked at an outstation, and have to admit it was a very dodgy a/c, worked on 3 AOC's over 6 months, got stranded down route several times with very little contact from OPS unless we contacted them. The crews are great, they have now launched a new buy on board service, so everything that PAX require they have to pay for... no freebies! the 73's they have are really nice, they tend to do a lot of outsourcing through the summer and lease canadian, finish and other a/c... short haul fleets are 737-800/757/767-200 and longhaul is 767-300 and 747... however a lot of these are manned by Ex-Air Atlanta crew... it itends to be the old timers that get the long haul I'm afraid. You are only on a temp summer contract, approx april to November, unfortunately I am a little bitter, as no matter how hard I tried to prove myself, (no sickness, absence, lateness and glowing IF Assessments) I was still not offered transfer or even a part time contract... I know crew at the permanent bases that did get these contracts, although they took time off sick, were late etc...

It was a good first flying experience though! It gave me the flying bug and helped me get my role with my new airline now!

As for the interview day.... Smart and professional... be prepared to do a written exam about the history and aspects of the company, customer service, maths etc... Also a listening exercise, and a group exercise...

You will be measured and weighed as soon as you arrive, so don't fib on applications.

If you are successful, you will go through to a 2 to one interview, normally held with a trainer, and a purser... usual airline questions.... why do you think it is important to wear a uniform, give me a good example of when you have provided good/bad customer service etc...

Make sure your personality comes through tho! that's what they'r looking for!

Good luck to you all! I hope they treat you better than they did me :)

babymax
6th Jan 2007, 00:33
xl.com now we are rebranded and things are looking good,stansted and dublin are new bases for s2007 recruitment started now.xl is a good airline has faults like others but all is working together.

Head_in_clouds
6th Jan 2007, 08:40
Does anyone know what the rosters will look like from stn. I guess as its a new base theres not much info but also pay and aircraft used at that base. I have seen that xl have the 747 but I guess this would be LGW

babymax
6th Jan 2007, 14:03
a/c at stn will be canadian reg 737-800,doing short haul routes think approx 12 flights a week,so will be a nice little base not to busy probably do 3 or 4 flights a week as a crew member.

glider12000
6th Jan 2007, 15:38
747 is at both MAN and LGW.

But last year they were training people to go either 737/767 or 757/747.

So hopefully with that mixture you are likely to get a nice mixture or long and short haul.

Not sure what Carribean route we are going to do over the summer, but we have lots this winter, I have 2 Antiguas this month:O

Nice crew, very friendly and most of the passengers we get are great too!

Best of luck to all those that apply and hope to see you online in the near future

MagicDust
7th Jan 2007, 21:08
hello, i too worked for XL in the summer based in man, they are a fab company , and as far as i'm aware they are only going to get better, what with the rebranding and all..... p.s man is a great xl base, but i've heard from many fellow flyers that glasgow is and excellant base they are all meant to be barking mad...and they sound it, the stories i've heard those crew get up to are hilarious.

x

NCL1
17th Jan 2007, 15:55
does every base get trained on a longhaul a/c? or just the bigger bases such as man and lgw?

richuk123
17th Jan 2007, 19:58
hi there.

Trying to start a new post and it wont :ugh: must be a newbie thing! :)

looking at a new career in cabin crew having spend 6 years dealing with face to face sales and c. service in the golf industry !

one thing is bothering me. what do they mean by "weight in proportion to height??" now im 5ft 9, weight in at 15st (not huge, but no means slim) Now my fitness levels are fine, but would i be classed as too big??

Any ideas??

Richard

Tight Slot
18th Jan 2007, 00:43
hmmm, tough one there. I think as long as you can get down the aisle then you'll be fine.

Cabin crew management can be a pain in the arse though.

Best of luck.

UFGBOY
20th Jan 2007, 10:14
03 AND 04 FEBRUARY, DUBLIN AIRPORT HILTON

'Walk-In' Interviews

:cool:

Jenn
23rd Jan 2007, 16:49
Hi All,

Im looking for some advice if possible - I have an interview with First Choice in a couple of weeks time at LGW!

Does any one have any hints or tips for the big day....what to expect....questions etc?

I wld appreciate any help - It will be my first interview for cabin crew.....scary stuff!!

Thanks Jenn

Sunceo
23rd Jan 2007, 17:19
Hey UFGboy,
How do you mean "walk in"? Just I got an invitation to an interview and they said that places were very limited!

Thanks,
SunCEO.

Princessjalee
25th Jan 2007, 18:47
Hey all!

