PDA

View Full Version : That Clown From Oasis

fantaman
21st Nov 2006, 17:31
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21112006/344/noel-hits-moaning-troops.html

I used to like Oasis, however, I hope his next s:mad: t is a hedgehog! :ugh:

Noel Gallagher Says...
"The troops want to go, all they want to do is fight! They're soldiers. They're loving it, until they get shot - then they're claiming compensation. If you're bothered about getting shot - here's a thing - don't join the Army."

The Helpful Stacker
21st Nov 2006, 18:09
One of music videos featured some Army operated equipment quite heavily I seem to remember. Couple of Lynx wasn't it.

Gratitude eh?

fantaman
21st Nov 2006, 18:23
One of music videos featured some Army operated equipment quite heavily I seem to remember. Couple of Lynx wasn't it.

Gratitude eh?
Hope the Army/RAF/Navy remember that next time they are after one :=

dakkg651
21st Nov 2006, 19:00
Well. Perhaps a Lynx could drop him off in a real oasis and then we'll see how he could fend for himself.

W***er. Crap music. Needs to grow up.

Tape his mouth to save us from his c**p 'music' and his childish uninformed utterances about things he hasn't got the first clue about.

Please God. Save us from the ignorant and ungrateful.

Archimedes
21st Nov 2006, 19:36
Oasis' greatest hits? That'll be a short album.

'Oasis' collection of tunes that owe an awful lot to the Beatles and with some sections owing a great deal to Pink Floyd through which the public has funded our drugs consumption' would be a more accurate description.

To be fair, two positive things can be said about Noel Gallagaher - 1) he believes that the lead singer of Coldplay is a whining immature idiot 2) he's not as much of an odious cretin as his brother

Tourist
21st Nov 2006, 19:55
Exactly which part of his statement does anybody disagree with?

Incidentally, Oasis paid a lot of money for the Lynx in the video, so it wasn't a favour from the military.

Faithless
21st Nov 2006, 20:02
Well. Perhaps a Lynx could drop him off in a real oasis and then we'll see how he could fend for himself.

W***er. Crap music. Needs to grow up.

Tape his mouth to save us from his c**p 'music' and his childish uninformed utterances about things he hasn't got the first clue about.

Please God. Save us from the ignorant and ungrateful.

You are having a laugh aint ya? First thing is trying to find a serviceable Lynx! and secondly, it best be cold because if the temp is up, Lynx would struggle to lift him and his druggie posie. Lets hope the stupid Manc ODs on some White powder crap they snort.

fantaman
21st Nov 2006, 21:02
Exactly which part of his statement does anybody disagree with?

Incidentally, Oasis paid a lot of money for the Lynx in the video, so it wasn't a favour from the military.
If you're bothered about getting shot - here's a thing - don't join the Army
Erm, that bit for a start. Yeah we all know it might happen but you dont need w:mad: kers like him rubbing it in :ugh:

PompeySailor
21st Nov 2006, 21:10
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/liveloungetour.shtml

You can win the Gallagher fool playing live in your front room. Who's to argue if your front room happens to be the mess, and it's full of compensation-claiming soldiers?

Like to see his Manc-swagger once he's been picturised by someone who's managed to live life without wedging copious amounts of illegal drugs up their nose.

hrmgr
21st Nov 2006, 21:33
Why are we even wasting time on this? Some idiot FROM A BAND who are old enough to be my PARENTS have an opinion about something they have no knowledge about, other than what they read in the Manchester Evening Standard. Whatever, move on. :(

brit bus driver
21st Nov 2006, 21:39
Pompey - you are a true manoeuverist! I like your thinking! Let's all apply.

Fox_4
22nd Nov 2006, 08:41
I think its fairly accurate though: If you dont want to get shot at dont join the Army!

He is only being blatantly honest.

PompeySailor
22nd Nov 2006, 08:51
He's having a little squirm now though. Denying that he said most of what was reported, but yes, if you join the Army then you must expect to get shot. Would still like to see the foul mouthed swaggering Manc fool in a one-to-one with someone who has been there.

