PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Book

Jolly 55
23rd Nov 2006, 17:26
Hello Everyone.

I must say that this is an outstanding fourm. As an old helicopter pilot I have learned a lot from it.

About the book; Reciently, while stumbeling through some helicopter websites (Admittedly I am "computer inept"), I saw a book written by a Bell 206 pilot. The title indicated that the book told everything about the 206 and every mistake/lesson learned while flying it. I don't remember either the title ot authors name and have not been able to find anything like it again on the net.

If anyone out there knows about that or any book like it I would appreciate the lead. Thanks in advance.

Jolly 55

paco
24th Nov 2006, 00:04
if heliport will allow me :) - it's probably the Bell 206 book written by Phil Croucher. Dunno about "every mistake", though!

Phil

chester2005
24th Nov 2006, 00:17
The book you may have seen is called "the helicopter pilot's handbook"
by Phil Croucher , i have a copy and have started reading it in combination with my ATPL studies and so far its quite good, it covers the 206 well, worth a read.

Chester:ok:

Just noticed that the same author has a book that elaborates on the chapter about 206's for sale called "the bell 206 book" i'll have to order one!

paco
24th Nov 2006, 15:24
That must be it then!

Phil

Heliport
24th Nov 2006, 18:07
if heliport will allow me :)
Straight question, straight answer, no problem. ;)

H.

Jolly 55
24th Nov 2006, 21:32
Hey Chester:ok: and Phil:)

Found them, ordered them, am happy!!;)

Thanks for the help fellas.