I did start a new thread but got diverted to this one!

I had my first airline interview ever last week for excel and got the job! All happened a bit fast but seems like a good shout! hehe!

Anyone out there who works/worked for excel? What are they like?

Also a big issue for me is accommodation as i live about 2 hours away from gatwick so will need to get closer! Any tips on what other crew do for accom etc? x

B.Flyer
26th Jan 2007, 14:08
Hey all!

I did start a new thread but got diverted to this one!

I had my first airline interview ever last week for excel and got the job! All happened a bit fast but seems like a good shout! hehe!

Anyone out there who works/worked for excel? What are they like?

Also a big issue for me is accommodation as i live about 2 hours away from gatwick so will need to get closer! Any tips on what other crew do for accom etc? x

Congratulations for your first airline job!!:D

What are they like??

Some of the crew love it, and some of them hate it!

I personally think XL is the worst charter airline!!

Bad salary - I earned last summer between 790£ - 1080£- that's a joke !!!!!!

Useless crewing and rostering!!

Lots of stanby and called out only 3 times ( in seven months)!!

If you get called out from your standby, they can expect fom you to be there whitin 45 minutes!!!!!!!- I HAD to do it twice!

Rostering is very unfair, some of the crew had each month two trips, my first long haul flight was in september.... - I was not the only one........
Everyone is complaining about everything.......etc...etc...

Also pilots are copmlaining, one of them was screaming at the front of Concorde House how he hates the company!!!............

Be aware - don't be sick!!!!!

Also this copmany discriminate people!!They have problems with crew who have a different culture....I know few crew, they just left because they coul't handle it anymore!!
Can you imagine?One of them is flying with Ryanair again!!!!

One of my best friend who is flying now with XL, just called me before, she was crying because she have only one flight for the hole month..........and she does't know how to pay the rent!!!!!

People are leaving every day!!

I know that there is no perfect empoyer, but this is too bad, this is a JOKE!!

I just try to tell you the truth, and I think for a first airline job is XL all right, just make sure someone can help you financial until you fly with them!

There are other charter companys like Monarch, Thomas Cook,Thomson, those are much much better!
My friend is flying with Thomas Cook, she have the avarage salary app. 1400£ after tax,every month long haul ...etc...she is very happy!
Why don't you try one of them???????

I wish you all the best, and if you go for XL GOOD LUCK!!

glider12000
26th Jan 2007, 22:26
A bit scathing there!

Well I`ve been here 6 months now and thoroughly enjoying it.

XL is a bit different now, settled after the merger with Air Atlanta European and with the management buyout we are heading in a better direction.

We have just started with a new rostering system which is going to make rosters more fairer.

Pay? Well I got paid today and it was about £1400, So i`m happy as that is on the winter 75% contract, so had I have been full time it would have been a nice £1600+.

If you have any question please ask and I`ll do my best to answer them.

For accommodation i used http://www.gatwickcrewaccommodation.co.uk/

Joyce was great and managed to sort out a room for me in 2 hours, for the next day.

Good luck and hope to see you online soon!

babymax
26th Jan 2007, 22:58
hey b flyer you obviously had a bad experience xl are not the worst charter airline,im fed up of people slagging off xl,every airline has bad points and good points,if people are not happy with xl go and work for other airlines for a few months and yoll realise xl are not that bad.for those wanting to apply give it a go.and too be honest if you get laid off and not asked back its for a reason and you guys know that its the same with every airline.

B.Flyer
27th Jan 2007, 08:28
hey b flyer you obviously had a bad experience xl are not the worst charter airline,im fed up of people slagging off xl,every airline has bad points and good points,if people are not happy with xl go and work for other airlines for a few months and yoll realise xl are not that bad.for those wanting to apply give it a go.and too be honest if you get laid off and not asked back its for a reason and you guys know that its the same with every airline.

babymax,

yes I had a bad experience with them....I know crew who love the airline.
Have to say the crew is very nice, but I still think the company is unfair in many aspects ( eg. if you earn with 75% contract 1400£ and others just survive...)

I aslo know there is no perfect compant out there, as I mantioned it previously, but XL have almost only bad points....hopefully this will be changed in the future, because they just loose the good crew...

You know everyone is different and everyone have differnet reasons to do this job...I haven't signed for the winter contract, and I just signed off from a Yacht and have to say the money was great over there and I have the opportunity now to pay back my credit here, what I had to use during my employment with XL.

Still think to start a career with XL is fine just be aware about few (?)things.....