As an aside, I think the ARRSE argument about "well come and do it then" is redundant. He hasn't chosen to do the job that we do/did, so what could be gained from putting him in a uniform? He won't change his mind, he won't get anything like the full experience, and it simply isn't going to happen, is it? We quite happily slag off politicos, journos, bands, music, sports stars, etc, and at no point do we expect to "have a go and see if we like it/can do it". It makes the argument stupid (especially when it comes from a Staffy on national radio), and makes us all look pretty silly. ARRSE seem to resort to "if you can do it, then come and do it, otherwise shut up" on a regular basis - we are not above being commented on or even criticised by people that have never worn uniform - and in fact ARRSE seem to reserve the most vitriolic criticism for people that HAVE worn uniform!

For a military service we have a tendency to over-sensitivity at times!

PTT
22nd Nov 2006, 09:16
I didn't want to get shot at, but I think that there are some things worth getting shot at for.

[Not oil...)

thunderbird7
22nd Nov 2006, 09:22
[Not oil...)

Oh you little cynic... :rolleyes:

GPMG
22nd Nov 2006, 12:41
I would be surprised if he said that to be honest, especially with such a huge fanbase within the forces, (well they did when I was in, you couldn't walk down a barracks corridor without hearing Champagne SuperNova).

Perhaps the papers/media have twisted what he did say? Noooooo of course not they wouldn't dream of it.

And if he did say it? Well although he has no right to say it and that it was misdirected I do think that now and then a very few certain individuals play on it a bit much.

Although my main beef is with some family's when their loved ones fall in battle. Some of the crap that certain family's flood the papers with does a real disservice to the persons memory and what they were fighting for.

It should be noted that in the same so called rant he apparantly slagged off Blair and his fake war, shouldn't we be applauding that?

I just hope Noel doesnt get all Geldoff or U2 and start out on the pop-politics road.

BluntedAtBirth
22nd Nov 2006, 13:17
Credit where credit is due, he must have seen a fair bit of small arms fire doing the drug scene in Manchester...

Krystal n chips
22nd Nov 2006, 13:51
Just musing aloud here-----suppose, for example, somebody were to ask "a well known pop group" to er, visit somewhere hot and dusty and do a gig for the troops--for free or near as damn it---and if said group decline the offer---which would be highly likely of course--- then follow the well established practice in the UK of leaking this fact to a sympathetic rag to er, generate the "well known pop group bottle it! " headlines-----thus ensuring they are damned if they do go--and damned if they don't. There's more than one way to skin a cat after all.

All of the above is purely hypothetical of course---just random thoughts on a wet afternoon.:E

EESDL
22nd Nov 2006, 14:31
Personally, I think we're all getting a bit precious here.
If he did say what he's reported to have said then it's probably the most sense that has come out of his mouth for a long time. Atleast you can't argue with his logic.
He's a pop 'star' who relies on publicity and several ppruners are wiggling about after chomping on the bait and adding to the PR debate.
Now go and launch the fleet, with some 'road is winding.......' Oasis stuff in the headset and laugh at the fact that you get to hot and sandy places for free!!!!

moggiee
22nd Nov 2006, 15:29
To be perfectly fair, there are plenty of soldiers who DO join the Army just to fight (and I don't just mean downtown Catterick on a friday night).

Severance
22nd Nov 2006, 19:14
"But to us that's normal. So we'll be horrified with what follows. By the time I'm on my deathbed my daughter, Anais, who's six, will be some mental, axe-wielding, cyber-punk lunatic. And I'll be horrified."

That deathbed might a bit closer than he thinks; one can only hope.
What a prat, best of luck to Anais with her axe.......

Sev

TheInquisitor
22nd Nov 2006, 23:19
Headline: "Noel Gallagher is a mouthy Manc tw@t shocker!"

...hardly news, is it?

Having said that, Noel, I'd avoid any gatherings of Squaddies for a good while if I were you....methinks you'll end up losing more than just your teeth next time.....:}

...or was that his equally tw@ttish and improbably uglier brother?