PDA

View Full Version : Need Help (Bristow interview)

DARK SHADOW
25th Nov 2006, 08:30
Can anyone give me some helpful advice, I am due to go for a interview with Bristow (Australia) and are wondering what the interviews consist of and what sort of question are asked and any tip's that may help.

archos
25th Nov 2006, 11:10
Nowadays, they are asking only two questions: "Do you hold a current CPL?", and if so, "When can you start?".

sammy76
26th Nov 2006, 01:26
The first thing you do when you walk into the Bristow interview is ask for directions to the CHC head office! I've been to the bristow interview afew years ago and found it to be a very demeaning experience! At the end of it I felt like a piece of meat that was up for auction. They certainly have a very high opinion of themselves in that office, and will make you feel very little.
The CHC interview on the other hand, very relaxed with good people who treat you with repect. Plus CHC has diverse operations (offshore, SAR, EMS) and new aircraft (S-92) coming on line very soon. Bristow have been doing the same old stuff for years with old machines!
Your choice. My advice... don't sell yourself out too soon!

:ok:

Gray 14
26th Nov 2006, 11:10
Lot of new upgrades in Nigeria for CHC. They are heading in the right direction.

Later,

MamaPut
26th Nov 2006, 11:59
DS,
Just ignore all the negative vibes here, most of which have nothing to do with Bristow Australia, and what Nigeria has to do with it goodness only knows.
Bristow has been around for a long time (the name has certainly been around for a lot longer than CHC, even if it's not the same company). The main thing is to just be yourself, be prepared to say why you want to work for Bristow and do a little background research into the company, its Australian operations and its fleet there.
If you are thinking of going to Nigeria, remember Bristow has 42 helicopters there (as opposed to CHCs 13) and lots of opportunities. Bristow also offer SFO positions in Nigeria to CPL holders, allowing you to build up some good offshore experience either on Bell 412EP or S76.
Whichever company is your choice, good luck :ok:

sox6
26th Nov 2006, 12:14
From what I heard from friend who fly for them Bristow Australia has got its act together over the last few years so sammy76 is probably out of date.

They have opened a number of new bases over the last years or so, have expanded their fleet and are supporting the Australian government overseas in the Solomons with long range EMS. They have solid contracts with a cross-section of major oil companies and are run by a pilot which is a plus!

spinwing
26th Nov 2006, 12:42
Mmmmm .... Sammy76

Very strange I was interviewed by Bristow Aust about a year ago ...
found them to be very professional.

Perhaps it was your interviewer that was ...shall we say not happy with the interviewee???

:ooh:

hornylittlepuma
28th Nov 2006, 12:19
What about Bristow's (Oz) engineering record? I hear they've had some dogey stuff happen courtesy of contract engineers?? (Tail rotor incident a couple of years back):confused:

agent 99
13th Mar 2007, 11:17
Hi guys.
Just sent an application to Bristow(Australia) for a co-pilot position.
Would love to get any pm,s with hints and tips of what to expect with the interview process.
If anyone works for them, I would love to get some background info into the company (types and location etc!) also.
Cheers......:O

helifixer
13th Mar 2007, 12:16
horny little puma. First, learn how to spell then learn the facts, that way you won't look like a fool.

Teefor Gage
13th Mar 2007, 12:29
I would think that anybody needing hints and tips to get through an interview isn't really the right person for the job.

Make sure that you know your subject and are able to put yourself across properly - sell yourself to them!!

pants on fire...
13th Mar 2007, 19:05
Much of the selection process is dependent upon the medical.

1. Are you breathing?
2. Do you have a detectable pulse.
3. Are you still youing enough to hold a licence.

If you answer yes to all of the above, then proceed to go and collect $200.00 AUS. :8