Anyway, I wish everyone all the best and a nice summer season!!

B.Flyer
27th Jan 2007, 09:06
babymax,

yes I had a bad experience with them....I know crew who love the airline.
Have to say the crew is very nice, but I still think the company is unfair in many aspects ( eg. if you earn with 75% contract 1400£ and others just survive...)

I aslo know there is no perfect compant out there, as I mantioned it previously, but XL have almost only bad points....hopefully this will be changed in the future, because they just loose the good crew...

You know everyone is different and everyone have differnet reasons to do this job...I haven't signed for the winter contract, and I just signed off from a Yacht and have to say the money was great over there and I have the opportunity now to pay back my credit here, what I had to use during my employment with XL.

Still think to start a career with XL is fine just be aware about few (?)things.....

Anyway, I wish everyone all the best and a nice summer season!!

Another thing:

I think this forum is here to discuss good and BAD things!

Everyone have the right to know the truth, to read these posts and then decide ........
I also believe if someone ( eg. from companys ) read these things, they maybe learn... because this forum should be the mirror and everyone should face their mistaces, like I do !

Princessjalee
27th Jan 2007, 09:22
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replys! To be honest when i first started thinking about doing this job i only wanted to go to either virgin or ba!!! Learnt over time that with ba never recruiting and virgin never replying this may not be the best plan of action! lol! Im not looking to xl for a permanent permanent thing, more just a foot in the door. Plus havent all the other companies slowed down on their recruiting now? I thought the pay xl are offering is about average for junior cabin crew....? (very low i agree!) How long have you been at xl glider? Did u get alot of flying time when you first started?

I will be leaving a job in estate agency which i hate with a passion and have wanted to get out of for the past two years but havent had the guts, feel like i finally do! BUT all the bad reviews about xl are beginning to push me back in to my comfort zone a little! lol! xx

Princessjalee
27th Jan 2007, 10:21
Oh another thing guys. Where were u based? I will be at LGW.....as i understand alot more long haul is operated from this base, so maybe theres a chance of more work? i dont know! lol! x

glider12000
27th Jan 2007, 19:00
I had a lot of flying when i started, but that was because it was August, it`s been a bit quieter over the winter, but i`ve mainly been doing Caribbean runs.

I`m off to Antigua on Monday for several days as it happens.

With the new roster I`m sure we`ll see the long hauls more fairly shared. But XL is good for giving you long haul opportunities where other airlines ask that you be there for a while.

skywalking
29th Jan 2007, 14:24
ive been working for XL since june and love it.. the crew are great and when you join you go straight into long haul (LGW/MAN not sure else where) with other airlines you need to work up to long haul. The pay is not good but average for crew. There are 2 fleets 747 / 767 or 737/757/767 both have long haul. (76 does both long and short haul) If you need a place to stay you will defonatly find people on your training course who are also looking... the jobs great, you do meet alot of people who moan but as the airline is evolving that is becoming less and less thank god...
Anyway if you get a chance go for it... its no different toworking for any other charter airline..

Princessjalee
29th Jan 2007, 18:49
Thanks for the reply! Sounds good! Im going up to look at places this week for training period and beyond! Good to know you will also prob meet people on training to share with too! x

brighton_rocks
15th Feb 2007, 20:21
Hi all, just a quick question!

I appiled to XL at LGW (XL@LGW) for summer 2007 and recieved an email from hr stating i didn't meet the criteria!
I have previously worked for Air2000(FCA) at LGW 757/767/320/321 also at Air 2000 at BHX 757/767 and also for BA on Eurofleet as an sccm, was offered tcx and myt (but in holding pools both times). I have never had a day off sick in 16 years working, have glowing references and opened my own business which employs 5 staff and has been trading 5 years!! - I really miss flying and have recruited a manageress to run my business so i could concentrate getting back flying again. Does anyone have any ideas - especially if you work for XL in recruitment why i dont fit the criteria on immediate assesment?
Thanks guys and girlies - Brighton_rocks:confused:

boygeorgefan
21st Feb 2007, 19:31
What a joke these clowns are. Went for an interview today, fair test, fair group assesment etc, but i was very annoyed at the attitude of the recruiters of whom one fellow rejectee clamined they heard the word "idiot" under their breath. Lets just say ive emailed XL and basicaly they need to sort out the attitude of the recruiters.
I have been for Thomas Cook and Thomsonfly interviews and they were very friendly and warm. JET2 and XL are just pure arrogant, and im not bitter im stating a fact.

