PDA

View Full Version : New ICAO age standard is 65

sizematters
24th Nov 2006, 23:25
Well it's official - you can now fly until you are 65! ICAO's new age standard for pilots came into effect yesterday (23rd November) and was immediately adopted by the Hong Kong CAD.

so what happens now ???

slapfaan
25th Nov 2006, 01:21
......" so what happens now?".....

Well,you fly until you're 65!!!

sizematters
25th Nov 2006, 01:26
slapfaan...........mmmm, funny way to spell "smartass"

luvmuhud
25th Nov 2006, 01:49
I've heard it's currently 8-10 years for a captaincy, with rumours of 6-7 given the rapid expansion at the moment. Will this extension of retirement age have any effect on progression through the ranks for new joiners?

scanscanscan
25th Nov 2006, 17:19
Yes..... but there will also be an increase in inflight incapacitation...stay awake.

The Management
25th Nov 2006, 22:00
This is fantastic news.

Our plans over the last number of years have come to fruition.

The contract beyond 55, on lesser conditions, is costing naught in bypass pay. We were delighted to see the HKCAD adopt this immediately and our meeting with them over the last year has been thoughtful.

For those candidates missing out on our extension package, we encourage you to join our Checking and Training Team. The Training package “as is” is an exceptional package and it is a premium package beyond age 55. We encourage you to join our Team.

Our current Second Officers and First Officers needn't worry. There will be suitable upgrade positions in our current expansion, if indeed you are suitable. We will leave that to our Review Board. They have the numbers on bypass pay.

It will only slow your progression by several years as our priority is training DEFO and Commanders to fuel our expansion. We hope you understand.

Same Team, Same Dream.

The Management:ok:

electricjetjock
26th Nov 2006, 05:01
Must be a boring old day in the office "The management".:bored:

The sad thing about all of your posts is that you actually think we care about what you say!:rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO, as you actually think you are a "MANAGER"!!!!!!!:zzz: Good chinglish in your posts by the way, who writes them for you?

kenfoggo
26th Nov 2006, 07:35
The C.A.D in Hong Kong has accepted 65 as the new rule. So you CAN fly in Hong Kong until you are 65. Just NOT with Cathay. If you feel that you may wish to fly as a line pilot beyond 55, perhaps it would be best to jump ship now and get on someone elses seniority list which DOES embrace flying until 65.

Baywatcher
26th Nov 2006, 09:10
Kenfoggo

The first 3 freighter Capts have been extended initially to 62!

The Management
27th Nov 2006, 00:10
Mr. Jock my apologises, I was just down on the street getting a cup of java. One has to be awake when cutting ones contract.

Thank you very much for your comment. We will take that under advisement and file your comments in the appropriate place.

I will only assume that “chinglish” is a derogatory term towards our local pilots and I hope you don’t portray that in your training of local pilots. They may have a similar comments about your training technique.

I am sure you are happy about our employment beyond 55, especially when you are in our training system. You should encourage more candidates to join our training team.

As with any contract, we will and do whatever we please and maybe that has you upset. You have no control and we know how you pilots like control.

We are happy with the status quo of working beyond 55. It saves an enormous amount of money, we don’t pay bypass pay and extenders are on a lower contract than your so called B scale.

When the we don’t need the Check and Trainers we will reduce their over 55 package back to the ordinary line pilot package beyond 55. We believe this is company policy and outside the terms of your so called contract.

For all the line pilots who want to stay beyond 55, they will have to sign our “Beyond 55 Package”. We don’t like the term D Scale and we think the term “Re-Thread” is a form of intimidation and will be dealt with accordingly.

The Management:ok:

EEEdog
27th Nov 2006, 00:39
Careful what you sign up for guys........flying to the age of 60.....average life expectancy about mid 70's.
Flying to 65.......average age 67.....only 2 yrs retirement
This isn't a theory, it's stats....something to think about it.
Cheers,
EEEdog

electricjetjock
29th Nov 2006, 00:22
For the obviously trainee "wanabee" manager :rolleyes: it is not a derogatory comment to our local pilots, all pilots are treated and trained to the highest degree no matter their background or race, at least by other pilots. You are the one that seems to have the "problem" especially when pontificating and being derogatory to the pilot body:= . As I said before you should get a new script writer!!!:ok:

Five Green
4th Dec 2006, 08:39
E Jock:

Not sure but I think Management is pullin yer pisser !

Cheers:)

Numero Crunchero
4th Dec 2006, 11:55
Wasn't "The Management" a CPRUNE handle many years ago? Same style of writing...

404 Titan
4th Dec 2006, 13:14
Numero Crunchero

Yep I think it was. The guy is a genius though using reverse psychology to rouse the troops.

Five Green
5th Dec 2006, 13:34
So I guess I am gonna have to put up with certain long tooths for another decade ! That is the last straw, I am going to try and get that wall mart greeter job !!

Peace out !