PDA

View Full Version : Win XP - Product Key

bolumenb
24th Nov 2006, 04:05
I am trying to reformat my machine as it is too sluggish and prior to doing this I realized that I misplaced the CD holder with the product key and I can't find it - I am sure eventually I will but for now I can't. Is there a way to obtain the product key from the computer so that I can reformat and use the product key again?
Thanks.

ORAC
24th Nov 2006, 05:17
Windows XP Product Key Viewer (http://blog.kevindonahue.com/archives/2002/10/22/windows_xp_product_key_viewer/)

jay_hl
24th Nov 2006, 08:20
Ive done the same but with my copy of MS Office 2003.

Anyone any ideas before I reformat??????

ORAC
24th Nov 2006, 08:55
Office Product Key Viewer (http://www.softsland.com/Office_Product_Key_Viewer.html) This program will display your Microsoft Office XP and 2003 product key....

jay_hl
24th Nov 2006, 09:02
Cheers ORAC for that.

My only question is that I says you have to pay for it and it is freeware. I downloaded it and ran the application and it produced a key ending in XXXXX. Does this mean that I have to pay for the last 5 characters or does my code end in 5 x's.

Have you used it before?

Rgds

DaveO'Leary
24th Nov 2006, 09:04
Is there not a sticker on the rear of base unit?

shack
24th Nov 2006, 09:10
Have a look for Magical Jelly Bean Key Finder. If you cannot find it PM me and I'll send you it.

jay_hl
24th Nov 2006, 09:16
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

This magical Jelly Bean thing worked a treat and gave me my full code for free. This also works for MS XP as well for info! Turns out that the last 5 characters were not X's so I assume you have to pay to see the full code on the other one.

Thanks all :p

Just saved me a few pennies on a new copy.
Might have the funds now to get a Personal Title!!! Watch this space. :D

ORAC
24th Nov 2006, 09:21
havenīt tried it, probably have to buy it to get the full number. This one will apparently tell you about everything on your system.

Also found this recommendation:

"You can try 'System Info' available at www.gtopala.com. It is a small tool, just 1.26 MB, even needn't installation process. It gives all HW/SW information of windows PC. This program has windows explorer like view with two panes. In left pane expand 'Applications'. Select 'Microsoft Office'. In right pan you can get the Product Key along with other informations."

tony draper
24th Nov 2006, 09:22
Hmmm, it wont run on my machine,anyway best thing is to write the product key down in at least six different locations,a good plan to remove the head board from yer bunk and write it on the wallpaper behind it and on the back of same,no good just writing it on scaps of paper for they will invariable go adrift.
Leastwise my scraps of paper alus do.
:rolleyes:

jay_hl
24th Nov 2006, 09:24
ORAC thats for the info but all is solved with the Jelly Beans!! (Never thourght i'd hear myself say that)!! :D
At least all sleep tonight! :ok:

Keygrip
24th Nov 2006, 11:50
I was steered towards a thing called "Belarc Advisor" (Belarc.com?).

Runs a full check of the hardware and software and spits out ALL the information you could ever hope to get.

terryJones
25th Nov 2006, 15:30
Keygrip
Here is the link to Belarc.
I use it a lot, tells you more than just serials.
(AND IT'S FREE)

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html