97robem
22nd Feb 2007, 01:53
Having worked with many major airlines crews over the past two years including FCA, MON MYT TCX and :ouch: TOM!!! i can honestly say that XL crew are the nicest. Their attitude to passengers and to each other is second to none and the ground crew they employ are also very friendly. They are professional and are a fantastic company to work for.
For all you cabin crew wannabees i would say if you have the chance to get in with XL then your onto a winner and won't look back.
Good Luck to you all.

jet2impress
22nd Feb 2007, 13:54
How do you work out that Jet2 are pure arrogant?? Care to explain? :mad:

BestonBoard
24th Feb 2007, 10:35
PLease don't knock XL! Arrogant? They have won awards for being the best charter airline going! I thank them gladly! I only flew for a summer season with them, but thanks to the experince I gained, I am now in the position I'm in now! Good goly, it does seem that the adage of cabin crew and 'female dog' get more and more intertwined daily!

sxyhosty6969
25th Feb 2007, 19:11
i am sure xl is the same as other companies, my partner works there and they obviously have a good time down route as i have just found he has been enjoying the xl girls down there.

Souzan
4th Mar 2007, 00:53
sorry u didnt get through boygeorgefan, , but the tone of your message is a bit strong. I applied & found XL very helpful & approachable, unfortunately the base I wanted was already full so I didnt get an interview. To 'claim that someone else heard someone say something' is a bit unfair. They do interviews to find the right people for the job, & loads of people dont get through to the second stage - dont take it too personally, it just wasnt your lucky day. Dont let it put you off & good luck for next time:) :) :)

BestonBoard
5th Mar 2007, 10:43
sxyhosty I'm sorry to hear that, I had a long term partner enjoy the delights of XL too, their supernumery flight too!... If they're prepared to do that to you, they don't deserve you!!!!!

XL as a company are very well established, some people comfortable with areas of the company before mergers etc would easily point out the bad points of XL, but everyone is entitled to an opinion...

Sorry to disappoint, but no matter what folks, you are objectively scored! Why do you think there are 2 to 1 interviews???? to intimidate you? nope... to get a fairer opinion... Interviewers do have a little sway, but to say they are unfair isnt't true... they have to be standardised! I left Xl afer a dreadful summer season, but I will sing their praises, cos at the end of the day, although I had a raw deal at an outbase, with no option to be kept on as I wasn't at a main base etc, I still thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Forget the attitude that sems to be preconceived when it comes to being crew... you are selected for your ability to handle whatever situation comes your way, and if you think you are too good for the job, then maybe you should rethink your career!

teamilkandone
9th Mar 2007, 10:09
Hi, just wondered if any of you excel guys can help. I am travelling to Sharm and am wondering what in flight meal is these days, am trying to follow a diet of sorts and wondered if I need to purchase something in the terminal instead beforehand? Thanks

Mia Donna
12th May 2007, 15:25
:ok: hi guys !! ,

I have an interviwe with xl next week and was wondering if anyone could help me on a few things . I am currently crew working out of manchester and gave up long haul with virgin last year (tired of commuting and man base very boring !!).

1) What are the possibilities of being kept on ?

2) What is average come home pay ?

Thanks for your info guys !!

happy flying

xxxx

laurap
17th May 2007, 11:33
You will be on the 737/757/767 fleet "shorthaul". The chances of being kept on are nil to zero. Contract will end in October and xl are vastly overcrewed at the moment, no one has hardly any flights. You'll be lucky to come out with £200 flight pay!

Mia Donna
18th May 2007, 12:18
hi mate ,

thabks for the heads up !! if they are so over crewed why do they need more staff ? bit mad eh ??

does the 767 do any long haul ??

cheers again xxx

BestonBoard
18th May 2007, 14:14
Hi there,

From what I remember with my time at XL, the 767 can operate SFB out of MAN, and some caribbean routes. However the majority of long haul is out of LGW, and from what I remember SFB's were bullet trips from MAN. All I would say is be prepared for uproar if you do get long haul trips... There are crew that have been there for years and are still operating shorthaul only. If you check out xl.com and there route schedules from MAN you can see what destinations they fly to... (obviously some ad hoc charter work can come into it... that's what the charter industry is about!) Xl still operate on 2 AOC's as far as I am aware, the british AOC is for the 73/75/762 and the Icelandic AOC is for the 763/747 which most of the long haul routes are operated on. (there are many more AOC's within the company depending on the base, when I was there I used to operate on an English and Greek AOC independantly depending on the a/c type I flew on... Newcastle operate on a Finnish AOC, and cardiff used to operate on a Canadian one... all depends where the a/c comes from!)

