PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann

silentbutdeadly
25th Nov 2006, 16:06
Anyone got any info on this Company?

Hours, pay, what they are like in general to work for?

Also, web site has 2 different pics of crew uniform? Whats it like?

Which bases are the best to work out of?

Cheers!

Head_in_clouds
25th Nov 2006, 20:18
yes I would like soom info on this company too. Like sectors and what co. is like to work for

arann man
26th Nov 2006, 20:47
aer arann as a company are very very good , the pay is slightly poor although this is under review at the moment.

as for bases they have Dublin , Cork , Galway and luton ( they did have a IOM base but currently no crew there )

Cork and Galway i would say are the busiest bases and work increasingly harder than the dublin base! dublin i would say is the nicest base with the nicest people and the nicest rosters ( dublin is the only base that has nightstops and the main base that flys the ATR42 ) luton is a relitivly new base and because of that have really quiet rosters with the same route over and over.

any other information ya need pvt msg me!

arann man

Captain Planet
13th Nov 2007, 15:01
Base in Waterford since 14/May/'07

1 ATR72

They dropped Luton base.

CP

euromanxdude
14th Nov 2007, 16:28
they do have a base in iom but only for flight deck for atr72

Captain Planet
15th Nov 2007, 09:36
Euromanxdude,

Aer Arann have 1 A/C ATR 72 EI-REJ in Euromanx colours.
I'm surprised you don't know this having such a fitting name:}

CP.

euromanxdude
15th Nov 2007, 10:34
Hehehehehehe
captain planet sir'
why do ya think i wrote
' they only have a base for flight deck for atr72' !
and of course i knw we have REJ - i fly the thing! just didnt think i would have to make it obvious - if you know what i mean old chap!
:)

Captain Planet
15th Nov 2007, 13:51
My apologies Euromanxdude,I quickly read your post and mis-read it,I thought you were posing a question.
Stay safe in the skies my friend.:ok:

CP.

euromanxdude
15th Nov 2007, 14:41
Hehehehe...i knw i think what im about to type..and then dont check it before i post. doh!
so apologies if i sounded bit vacant, hahahaha

happy flying to you too captain :ok:

fredtheanorak
27th Nov 2007, 14:49
Hey Euromanxdude, how do you boys see things panning out after March now that FlyBes parked their tanks on the lawn.:confused: Do Aer Arran have a say on this or is it just ACMI lease and so you all just get relocated to some new rock and carry on as before:sad:

Captain Planet
19th Dec 2007, 15:48
It's spelled Aer Arann.

Anotherflapoperator
19th Dec 2007, 15:57
Fred,

I suspect they'll be making sure their accomodation is only leased until perhaps October. I believe EMX are tied into paying for the lease on REJ until well into next year at the earliest. Mind you if they like the Island, there'll be a few jobs available come October. RHS only though, sorry.

racheldebuitleir
14th Jan 2008, 17:33
I hear they will be recruiting for cabin crew soon. Anyone got any idea about this and what their needs are? Im crossing my fingers for waterford but being such a small base im assuming it wont be a base option this time round :(

VS-LHRCSA
17th Jan 2008, 06:52
I did a stint with these guys. On the whole, it was good fun. Not the most organised of airlines but nice and friendly.

I don't know what bases they will recruit for - they didn't have a base in WAT when I was there, ORK was the closest. You will need a minimum of one year's flying experience due to the ATR42 (solo crew).

Captain Planet
23rd Jan 2008, 22:16
well there's 2 FO vacancies in WAT for sure with their single aircraft they have based there at the moment and depending on whether they base a second aircraft there this summer like the rumour suggest, there will be a further 4-5 FO vacancies depending on the roster,4 captain vacancies obviously enough.

So bearing in mind that you need 2 cabin crew per duty, and 2 standby,you're probably talking a possibility of 10 for WAT. Now that's dependent on route expansion thus a basing of a second aircraft.

Regards CP.