PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house - help required

225Turbo
23rd Nov 2006, 16:42
who on an RAF camp should a mortgage provider contact in order to validate my earnings? specifically Brize if anyone can help:\

PTT
23rd Nov 2006, 16:52
who on an RAF camp should a mortgage provider contact in order to validate my earnings? specifically Brize if anyone can help:\
They should accept originals of your pay slips (mine did). If they don't then I'd point them to Innsworth.

Sospan
23rd Nov 2006, 16:57
My HR, AKA PSF faxed off the relevant details to my mortgage company. :ok:

johnny99
23rd Nov 2006, 18:12
No need to direct your mortgage provider to Innsworth - OC PMS, OC PSF at your Stn can confirm necessary details. Been down same route only few months past while at Brampton and this worked with no snaggs

(argue for your limitations and they are yours)

225Turbo
23rd Nov 2006, 18:17
No need to direct your mortgage provider to Innsworth - OC PMS, OC PSF at your Stn can confirm necessary details. Been down same route only few months past while at Brampton and this worked with no snaggs

(argue for your limitations and they are yours)

is PSF still known as PSF nowadays?

Sospan
23rd Nov 2006, 19:01
Our PSF went thou a name change and called themselves HR Flight, since then they had a dressing down and are now called PSF, formally know as HR Flight, Formally know as PSF !!!!:ugh:

225Turbo
23rd Nov 2006, 19:10
Our PSF went thou a name change and called themselves HR Flight, since then they had a dressing down and are now called PSF, formally know as HR Flight, Formally know as PSF !!!!:ugh:

lol, thats class:D

Farfrompuken
23rd Nov 2006, 20:50
225T,

My P2 clerk wrote a letter to my mortgage company confirming my BASIC salary.

They won't do this at your request, your mortgage company needs to fax them a request first.

He had to add (at MY request) my Fg Pay, but was obliged to state it was an allowance based on continuing medical fitness.

Hope that helps.

plans123
23rd Nov 2006, 21:11
I provided my mortgage provider (Northern Rock)with payslips and P60 and a contact number at PSF/HR/whatever if they had any questions and they were more than happy with that.

45 before POL
23rd Nov 2006, 22:07
It all depends on your mortgage provider. I went with Bristol and West, all they wanted was pay slips and p60 along with address of employer, which was innsworth(address on the payslip) at the time. Most mortgage providers are generally content to lend to services personnel, providing you have not PVR'd :E However any one in that position ...remeber most civvie jobs max 3 months notice , so if you got more 6 months plus left do they need to know.:oh: :oh:

Mal Drop
23rd Nov 2006, 23:07
It was payslips and P60 for me.

BoeingMEL
23rd Nov 2006, 23:39
225..I hope the following helps you:

1: Confirmation of earnings will depend on your proposed borrowings... the loan to value percentage.

If you propose to borrow 75% or less of the property's value, most lenders allow a self-certification (ie you simply sign saying that you can afford the repayments).

2: Above 75% (although some lenders allow self-cert upto 90% LTV) you'll need payslips and/or P60.

3: Written confirmation from employer is becoming increasingly rare except where you can't provide payslips and/or P60.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Go straight to a High Street lender's branch or apply on line..... this will keep you away from the £1500 - £2500 arrangement fee which many brokers charge for doing folk all!

Goos Luck bm. ex 737 and S76 skipper...now with multiple sclerosis and mortgage brokerage!

PPRuNeUser0211
24th Nov 2006, 10:22
IIRC when I applied for mine, I provided three payslips and a copy of the RAF pay scale to prove where I was on it and my future progression through it. Worked fine! (Skipton BS twas)

matkat
24th Nov 2006, 11:20
Being a civvie I showed my payslips and bank statements why should it not be the same for you??

A V 8
24th Nov 2006, 11:33
I'm also with Northern Rock.

They wanted 3 payslips and a letter confirming my salary. ( they couldn't get their head round why food and accom was deducted from my wages:ugh: ) Got my Flt Cdr to do it on some nice headed notepaper - they were happy with that.

Get your mortgage provider to fax a request to PSF/HR/HRFKAPSF* and you should be ok.

*Delete as applicable!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
24th Nov 2006, 11:33
I misread the title and thought it said: Buying a horse - help required

:O

225Turbo
24th Nov 2006, 14:33
thanks for your help guys, i went through the Nationwide, and they only wanted to see 3 payslips and a P60.
Got the mortgage, now just waiting for surveys etc etc

thanks again