I enjoyed myself when I was there, I did only operate probably 5 flights per month, but I was based at an outbase that had a scheduled service, so MAN may be completely different.

From friends in the company now I am aware they are overcrewed at the minute, but Staff turnover does have to be allowed for!

Give it a go... what have you got to lose? :ok:

Mia Donna
18th May 2007, 19:05
hi there ,

thanks for that guess i am just worrying myself to death , i mean i hate my current job although the people are fantastic the management and company are not , suppose it cant be worse than now !! ha ha .got my interview this week so hopefully i will get it , i mean the uniform looks great !!!

cheersxx

Stephen82
21st May 2007, 15:37
Hi guys

Just a bit of advice for those of you who thinking to go to XL.COM (or whatever they re-brand to next).

I v been working for them for 10 months and have previous cabin crew experience so this was not my first Cabin crew job.

I have left bout a month ago, well they "ended my contract" because I dared to confront them about a few home truth regarding rosters, aircraft prep (for those who don t know what that is, they basicaly drag you in for 6 hours to prep seat pockets, toilets......) and pay!
But unfortunately they did not like it very much, so they then invite me for a "meeting" without ringing me, I had to see it as a change on my roster. I went there in the morning just to be told "We don't require your services anymore, please give us your ID and leave the building", They didn t actualy fire me but just ended my contract. Can you believe this is actually legal even tho I was on a permanent contract but not in the eyes of the law.

I am not the only person this has happend to and am disgusted of this company.

The rosters are VERY unfair even tho we were supose to have a new roster system.

The pay is crap!!!!!!!!!!!! With £9,819.20 Basic plus £2.28 flight pay but when you got bout 4 flights a month in the summer season, it's pretty sh...t!!

And also don't think you just goona get to Xl to be cabin crew and you will be expected to do those stupid aircraft prep, and also the lovely Check-in in the airport on saturdays to advise pax where to go :ugh::ugh:

Some of the crew there think XL is brilliant and when you tell them that you think they going low fares, they going mad! but they obviously haven't worked for anyone else before or they are very naive.
When you stand in the cabin and all you hear is pax complaining regarding the IFE not working, sink in toilets out of use and major delays, well you feel ashamed to work for them. Espacially on their long-haul fleet which is just falling apart and you are always delayed because of technical problem. One night stop could easily end up as 7.

To be honest, I am glad to be out coz I now know how they treat their crew and how bad they are.

Good luck if you still decide to go!!

PPL152
21st May 2007, 15:59
Now that's one crappy story.

A and C
21st May 2007, 16:09
If you feel that XL have a case to answer in law then do some thing about it, take advice from the CAB or your union rep, if the union thinks you have a case they will back you.

It is very easy to sling mud on this forum but the real test of your case is in court, if you are in the right they will probably not take it to court and will offer you a pay off......... now do you wan't to stand up for your self in the face of this "unreasonable" company? Or are you just letting off a lot of hot air on a forum in which the company can't defend its self?

In short are you man or mouse?

NCL1
21st May 2007, 16:12
Ive heard similar stories from people like this about xl, i was offered a job with them a few months ago and glad i didn't take it now when i look back. :hmm:

Stephen82
21st May 2007, 16:13
Hey

I am in the process of taking them to court but I only been there 10 months so it's pretty hard to stand out in court but a few people has been fired the same way as me so it's shouldn't be to hard!

PPL152
21st May 2007, 16:23
Sorry Stephen - you misunderstood me.

I meant the way they treat their staff is crappy. It's not the first time I heard bad stuff about XL.

As said, if this goes against the law, you should take further action. Never had anything to do with XL, but had to do with similar employers.

laurap
21st May 2007, 17:50
The 76/73/75 fleet does mainly shorthaul from manchester although the 767 does the Barbados/Caribbean bullet once a week. the 747/767 fleet does mainly longhaul, at the moment there is a Saturday - Friday trip to Sanford and a Thursday - Sunday one. There are also Ascension Island/Falkland trips which are either 5 days or 3 weeks. At the end of this summer the 747's are going because XL have decided they don't want them so there is a lot of bad feeling, especially from the ex air atlanta crew who joined a long haul airline to fly on the jumbos!

