PDA

View Full Version : problems logging on to Pprune

roundwego
24th Nov 2006, 11:29
Is anyone else having problems getting into Pprune. For the last week or so, I get the dreaded "This page cannot be displayed" error. I can usually (but not always) get into the first page but when I try and go into individual sections or threads everything grinds to a halt.

I am having no problems with any other site so i can only put it down to the Pprune server.

Keygrip
24th Nov 2006, 11:34
Ah - (selfishly) pleased to see that somebody else is having/had a problem.

As you can imagine, I log in very frequently - either from my hotel room laptop or my home office desktop.

Since arriving in the latest hotel room I have been unable to log on from my laptop - VERY long delays in loading, then ending in a "Cannot display this page".

I could, however, remotely log into my home office desktop - FROM my hotel room laptop, and then connect through the desktop with no problem.

However, yesterday, the problem went away without any comment - I just logged on directly from the hotel room.

P.Pilcher
24th Nov 2006, 12:30
Well, what I have been finding over the last few weeks is that a header appears and then, despite a long wait, nothing else. Refreshing the page a time or two often works, but you never know when it is going to happen. The problem seems much worse with IE (6 or 7) than it is with Firefox. I've merely assumed that is the next stage before the dreaded "sorry the server is to busy at the moment" message with a couple of ads bursts forth. I also assume that the problem will go away when Danny and co have yet again managed to increase server capacity.

P.P.

roundwego
27th Nov 2006, 17:41
When I posted this problem first, Pprune was the only website i had difficulty getting into. I don't know what has happened but now I have no problems getting into Pprune but the BBC website now is the problem one. I can only get into the BBC website about 50% of the times i try. I have tried with Opera and the problem is no better with that browser.

I have run Adaware & Spybot, have cleared all temp files & cookies with no significant improvement. I have also tried switching off my firewall.

Why would this problem manifest itself on one particular website and more puzzling, why on Pprune first on its own and then the problem transfer to another site. All other sites are fine.

Can anyone come up with any suggestions?