I would advise against anyone coming working here, they are vastly overcrewed, noone is getting flights and if you do complain the other crew take it badly if you then get some flights and turn against you! The original XL crew are very bitter since air atlanta joined and will do anyting to stab you in the back, I know, I have experienced it. full of yes people all they want to do is tell tales so that they get promoted. very bad company to work for at the moment!

Mia Donna
22nd May 2007, 10:57
hi there ,

I had my interview and got in , have decided to take the job as the thought of staying at flybe is just not viable . it is onl a summer contract and i intend to keep my head down and just get on with what i am given .

I have maxjet in the bag but like many people are waiting for a start date .

Having worked for other airlines i can totally undestand what you mean , this can be the best and the worst industry to work in . However cheer up , you could after all be working for flybe !! ha ha

think that the best policy may be just to keep ones mouth shut !! ha ha something i may find hard to do , but hey it is only for the summer !!

hope to meet you soon xx

Souzan
22nd May 2007, 11:11
Laurap - If it's that awful, why do you stay....????

Why not go & find that elusive airline where everyone gets exactly the flights they want, perhaps on brand new 747s, with nice long trips whenever you fancy them, everyone gets promoted after 6 months, everyone earns a fortune and everyone is best friends with everyone else:)

The AAE vs XL thing is surely not an issue, except in some peoples imagination. Its rather contradictory to state that there is 'bad feeling from ex AAE crew', and that 'XL crew are very bitter'......I havent heard it mentioned for months, most people have moved on........:ugh:

UFGBOY
22nd May 2007, 11:14
Just a small point or 2...
No 767 l/h ex MAN anymore.... BGI is LGW-BGI direct
Also, no B767 on AAI AOC.. everything except the B747 is XL....

bmiboyz
30th May 2007, 13:57
Hi Everyone,

I am lead to believe XL have a crew base now in LCA please could anyone supply further information???

Cheers!

No_Speed_Restriction
8th Jun 2007, 09:51
At the end of the day, before one joins an airline (either as flight deck or as cabin crew), he or she does their homework (either on Pprune or by word of mouth) to see what the "true" conditions are. There is no excuse in my opinion to then join an airline and then be confronted with a reality you werent prepared for.
There are many of us that do enjoy the airline and take the good with the bad (as with all other operators. Thats just the way it is in the real world). I'm sorry, but the classic "if youre not happy....then leave!!!" applies in this case. Please dont ruin it for the rest of us who are happy to chip in now and then for the good of the airline.

fuzzyhayley
8th Jun 2007, 14:01
i was AAE then we were shifted over to xl .......i lasted 3 months, was horrible.
I dont think its a good airline, and they really dont treat their staff very well.

Delays, delays, delays comes to mind :ugh:
i felt like i spent my whole shirft, arguing with pax, over delays, IFEs, meals etc.

NO-speed.....can i just say, you dont always find out what you want in these forums, and the "if you dont like it just leave" is not always the best.... people have commitments......mortagages, families to look after etc, its not always that easy.....but, i know people who are still at xl and love it and other who hate it, i think its all down to personal opinion.

bushbolox
8th Jun 2007, 15:57
Stephen,
Hmmmm Any real issues notwithstanding:
Your attempts to confront the management are commendable....if thats what really happened. I thought Instant dismissal is a result of gross misconduct. Did your criticism extend to doing something unnacceptable?
Are you that idiot that nievely posted sensitive information on myspace? Maybe not , but there is usually more to an offence than criticsm to warrant an instant dismissal. Your claimed previous experience contradicts the nievety you show as to the realities of life in UK charter.These problems (although unnacceptable) are endemic in the industry, ask your mates in the other utopian jobs. That is the only fair comparison to make....not ba etc. Lets have a few more details of what you did to incur such wrath,surely you want to help your fellow cc members to avoid the sort of behaviour (as innocent as you claim) that got you canned.
Otherwise you should clean up in court...I doubt you will though. Something a little fishy. Good luck anyway
As the other guys have said lets hear both sides.
XLcrew. Im confused. The market is buoyant why havent you found other crew work if its that bad.People are changing jobs at the drop of a hat, moving to much greener pastures .Or is there more to your attitude as well that is preventing sucessful reemployment. Give GSM a ring theyre fandabbydozy.They'll love you and Stephen. ::p
Fuzzy hayley
That is soooo last season. It was Probably best you left.:ok:
BB:}

fuzzyhayley
8th Jun 2007, 16:01
bushbolox......oh it was definatly best that i left lol
would have pulled all my hair out by now :rolleyes:
as i say ......i think its all down to personal opinion, and what your prepared to put up with.....again, i know people who are still there and love it :ok: